What's The City

Neeranam

Here are some better (easier) pictures that I have just found....

post-18167-1196004296_thumb.jpg

post-18167-1196004149_thumb.jpg

One of my favorite places. If I ever get sick of Thailand (or Thailand gets sick of me!), you just might find me here.

Those pics are different than the one in #4137 and WHY ? :o

LaoPo

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Papéete

Any White/Yellow sandy beaches on Tahiti/Papeete ? Don't think so. Volcano island.

LaoPo

Any White/Yellow sandy beaches on Tahiti/Papeete ? Don't think so. Volcano island.

Hawaii is volcanic and has black to white beaches.

Most Pacific islands are volcanic cones with coral formed tops.

New Zealand is volcanic, white and black beaches.

Ya wrong there matey.

I still looking........LOL

Papéete

LaoPo

Hawaii is volcanic and has black to white beaches.

Most Pacific islands are volcanic cones with coral formed tops.

New Zealand is volcanic, white and black beaches.

Ya wrong there matey.

I still looking........LOL

Thanks for the lesson. :o

LaoPo

We might have to swap a few observations on this one O.C.

It looks to me like a low rainfall place, and the soil not looking very productive, the beach drops away away to deep water quite sharply, that suggests old volcanic. The marina and surround looks vey new and big money has been spent quite quickly and some of the buidings appear slightly islamic (though not sure on this one)

The clue that the poster gives about living there as a 2nd choice to Thailand is a bit off-putting, and it kind of negates the Seychelles for me and drags me back to the Pacific. Your thoughts O.C. or anybody ?

It looks to me like a low rainfall place, and the soil not looking very productive, the beach drops away away to deep water quite sharply, that suggests old volcanic. The marina and surround looks vey new and big money has been spent quite quickly and some of the buidings appear slightly islamic (though not sure on this one)

All of this is pretty accurate, except the islamic and the volcanic. Definitely not for the former, and I'm not sure about the latter. The country does have active volcanoes, but I'm 99 and 44/100 % sure that there aren't any near to here.

Definitely big money spending quickly there though. It has always been a funky out of the way destination, but has exploded in the last 10-15 years.

Tenerife ?

Can't be since Bino speaks of a country and no volcanoes.

Personally I think somewhere in the (southern?) American hemisphere since the yachts/ships in the bay are typically US style; I recognize a 'trawler' style yacht as well as typical deep sea fishing boats.

LaoPo

OK, if it's not the Gulf of Mexico like I guessed before, is it on the West Coast of the line Mexico>>>>towards Colombia ?

LaoPo

This is the warmest of all the recent guesses, and it IS in the northern hemisphere.

Santiago/Manzanillo in the State of Colimo on the western side of Mexico.

LaoPo