Swiss Customer Attempts To Strangle Waitress

britmaveric

Swiss customer attempts to strangle waitress

n12-637.jpg

No kiss, food or drink for this man

A Swiss man attempted to strangle a Kiss Food & Drink waitress for no apparent reason, then paid her 5,000 baht to prevent any legal action against him.

Elmar Hermann Kehl (left) allegedly lost his cool and ended up paying a total of 6,000 baht because of it.

Police were called to the restaurant in Soi Diana Inn on Pattaya Second Road on October 1 where they found Miss Patcharee Pareeliam, a 23-year-old Chiang Rai native, in a state of distress. She said that an intoxicated Swiss man had attacked her. The man, identified as Elmar Hermann Kehl, age 44, was still at the scene.

Patcharee told police she was serving customers in the restaurant when the man came in. She had stepped aside to let him pass but for no reason whatsoever he grabbed her neck and started to choke her. One of her colleagues came to her aid and freed her from the man’s grip. Kehl was subsequently invited to the police station.

After being questioned Kehl asked Patcharee to forgive him for his behavior and agreed to pay damages of 5,000 baht to her if she would drop the case against him. Before freeing him police fined Kehl a further 1,000 baht and warned him that any repetition of this behavior would result in legal action and the possibility of his being deported.

-Pattaya Mail

Boonlua Chatree

15 Oct 2005

thats the problem with the immigration in this country, they can't control it if a moron enters the kingdom :o He got off lightly IMO, luckily she didn't have any brothers/b'f around to witness or else his hospital bill would have been a lot highter than 6k baht.

I eat there regularly and quite often I feel like strangling some of them too.

I realise that Pattaya is a lay back location and I also realise that Thais rarely break out of a shuffle, but the service in KISS is sooooooo slooooooow, especially when you are trying to catch their eye to either get the menu or to pay the bill.

Perhaps this particular waitress thought that her service was something special and he was just ensuring that she choked on her pride. :o

Police were called to the restaurant in Soi Diana Inn on Pattaya Second Road on October 1 where they found Miss Patcharee Pareeliam, a 23-year-old Chiang Rai native, in a state of distress. She said that an intoxicated Swiss man had attacked her. The man, identified as Elmar Hermann Kehl, age 44, was still at the scene.

:o:D:D

Good point Tiger, actually i am not saying that the thais are always 100% sane and well intentioned...but anyway, killing eachother is not a solution, and we, as farangs, we should be aware that sometimes many of us are competing against thais in acting like idiots, i've seen all kind of farangs making many crazy and bad things

44? Lawks a mercy! Too many long nights on the Sang Som I think.

Don't know about the waiting staff but have wanted to kill the cook at Kiss. Two visits, two cases of amoebic dysentery. Never again.

Loads of mad bastards in this town. Likely he just kicked off. 5,000 baht is a good pay day for the waitress though.