Omg! Fueling A Diesel Car With Gasoline..

I have Toyota Fortuner 3.0 diesel car, new one.

I rented it out to my Thai staff today and she mis-fueling with gasoline and did drive around.

Of course, the car stopped in the middle of somewhere. I already have talked with insurance company and can't be covered by the insurance.

Should I change the whole engine in this case? A guy from the insurance company said the engine seems okay but I am not sure about this.

After searching the Internet, I noticed that if the car moved around after the accident, the engine will be burnt.

Anyway the car is in Toyota service center now...

I have paid for this car (financing) only 10 months so far and don't know what to do now!

Some diesel engines can handle up to 40% gasoline/petrol in diesel. So to answer your question, how much diesel in tank and how much petrol? And how many km driven with this blend?

Not sure how commonrail is affected by Ethanol in gasohol, but that would be next issue

Fix

Drain tank, fill up with diesel, ad sulphur or 2 stroke oil 2%, start up and see how it works

and to prevent it, get a diesel sticker at your filler cap :)

Some diesel engines can handle up to 40% gasoline/petrol in diesel. So to answer your question, how much diesel in tank and how much petrol? And how many km driven with this blend?

Not sure how commonrail is affected by Ethanol in gasohol, but that would be next issue

Fix

Drain tank, fill up with diesel, ad sulphur or 2 stroke oil 2%, start up and see how it works

Yep agree,

You could be lucky if you follow the instructions. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIF, it's in a garage and you tell them what to do, then stand there and watch that it is done, save you a lot of grief and cash. :)

PS. The hood scoop SHOULD tell any fuel station pea brain that it is diesel. :rolleyes:

years ago whilst in the Army one of the guys put Diesel in a petrol Land rover, had to drive around the camp all night long to get the fuel out, the engine did not need replacing, but a lot of cleaning for the REME guys, which cost him a few crates of Herforder.

I'm surprised the filling station would have done that. Sorry, can't help you otherwise.

Eh..

If there's 95 and 91 together and you screwm gaow nung 10times and forget to point on top of that, they'll often put 95.

and then when theres benzyine and gasohol.. same thing, have to point and scream gashohol.

Im personally sick and tired of getting that dam_n 95 in my tank.. i will really be scared once i get a diesel pickup.

I'm surprised the filling station would have done that. Sorry, can't help you otherwise.

Eh..

If there's 95 and 91 together and you screwm gaow nung 10times and forget to point on top of that, they'll often put 95.

and then when theres benzyine and gasohol.. same thing, have to point and scream gashohol.

Im personally sick and tired of getting that dam_n 95 in my tank.. i will really be scared once i get a diesel pickup.

Nooooooooooo don't be. When fill up, get out your ride and point too and stand by the pump, no problem. :D

I did this a while ago in the UK. I put 10 liters of Unleaded (Equivalent to 95 here) in a 50 liter Diesel tank of a VW Golf.

The AA told me anything more than 8 liters in the 50 liter tank is a problem and don't drive it. As I was only 2 liters over I figured the AA's advice would come with some level of safety margin.

I topped the rest up with Diesel and drove on without even a sniff of trouble.

The good advice has already been provided - Empty the tank and top up with Diesel (I didn't know about the 2% 2 stroke oil)...

Thanks god!

I just got my car back.

Luckily, my staff did drive less than 10 km and was in town so drove slowly.

The Toyota center drained the whole oil and changed some parts (filter, rubber ring etc.) The engine seems fine after all and the TOYOTA's engine guarantee will be the same.

It cost only 3,500 B includes some diesel to back home.

I will definitely get the 'DIESEL' sticker on my oil cap!!

Please be aware when you filling oil. The most of Thai gas stations don't care what you drive.

Thank you all for replying!

Thanks god!

I just got my car back.

Luckily, my staff did drive less than 10 km and was in town so drove slowly.

The Toyota center drained the whole oil and changed some parts (filter, rubber ring etc.) The engine seems fine after all and the TOYOTA's engine guarantee will be the same.

It cost only 3,500 B includes some diesel to back home.

I will definitely get the 'DIESEL' sticker on my oil cap!!

Please be aware when you filling oil. The most of Thai gas stations don't care what you drive.

Thank you all for replying!

and Toyota staff can enjoy a blend of diesel and petrol in their motocy for a while :lol:

happy ending :)

I doubt if the diesel will have reached the engine the fuel supply will have cut off before that - check with a reputable dealer/garage and you should be up and running in no time.

Edited by Deeral

I doubt if the diesel will have reached the engine the fuel supply will have cut off before that - check with a reputable dealer/garage and you should be up and running in no time.

I recall hireling a Car in Europe and i couldn't get the the Filler Gun in the Tank.After much cussing a fellow Motorist told me i was trying to put Petrol in a Diesel.V.W..When i moved to another pump it had enough pressure to fill a V.I. P. Bus in ten seconds,spraying me at the same time.Why not here i wonder.Good price from Totota i must say.

Fix

I've often wondered about getting a 'diesel sticker' just in case I'm not watching and someone attempts to put gasoline in instead of diesel, but where do you buy such an animal - I've never seen them for sale?

Fix

I've often wondered about getting a 'diesel sticker' just in case I'm not watching and someone attempts to put gasoline in instead of diesel, but where do you buy such an animal - I've never seen them for sale?

Get one of those paint sticks or a wee brush and write, in white, DIESEL on the inside of the fuel filler flap/door. :)

Fix

Get one of those paint sticks or a wee brush and write, in white, DIESEL on the inside of the fuel filler flap/door. :)

while I worked for a car maker, I was driving a Chevy Van with 6,5 V8 diesel. Nicked a diesel sticker from my employer :whistling: