Cimb Offers Free Atm Withdrawals

eyebee

There is a new bank on Beach Road, CIMB Thai, just outside View Talay 10. By the ATM machine there is a large sign in English saying it offers free ATM withrawals across the region. As CIMB is a Malaysian Bank, it would seem that it is not bound by the Thai Banks' cartel of charging 150 baht for using a foreign ATM cardl. However it only takes Visa cards (not Mastercard). I haven't tried it myself (as I have a Thai bank account), but felt this would be useful information for those that do use ATMs with a foreign card.

Has anyone used this bank's ATM, and is it really free as stated? There is also another ATM (attached to an exchange booth) in soi Buakhaow.

I remember why now....

Regional ATM Service

We are pleased to announce our new cross-border ATM facility linking Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand. Enjoy the convenience of our network of over 3,750 CIMB ATMs when you travel abroad to these four countries.

Now you can view your account balances and also withdraw your money from any CIMB Bank, CIMB Niaga and CIMB Thai ATM machine for FREE. Don't forget to activate your ATM card for overseas usage.

All customers holding CIMB ATM cards are eligible for this service.