What's The City

Neeranam

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thught the pix had to be images from GOOGLE.

Am I wrong?

It has to be a photo of a city -or landmark in that city- but it is not a 'must' that it has to be a picture from Google although it easier to find a nice pic to post from Google.

But you can also post your own pic or one from any other source.

If I'm wrong someone please correct me.

LaoPo

You're right LaoPo. I post pics from several sources including my own camera at times.

As I explained in an earlier post, Pete, it's only "Whats This Place" that has to be a Google Earth image.

Quoting from post #1 here are the rules for "City":

Here is a new game called 'What's the City?"

All you do is post a photo of a city or a famous landmark in the city.

If no-one can guess, then clues can be given.

Edited by Old Croc

You're right LaoPo. I post pics from several sources including my own camera at times.

As I explained in an earlier post, Pete, it's only "Whats This Place" that has to be a Google Earth image.

I would like to ask the players to agree with a 'new' rule:

Re-post your picture when a new page starts; it makes it so much easier for all of us.

Thank you for your support, I just knew you would agree :o

LaoPo

Re-post your picture when a new page starts; it makes it so much easier for all of us.

LaoPo

The trouble with that of course, is not everybody has a new page at the same time. I have something like 40 posts per page and am currently on page 117 of this thread. Is everyone the same?

LaoPo

The trouble with that of course, is not everybody has a new page at the same time. I have something like 40 posts per page and am currently on page 117 of this thread. Is everyone the same?

:D ...I'm on page 187... :D I don't quite understand the '40 posts per page' because some post are short, others -very- long.... :D long posts don't influence the page ?...

LaoPo

Croc, is the city on a lake ?

LaoPo

The city is a capital and is situated on a lake of the same name. :D

I know that our Croccy is tricky...................... :o ...so: do you consider the Caribbean islands also as 'the AMERICAS' ?

LaoPo

LaoPo

:D ...I'm on page 187... :D I don't quite understand the '40 posts per page' because some post are short, others -very- long.... :D long posts don't influence the page ?...

LaoPo

Click on "My Controls" then "Options", "Board Settings" then under "Board Display Settings" you have an option to set up to 40 posts per page.

Managua, Capital city of Nicaragua and on the shores of Lake Managua.... :o

LaoPo

Yes, Managua. That one was harder to get to than I thought.

Wiki says Nicaragua is part of North America. One of those debatable ones I suppose, like Bulgaria. :D

http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/na.htm

North America, the planet's 3rd largest continent, includes (23) countries and dozens of small island possesions and territories - mostly in the Caribbean. It contains all Caribbean and Central America countries, Canada, Mexico and the United States of America - three of the largest countries on the planet, as well as Greenland - the world's largest island.

I think we should discuss which countries belong to which continent or part of the world since we have some discrepancies sometimes.

Personally I think the above description is odd and should be divided in 4 parts:

1. North America - USA-Canada and maybe Greenland

2. Central America including Mexico

3. Caribbean islands - ALL of them, off the coasts of the US - Mexico and other Central American countries & South America.

4. South America

Let's make it simple....or is it more complicated ? :D

LaoPo

Managua, Capital city of Nicaragua and on the shores of Lake Managua.... :o

LaoPo

Yes, Managua. That one was harder to get to than I thought.

Wiki says Nicaragua is part of North America. One of those debatable ones I suppose, like Bulgaria. :D

http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/na.htm

North America, the planet's 3rd largest continent, includes (23) countries and dozens of small island possesions and territories - mostly in the Caribbean. It contains all Caribbean and Central America countries, Canada, Mexico and the United States of America - three of the largest countries on the planet, as well as Greenland - the world's largest island.

I think we should discuss which countries belong to which continent or part of the world since we have some discrepancies sometimes.

Personally I think the above description is odd and should be divided in 4 parts:

1. North America - USA-Canada and maybe Greenland

2. Central America including Mexico

3. Caribbean islands - ALL of them, off the coasts of the US - Mexico and other Central American countries & South America.

4. South America

Let's make it simple....or is it more complicated ? :D

LaoPo

Nobody asked me if it was in Central America - I would've said yes.

When I say the Americas, I am usually thinking North, Central and South. Not the Caribbean and (until now) not Greenland.

So under your definition above would countries like Aruba or Trinidad and Tobago be considered part of North America?

Edited by Old Croc

Nobody asked me if it was in Central America - I would've said yes.

When I say the Americas, I am usually thinking North, Central and South. Not the Caribbean and (until now) not Greenland.

So under your definition above would countries like Aruba or Trinidad and Tobago be considered part of North America?

I sort of knew it was Central America and than thought maybe it was one of the Caribbean islands.

Anyway, I am as much confused about 'The Americas' as anybody else.

I would call the islands like Aruba or Trinidad and Tobago as "Caribbean" and therefore I agree wit you when you say "The Americas" = North - Central and South America.

The problem is NORTH America....and in MY OWN vision, North America always consisted of 2 countries, USA + Canada.

Greenland may belong, more or less, to the NA continent but in the view of a lot of people Greenland belongs to Denmark and is a mini continent on it's own.

Very confusing indeed.

But, who am I ?

LaoPo

BTW...it's my turn I believe...

What's the City:

This is the same city as seen from Google Earth; nice he? Quite a big city with more than 1 Million people.

on the island in the middle people go to a nice beach (west side) when the weather is nice; I suppose they go there with small boats or maybe even with a ferry.

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

Rosario, Argentina.

Correct; You have been around, didn't you Croc ? :o

Happy Christmas !

LaoPo :D

Jeez- tough picture.... shouldn't it be of a city, a landmark or something???

Just kidding!

Merry Christmas to you and yours LaoPo- and everyone else who likes the What's The City game!

Bino

Edited by bino

Merry Xmas to all playing the "city" game and:

What's the city? :D

post-18822-1198571010_thumb.jpg

I know...I know....

Santa Claus' city ? :D

But, where does he live nowadays....

One legend associated with Santa says that he lives in the far north, in a land of perpetual snow. The American version of Santa Claus lives at the North Pole, while Father Christmas is said to reside in Finland.

Santa in 1881; has great resemblance with someone I know from TV.... :o

Wikipedia

LaoPo