Large Sizes Clothes Shops

llamedos

Larger western sizes above about a 52 inch chest are extremely difficult to get in Thailand, most have them made, maybe you just need to find a better place to get them made.

Pm me with what you are paying to have them made now and where you are and I may be able to help.

The Export Outlets carries limited large size clothes (not trousers) which is all around town, in the suburbs.. I am not sure in the city because I seldom see them in MBK and, I don't know Sukhumvit well. I seen them near Victory Monument BTS where they have big signs of XXXXXXL size available (which should be beside the movie mall place towards the city).

The Export Outlets, shirts I need 3XL as like loose fitting, many times they have 2XL then 4 & 5 XL....

Noticed, underwear + sort off jogging pants @ 6 XL... Trousers also problem need 48 + Long 36 leg, always appears that they have 44 and then a big jump 54 - 62... often not turned up so length is fine, but if already turned up then most are 29 - 32.

I end up buying lots when they have them in the size I want, friend visits at least 1x month, maybe 1x year they have my size. or just maybe there sold out when my friend visits

I have the same problem, there are a couple of places at MBK. Opposite side to where the cinemas are at the top of the escalators, not sure what the floor is but it is the one lower than MK and the other food shops near the cinemas.

One is an open area with clothes racks to the right of the escalators as you get off. Not a lot but they have 6xl clothes there. Also to the left of the escalators is a shop, I think it is called Dr Wu or Zu, something like that about 2 or 3 shops along. They have big clothes in there as well.

Why not post here how to lose weight, and then you will find it easier to buy clothes and save money as well as living longer.

When i moved to Thailand 3 years ago i was 25 kg heavier.

I feel on top of the world now and people now call me Laww instead of before Uwaan!

Why not post here how to lose weight, and then you will find it easier to buy clothes and save money as well as living longer.

When i moved to Thailand 3 years ago i was 25 kg heavier.

I feel on top of the world now and people now call me Laww instead of before Uwaan!

How about not getting all preachy and assuming large means fat?

I don't know how helpful this will be, But Russians do a lot of shopping at Bo Bay market, which is not far from Hua Lumphong railway station ,in Krung Kasem Road. They seem to be a pretty large group( sizewise) of people. So, suspect there will be large sizes ,at shops with signs in Russian.

Tools Unlimited in the maze of stalls in Pratunam is by far the cheapest and has the best variety. T-shirts are about 200 baht, boxer shorts are 100 baht, sweatpants are 250 baht or so. I think casual shirts with a collar run about 280 baht. The sizes go up to 10 or 12XL- extremely large even by Western standards.

I think if you go deep into the beast from the wide alley that has the McDonalds and the hotel- someone help me what is the name of that place- but go into the maze there and head to the right. It is in a corner and well-hidden.

I wish I could give you better directions but I have a lot of trouble finding it every time I go. If you ask some of the shop owners they can point you in the right direction- provided you are buying for yourself. Or if you are buying for someone else and your Thai is good enough to explain that you are buying for a large-sized friend, that will work.

The quality is not superb but it is good value. From time to time I get out the needle and thread for a touch-up here or there. No biggy. They have casual pants that are a good deal- maybe 350 baht for thick, sturdy pants. They tend to have too many pockets though- cargo style. I think they have other pants styles as well at times- I did buy dress slacks there once. Best of luck.

Can someone provide some info on the Export Outlets locations around BKK?

The Export Outlets carries limited large size clothes (not trousers) which is all around town, in the suburbs.. I am not sure in the city because I seldom see them in MBK and, I don't know Sukhumvit well. I seen them near Victory Monument BTS where they have big signs of XXXXXXL size available (which should be beside the movie mall place towards the city).

Can someone provide some info on the Export Outlets locations around BKK?

Better to say where you are ?

Been to Export Outlets in Central Plaza in Pinklao, + the new one in Nonthaburi, also in Nonthaburi The Mall and across the road ground floor in Pantip 2..... big one on it own going towards Pattaya + south of Hue Hin

central BKK...anywhere along any of the SkyTrain routes.

There was a mention above of some location near Victory Monument and the Century Movie center...and also around the Big C Ratchadamri.

I can't recall ever noticing anything there...but then again, I probably wasn't looking.

Edited by jfchandler

• 2 weeks later...

Big C Pratumwan. Opposite Central World. Ground Floor. Used to be in Amarin Plaza & Ploenchit Center.

I was wandering around inside the Big C opposite CentralWorld a couple times in the past week... since I hadn't really been back there since they reopened after the Red Riots...

