Learning Guitar

Pearlgirl

I know a lot of the musicians around town and I can put you in touch with someone - really nice guy, played professionally for many years, speaks English reasonably well and I'm sure he doesn't charge much. PM me.

I would very much like contact details of someon to teach my daughter to play. Can you please e mail me [email protected]

450 Free Guitar Lessons

There's nothing quite like free video tutorials and downloadable tabs. With videos you can pause and replay until the cows come home and it won't cost you any-more to learn.

Mate, I've added a link below to what is perhaps the best free online guitar lessons ever. I believe the young fella is a Kiwi and he comes across as a smashing bloke too, meaning you're likely to enjoy watching and practising with his materials. There's also a forum for budding guitarists and he sends out a newsletter once a month. He does incorporate a donation system on the site, but this is totally voluntary.

Personally, I cannot rate Justin Sandercoe highly enough. Enjoy

Aitch

450 Free Guitar Lessons

There's nothing quite like free video tutorials and downloadable tabs. With videos you can pause and replay until the cows come home and it won't cost you any-more to learn.

Mate, I've added a link below to what is perhaps the best free online guitar lessons ever. I believe the young fella is a Kiwi and he comes across as a smashing bloke too, meaning you're likely to enjoy watching and practising with his materials. There's also a forum for budding guitarists and he sends out a newsletter once a month. He does incorporate a donation system on the site, but this is totally voluntary.

Aitch

Oops - sorry, hit the wrong button

Edited by Pearlgirl

450 Free Guitar Lessons

Aitch

Hey, that's great. Thanks and I do have a laptop that can be used outsde, which will drive the neighbours crazy having to listen to someone learning to play the guitar. LOL

I agree Justin is good, he's got a very nice system going all the way up to upper intermediate level, and if you follow it you will progress quite quickly.

Still, I would recommend taking lessons from a real teacher too. There is something to be said for having a real person observe and evaluate your technique, to make you aware of the things in your playing style that could turn into an obstacle at a later stage. Online lessons can't do that for you.