Dog Turds Everywhere!

Richb2004v2

Being a runner I get to experience the state of the roads and pavements of Thailand quite a lot. As well as the hanging cables, holes, uneven ground and general mess that is Thailand I have to be constantly alert to dodge dog sh*t. It is everywhere. The sides of every road are covered in the stuff. The estate I stay on is now also peppered with it. When I walk the kids to the pool each day it is like a chicane of crap. I think I never noticed it that much before because my previous estate had few dogs on it. It has to be a health hazard having so much crap everywhere. I know who owns a couple of the guilty dogs, but this being Thailand it is not the done thing to complain, even when a dog curly one out outside your house. The government should really do something, but I guess until they can make money from dog dump they probably won't.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your a funny guy.. they cant even sort their trash problem here because nobody pays for it. So asking the government to solve the poo problem wont work. Here i have a few dogs and so do others but we pay the village money and all gets cleaned up. I have never seen much poo. Its never there longer then a day.

have the same problem.

In my soi, there are several dogs. Their owners don't care they shi***t everywhere they want. Walk in my soi you need to be very careful though. Dogs' dung !!!!!!! very disgusting!!!

No way we can solve this problem.

have the same problem.

In my soi, there are several dogs. Their owners don't care they shi***t everywhere they want. Walk in my soi you need to be very careful though. Dogs' dung !!!!!!! very disgusting!!!

Scad is neutering Bangkok street dogs.

You can donate time or money for a better environment here http://www.scadbangkok.org/

Edited by aneliane

I think it is one dog from two doors down that is supplying the turds in our Soi. On an evening the Thais sit outside in a group, with dog eggs all about. The owner of the dog is one of them. I don't know how she has the face to sit there, especially with many children playing in the soi. Nothing gets said of course.

As Robb said, they can't sort their garbage so no chance really.

Running here is not a pleasant experience. Every road is covered in dog shat and various forms of garbage. I find myself having to hold my breath a lot, which makes my poor running form even more difficult :D . Often a whole new pile of garbage will appear over night and slowly get dispersed along the road. It's an utter disgrace.

To the OP

its smell really stink. when it is windy, the smaller particle is carried in the air. Drinking or Having foods in the area is really good taste.

have the same problem.

You can donate time or money for a better environment here http://www.scadbangkok.org/

Haha............... thnks for the info.

in fact i think of Vietnamese people......

Edited by dunkin2012

Quote: 'I know who owns a couple of the guilty dogs' Unquote

So, no, let me get this straight, ha ha, the DOGS are 'guilty', as opposed to the owner who hasn't toilet trained them. Scooped up their crap? - Contrary to general opinion here on this forum, did witness an elderly Thai man doing just that.

What about elephants? Birds?

You describe yourself as a 'runner'? You're in the tiniest minority here. Go 'ome.

Edited by evanson

I think it is one dog from two doors down that is supplying the turds in our Soi

You think ONE dog is guilty and are complaining? That dog must eat 40+ meals a day to create the quantity you are complaining about. I am actually happy for you that you have made the decision to leave Thailand, because if dog poo is worth getting all worked up over, then traffic must be waaaay over the top for you!

(note -- the above is actually meant sincerely ... some people just aren't cut out for living in Thailand, and life is way way way too short to be some place that makes you unhappy!

Quote: 'I know who owns a couple of the guilty dogs' Unquote

So, no, let me get this straight, ha ha, the DOGS are 'guilty', as opposed to the owner who hasn't toilet trained them. Scooped up their crap? - Contrary to general opinion here on this forum, did witness an elderly Thai man doing just that.

What about elephants? Birds?

You describe yourself as a 'runner'? You're in the tiniest minority here. Go 'ome.

<deleted>!!

I realize it's not the dogs fault, jackass. You're saying I should go home because I don't like dog sh*t everywhere, or because I'm a runner? You need to up your medication I'd say. I've never had a problem with elephant dung, but have occasionally been hit by bird crap, but not to the extent that it slowed my running any.

Your not upcountry then Rich,the Dog Catcher comes around up here.If there's no Collar with a Green Vaccine Tag,they end up in a Lao Curry.., if its a Brighter they give the Owner a few Bht for it. Thought it cruel at first being a Doggy Person, but the Catchers Prowling make owners careful.They will Lift a Tagged Dog given a chance.,Now i can ride my Bike and Jog in a POOPLESS ZONE.:whistling:

One nice thing about Pattaya is that in spite of the large number of 'soi' dogs there is surprisingly little dog crap on the pavements.

I, for one, am grateful as I can concentrate more on not falling into the potholes.

I think it is one dog from two doors down that is supplying the turds in our Soi

You think ONE dog is guilty and are complaining? That dog must eat 40+ meals a day to create the quantity you are complaining about. I am actually happy for you that you have made the decision to leave Thailand, because if dog poo is worth getting all worked up over, then traffic must be waaaay over the top for you!

(note -- the above is actually meant sincerely ... some people just aren't cut out for living in Thailand, and life is way way way too short to be some place that makes you unhappy!