So, I walked and walked around the shops on the first floor...and didn't see anything that looked to be selling big/tall size men's clothes....

I wasn't sure what the shop name was supposed to be...but certainly didn't see anything about "Extra Large."

Am I going blind??? :ph34r:

I have the same problem, there are a couple of places at MBK. Opposite side to where the cinemas are at the top of the escalators, not sure what the floor is but it is the one lower than MK and the other food shops near the cinemas.

One is an open area with clothes racks to the right of the escalators as you get off. Not a lot but they have 6xl clothes there. Also to the left of the escalators is a shop, I think it is called Dr Wu or Zu, something like that about 2 or 3 shops along. They have big clothes in there as well.

absolutely spot on dr zuu has up to 6x they sel everything from shorts to dress shirts and very reasonable priced they also alter?shorten your jeans or trousers withhin 10 minutes for free for you

rick

Edited by rickthailand

Well, I was out on the prowl today and ended up running down the "XL for Men" shop on the 3rd floor of the Silom Complex building at Saladaeng BTS station. The staff inside said the same company has a second location on the third floor of MBK...

The two girls/staff inside the Silom store were pretty clueless and spoke sparse English.... At first, they said in Thai to my wife that they had no pants longer than 34 in. inseam... But then as my wife and I stayed and browsed in the store longer, it turned out they actually had at least some pants that had a 36. in inseam, and waist sizes up to the mid 50s at least.

The Silom shop, despite being not that big, is actually crammed full with clothes... pants... shirts... mostly casual with T-shirts and polos, short sleeve button down shirts, Dockers type pants... They also had a pretty wide range of sizes in both big and tall versions (probably more in the straight big category), ranging from XL to up to 5 or 6X... Prices seemed to be 400-500 baht for their pants and 200-300 baht for most of their shirts...

post-53787-0-36025700-1310308188_thumb.j

A couple things I noticed.... most of the stock I looked at had labels saying manufactured in Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia, though the typical fabric material was decent quality... Another thing I noticed is they appear to have a lot of shelf stock items mixed in that are "seconds," with the little collar tags cut or crossed out with black marker... And I noticed some of the polo shirts there had collars that had small cuts or tears/frays in them.... So best to pay attention to the condition of the item you're interested in...

The store staff said they're open in the Silom Complex 7 days a week, from 10 am to 9 pm.... though that closing time seems a bit late for that location... But that's what they said.... They also said the MBK shop probably has a smaller selection of stock... though I haven't seen it myself to verify that.

At least...it's good to know a couple such places exist.... Didn't see any shoes there, by the way...

Meanwhile, no one here has answered my query above about not being able to find any big size clothing place inside the new Big C center across from CentralWorld... I walked and walked that place...and saw nothing there last week.

I don't know how helpful this will be, But Russians do a lot of shopping at Bo Bay market, which is not far from Hua Lumphong railway station ,in Krung Kasem Road. They seem to be a pretty large group( sizewise) of people. So, suspect there will be large sizes ,at shops with signs in Russian.

I would avoid this market if you can:

The traders want to sell in bulk ,minimum of 3-5 or10 pieces depending on the item

Unless you have a fair knowledge of Thai,some can be unwilling to bargain or even sell at all ,unless you are buying in bulk

Health & Safety would have a fit ,it is a maze of stalls,complete with traders motorcycles that zoom about with large bulky items

There may be problems getting a taxi back

Sorry

Another place to check is located at Future Park in Rangsit. There's a shop that sells imported clothing suitable for larger folks. I'm XL. Can't remember the name or which level it's on. They get their stock from closeouts, going out of business, etc., I think mostly from the US - brand new clothing, not second hand store stuff. Not sure if they have 6XL, but they certainly carried a good variety of XL and larger. Might be worth a check. I've been pleased with what I've gotten from them. They have privacy stalls where you can try on the clothes to make sure they fit, instead of having to guess.

Prices are reasonable too.

Edited by AmeriThai

I guess I should add, the XL for Men shop in the Silom Complex also has a very small closet enclosure that would allow one to try on some clothing item in private....

And I too should add that I don't think anyone at the Future Park shop speaks any English, but it's no problem browsing, and it's easy enough to determine sizes and prices. If I remember correctly, there are two small dressing stalls.

There is a big outlet for extra large "export" clothing on the junction of Phetchburi and Suk Soi 71. Its on the UM Tower quadrant of the junction.

Drive past it every day but have never been in - its multi-floor and seems to span at least 3 buildings.