Taxed On Salary In Thailand?

Hi All,

Sorry if this topic is somewhere on this forum, i did check but couldn't see anything.

I was wondering if anybody knows if i will be taxed (and how much) if i have my salary paid into my wifes BKK Bank account?

It will be coming from St Kitts (in the Carribean) if it makes any difference.

I just contacted my bank in Jersey UK and was informed it would be taxed up to 35% should i pay it into LLoyds TSB.

Thank you guys in advance.

James.

St Kitts, Jersey, Lloyds TSB (UK)............where are you working?, have you paid tax on your salary, what are you trying to do???....money transfered into a Thai bank account isnt taxed....thousands of guys send money each month to their Tiraks account without her paying tax...just what are you trying to do/avoid?

I have my salary paid into my offshore UK bank account every month and don't get tax taken off, what reason are they giving for taking it off you?

Even if you pay it to an onshore account it's not up to the bank to deduct the tax it's up to you to declare it, after all it could be net after tax for all the bank know.

Edit: are you non resident UK? or still resident?

There's something about tax liability on income remitted into Thailand in the year in which it is earned but I don't know what percentages or whether paying the money into another persons account would be considered evasion.

Edited by PattayaParent

I have my salary paid into my offshore UK bank account every month and don't get tax taken off, what reason are they giving for taking it off you?

Even if you pay it to an onshore account it's not up to the bank to deduct the tax it's up to you to declare it, after all it could be net after tax for all the bank know.

There's something about tax liability on income remitted into Thailand in the year in which it is earned but I don't know what percentages or whether paying the money into another persons account would be considered evasion.

This applies if you are a tax resident of Thailand.

Which country will you actually be working and/or tax resident in?

Edit: if Lloyds want to take 35% tax off you just change banks.

Edited by PattayaParent

Thanks to all for replies, I just received confirmation that i will not be paying taxes on money credited to my Jersey bank. Lloyds Offshore Jersey, were only looking at my postal address in the UK where statements are sent. I am Non resident UK.

BR.

James.d

St Kitts, Jersey, Lloyds TSB (UK)............where are you working?, have you paid tax on your salary, what are you trying to do???....money transfered into a Thai bank account isnt taxed....thousands of guys send money each month to their Tiraks account without her paying tax...just what are you trying to do/avoid?

I'm working in Haiti, the agency uses a ST Kitts broker, and what am I trying to do or avoid?, trying to pay as little tax as possible, within the law. However now i got clarification from Lloyds TSB i will not be paying taxes, i will send it there.

Regards,

james.d