Trojan - Malware

cmsally

I have found New Malware.u on my system. Spy Bot search & destroy and Spyware Remover don't detect it but a scan with McAfee does , there are 2 items that the McAfee can't clean or quarantine so I'm left with them on my system.

Anyone know how to get this New Malware.u out of the system completely.

I have found New Malware.u on my system. Spy Bot search & destroy and Spyware Remover don't detect it but a scan with McAfee does , there are 2 items that the McAfee can't clean or quarantine so I'm left with them on my system.

If you are running XP try starting up in safe mode (hit F8 during startup) and run the scan again.

Edited by tywais

I am no computer Techie by a long stretch. However I have found this Anti Virus software quite useful:

http://www.nod32.it/home/home.htm

It seems to reach far deeper into the computer when say compared to Spy Bot search & destroy and Spyware Remover.

Malware.u is not listed on their home page but it my view it is worth a try if for nothing more than when I first ran this software I was amazed at the infections that were on my Hard Drive that the former Spyware remover's had not detected. Hope this helps.

The safe-mode scan is far more effective than regular scans. It will not auto-launch the malware program, and therfore your spyware remover can delete it.

I've never had malware/spyware get past Avast antivirus yet.

cv

I have AVG free and it has the following trojan quarenteened (spelling) and I want to get rid of it. How do I do this?

Trojan Horse dropper.agent.8.b

C/:\windows\$nfservicepackuninstall$\cisvc.exe

Backup copy

Infected

thanks for any help.

Kringle

I have AVG free and it has the following trojan quarenteened (spelling) and I want to get rid of it. How do I do this?

Trojan Horse dropper.agent.8.b

C/:\windows\$nfservicepackuninstall$\cisvc.exe

Backup copy

Infected

thanks for any help.

Kringle

That was a known bug in AVG during August of this year. There was no trojan and if you have current AVG it should no longer detect it as such. Do a Google on the file name "cisvc.exe" and you will find a lot of information.

have you tried ewido ? thats good.

for stubborn virus , i make my primary drive a secondary drive ,slip in another hard drive that has a copy of XP on it, boot of that ,then you can go into the dirs where the virus are and delete them as they are not active. they might be read only so tick them to make them readable and delete them.

by making your primary drive a secondary inactive drive the windows is inactive so you can delete as required.

hi'

if you can't really for sure delete these file boot from a Linux cda "live" one like knoppix and then look inside windows directory, if you know what to delete, just do it!

and yes some distro can see and write on ntfs volumes :o

francois