Chiang Mai To Pak Chong

neverburi

You can take a bus from the Arcade Bus Station in Chiang Mai to Loei, and from there get local transportation similar to the red song teaws you find in Chiang Mai. I did this some 20 years ago, and it should still be possible.

C.M. to AY, then AY to P.K., as Diablo Bob said, is the way to go by train. Just be careful at Ay., not all trains go to Pak Chong. Trains bound for Khon Kaen ,Nong Khai, do not go through P.K. or Korat. All trains on the Ubon line do go through Korat, but some may not stop at Pak Chong. Get the right trains and have an enjoyable trip.

Edited by afarang

Very good ,I don't know how to do that !!!!. Now, that is only the timetable for the long distance trains ,that is those that terminate in Nong Khai or Ubon. There are a number of "local services" that also run ,but are never listed on a timetable- can only find out about them from the station,that they originate from , or run through.Quite some fun little local trips

Very good ,I don't know how to do that !!!!. Now, that is only the timetable for the long distance trains ,that is those that terminate in Nong Khai or Ubon. There are a number of "local services" that also run ,but are never listed on a timetable- can only find out about them from the station,that they originate from , or run through.Quite some fun little local trips

Very true about this just highlighting the "Important" trains. The trip from Ayutthya to Pak Chong is quite scenic and a 3rd class train would be great, and it isn't that long of a journey.

Very true about this just highlighting the "Important" trains. The trip from Ayutthya to Pak Chong is quite scenic and a 3rd class train would be great, and it isn't that long of a journey.

A bone to pick. ALL trains are "important". Just some run longer distances. And have more classes. Yes, the run from Ayuthya to Korat is a beauty !!! even if you travel 3rd class.On the long distance trains, the engines REALLY work to pull them up the hill. Some lovely bends , some very tight ,to boot.A very enjoyable little excursion.