New Thai Legalization Office In Chiang Mai

Mapguy

A notice found in the the US Consulate Chiang Mai newsletter:

The office, providing services for which it has been necessary to do at MOFA in Bangkok is:

Legalization Division

Department of Consular Affairs

Chiang Mai Provincial Hall Building

Chotana Road, T. Chang Puek

A. Muang, Chiang Mai 50000

Tel: 053.112.748, 053.112.749, 053.112.750

Open 08:30 - 16:30, Monday - Friday, except official holidays. Work normally takes two work days. Service via post also available.

Services ( Generally at 200 baht each) include:

Certified Genuine Signature (200 baht)

Certified True Copy, Document Issued by Thai Authorities (200 baht)

Certified True Copy, Civil & Family Registration Document(200 baht)

Certified Translation of Judicial Document (200 baht per 100 words)

• 1 month later...

I was on my bicycle and tried finding this office yesterday but couldn't.

Does anyone have simple directions to get to Chiang Mai Provincial Hall Building, Chotana Road, T. Chang Puek.

Thanks

Is this the same place where you can make Thai passports etc? If so, it's on the Mae Rim road on the left side 1 km after the last traffic lights on Chang Puak rd.

That is AWESOME!!!

Yes, especially for those of us who don't have to go to Bangkok to get certification by MFA since the 2 consulates I need are right here in good ol' CM.

I wonder if all embassies and consulates accept translations that have been certified in Chiang Mai? I guess I should ask them.

I am just curious but doesn't the MFA only certifies Thai language documents that have been translated from another language? If so, why would any embassy or consulate want to see a document that is not in their language.

Edited by vagabond48

I wonder if all embassies and consulates accept translations that have been certified in Chiang Mai? I guess I should ask them.

I am just curious but doesn't the MFA only certifies Thai language documents that have been translated from another language? If so, why would any embassy or consulate want to see a document that is not in their language.

Nope, they certify translations from Thai to English just fine. So they're certifying that the English text accurately reflects the contents of the Thai language original. For example house registration documents, birth certificates and so on.

Does anyone have simple directions to get to Chiang Mai Provincial Hall Building, Chotana Road, T. Chang Puek.

Thanks

Is this the same place where you can make Thai passports etc? If so, it's on the Mae Rim road on the left side 1 km after the last traffic lights on Chang Puak rd.

Are you referring to the CM municipal offices that are about 6K to 8K from the moat, past the Lanna Driving range, about 1/2 way to Mae Rim?

The office I was looking for according to the MFA website, was on Chotana 4 Rd which is just past the Chang Phuak bus station making a left on soi 4. The website does mention that this location is a Temporary Passport Office so maybe they moved.

Edited by vagabond48

Nope, they certify translations from Thai to English just fine. So they're certifying that the English text accurately reflects the contents of the Thai language original. For example house registration documents, birth certificates and so on.

Good to know for the future. Thanks

Thanks

Are you referring to the CM municipal offices that are about 6K to 8K from the moat, past the Lanna Driving range, about 1/2 way to Mae Rim?

The office I was looking for according to the MFA website, was on Chotana 4 Rd which is just past the Chang Phuak bus station making a left on soi 4. The website does mention that this location is a Temporary Passport Office so maybe they moved.

Yes, I was referring to the Mae Rim rd. But obviously this is not the right place.