I think the dog may be crapping in the area directly outside my house, but probably not responsible for the crap on the other roads within a 10km radius that I run. I think he may be getting outside help with that. Although he could be the mastermind behind it.

Traffic is indeed way over the top for me. It drives me mad and I look forward to the day, very soon, when I no longer have to deal with it. I should have left a while ago, but better late than never. Only six weeks to go. :D

I think the dog may be crapping in the area directly outside my house, but probably not responsible for the crap on the other roads within a 10km radius that I run. I think he may be getting outside help with that. Although he could be the mastermind behind it.

Traffic is indeed way over the top for me. It drives me mad and I look forward to the day, very soon, when I no longer have to deal with it. I should have left a while ago, but better late than never. Only six weeks to go. :D

I thought your planned move was over a year ago. I know that sometimes outside factors can slow things down, but there is no way I would live somewhere I hated (found intolerable) for so long.

I thought your planned move was over a year ago. I know that sometimes outside factors can slow things down, but there is no way I would live somewhere I hated (found intolerable) for so long.

I was over a year ago I think. We had to sell our house, which is no easy process in Thailand. Sold it in the end of course, for a knock down price. We are only here now because we had to give notice to the tenant of our house in the Uk, otherwise we would be gone. Time is going very slowly here waiting to leave.

Maybe Richie's got more self-discipline and stamina. He'll be sorely missed. Who else is going to provoke the 'door-knob and arse' comments? That always struck me as a particularly unpleasant turn of phrase, by the way.

Have a safe journey home,

SC

You describe yourself as a 'runner'? You're in the tiniest minority here.

is that in reference to the average age of forum members?

Surely shuffling their zimmer frames in an angry manner counts for something?

Learn something new everyday....diidnt realise that neutering a dog stopped them sh*tting as well.....:whistling:

You can't stop an animal from defecating, the same way no one couldn't stop you doing it, if you were thrown on the street.

Educating people to stop abandoning dogs to the streets will take years.

Controlling dogs' population is the only short-term solution.

Edited by aneliane

You describe yourself as a 'runner'? You're in the tiniest minority here.

is that in reference to the average age of forum members?

Surely shuffling their zimmer frames in an angry manner counts for something?

I think a lot of guys here are footballers - I can imagine them dribbling down the middle of the park

SC

I was over a year ago I think. We had to sell our house, which is no easy process in Thailand. Sold it in the end of course, for a knock down price. We are only here now because we had to give notice to the tenant of our house in the Uk, otherwise we would be gone. Time is going very slowly here waiting to leave.

So in the meantime you are passing the time constructively by talking about dog turds on Thaivisa..good job :D

But what will you do when you get home? there will be nothing to complain about!!

When you do eventually go, please do call by occasionally and start threads complaining about how shlT life is back at home, though i suspect such threads will be nowhere near as meaningful and funny as your previous gems..like when you got pulled over by the BiB for driving without a shirt...truelly gold :lol:

Like I said, I am very bored here waiting to leave.

I'm glad you liked my previous contribution. I considered starting the topic of 'Not my Thailand: why it is vastly overrated, and I will be leaving soon'. I could have included pictures of dog turds, broken pavements, minging bar girls and elderly ferang, road accidents, dogs stuck together by their <deleted> :D , litter, dirty sois etc etc. You'd have probably liked that one, and it might have been a fitting last topic for me.

I will probably check in once I've left, and would like to think that I will be honest in my appraisal of life away from Thailand. We shall see.

Dog shit ? Here in Chiang mai i almost never saw it. There is an army of cleaner every morning that clean everything, it rare to even see a cigarette butch. But when i was in Bangkok every street smelled like raw sewage with pile of old garbage on every corner. I guess it depend where u live.

Dog shit ? Here in Chiang mai i almost never saw it. There is an army of cleaner every morning that clean everything, it rare to even see a cigarette butch. But when i was in Bangkok every street smelled like raw sewage with pile of old garbage on every corner. I guess it depend where u live.

Well that's good. Another post said that they have a dog catcher in their area. It's a shame they couldn't do that nation wide. I've never seen sidewalk cleaners but I guess they must exist. When they clean the sidewalks they probably get the turds too in some areas.

Aneliane is correct. Soi dogs are a problem and the only fix is groups like SCAD. The only saving grace about dog poop in Thailand is it dries out pretty quickly. All dogs in Thailand should be neutered unless a person has a permit for breeding them. Unfortunately, that will never happen and we just have to accept dog poop everywhere. At one time I used to see dogs roaming everywhere in Canada, but today I hardly see a dog unless it's on a leash. Our local community built a doggy park where people come to let their dogs have a run. and everyone cleans up after their dog. In countries where the greater population have barely enough to feed themselves there isn't any money left over to look after dogs.

Soi_dogs_1.jpg

Well that's good. Another post said that they have a dog catcher in their area. It's a shame they couldn't do that nation wide. I've never seen sidewalk cleaners but I guess they must exist. When they clean the sidewalks they probably get the turds too in some areas.

Sure they have street cleaners, Rich.

Street_cleaner_001.jpg