Dog Turds Everywhere!

Richb2004v2

with your avatar there's only one place for you to be moaning and complaining.. yup the UK

:)

Good luck - but dont forget about the F^&*, I mean darned traffic wardensmad.gif

I've never had a ticket from a traffic warden in the Uk, or a speeding ticket. In Thailand I've only been stopped twice and only one of those times did I have to pay a 200 baht fine. Not bad for both countries.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with your avatar there's only one place for you to be moaning and complaining.. yup the UK

Good luck - but dont forget about the F^&*, I mean darned traffic wardensmad.gif

I don't beee-lieve it! I double posted. dam_n this computer that was made in Thailand :D

Edited by Richb2004v2

I don't beee-lieve it! I double posted. dam_n this computer that was made in Thailand :D

Blame Thai internet. It seems to go into sleep mode from over-load. It can't handle all the traffic. That is why I copy everything I write that is more than a sentence long. I never know if it is going to go through or not. It's a pain, but it beats being frustrated by losing stuff.

Like I said, I am very bored here waiting to leave.

I'm glad you liked my previous contribution. I considered starting the topic of 'Not my Thailand: why it is vastly overrated, and I will be leaving soon'. I could have included pictures of dog turds, broken pavements, minging bar girls and elderly ferang, road accidents, dogs stuck together by their <deleted> :D , litter, dirty sois etc etc. You'd have probably liked that one, and it might have been a fitting last topic for me.

I will probably check in once I've left, and would like to think that I will be honest in my appraisal of life away from Thailand. We shall see.

Rich since you are bored grab the broom and do a sweep about and help your moo ban a bit by getting rid of the dog shit. The exercise will be good and the kids will appreciate it. If I lived there I would appreciate it.

Good Luck on your move and your first winter back in jolley old England.

I'm glad you liked my previous contribution. I considered starting the topic of 'Not my Thailand: why it is vastly overrated, and I will be leaving soon'. I could have included pictures of dog turds, broken pavements, minging bar girls and elderly ferang, road accidents, dogs stuck together by their <deleted> :D , litter, dirty sois etc etc. You'd have probably liked that one, and it might have been a fitting last topic for me.

I will probably check in once I've left, and would like to think that I will be honest in my appraisal of life away from Thailand. We shall see.

Rich since you are bored grab the broom and do a sweep about and help your moo ban a bit by getting rid of the dog shit. The exercise will be good and the kids will appreciate it. If I lived there I would appreciate it.

Good Luck on your move and your first winter back in jolley old England.

It's a nice sentiment, but I've gone down the road of trying to clean areas of Thailand several years ago. People said I was wasting my time and they were right. Never again.

I'm not even sure what a Moo Ban is. Is it a Thai village, with a head man and village drunk etc?

I m oved over almost seven years ago , could not put up with all that is discomforting about the Thai and their country , the place I am in was not a whole lot better at frst but has been steadily improving as time has gone by . I have helped many move on with both advise and finding apartments etc , not even able to guess the numbers that have left in that time for a multitude of reasons , are we all then complainers or those that figure there is more than putting up wih what ails Thailand and its people , not to mention the government and the various waring factors raising hell all to often . Takes all kinds to make this world I guess , not much place else to go when you have burned your bridges or had them burned for you .

I m oved over almost seven years ago , could not put up with all that is discomforting about the Thai and their country , the place I am in was not a whole lot better at frst but has been steadily improving as time has gone by . I have helped many move on with both advise and finding apartments etc , not even able to guess the numbers that have left in that time for a multitude of reasons , are we all then complainers or those that figure there is more than putting up wih what ails Thailand and its people , not to mention the government and the various waring factors raising hell all to often . Takes all kinds to make this world I guess , not much place else to go when you have burned your bridges or had them burned for you .

Thats very true not every place is for everyone. Its nice if you can fine the place that works for you.

I think your on to something productive here Rich,and it could create tens of Thousands of Jobs in Thailand, to clean up the Dog S**t.

Now what could we name the newly appointed Cleaners? my own choice would be............

Soi Hygene Incendiary Technicians

Im sure the Brains on TV can come up with something more zestful and zealous.

Edited by MAJIC

I've never had a ticket from a traffic warden in the Uk, or a speeding ticket. In Thailand I've only been stopped twice and only one of those times did I have to pay a 200 baht fine. Not bad for both countries.

Ages since I've had a ticket from a parking warden in the UK as well, or at least one you can see.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc156/nitsathai/Camera-car-2.png

The wife's 2 minute stop at the ATM last week cost us another £65 or £130 if we hadn't paid it in 14 days. You'll find it a lot easier to avoid dog turds in Bangkok than avoid the turds who operate these cameras, same stink but better at concealment.

Edited by roamer

I think it is one dog from two doors down that is supplying the turds in our Soi. On an evening the Thais sit outside in a group, with dog eggs all about. The owner of the dog is one of them. I don't know how she has the face to sit there, especially with many children playing in the soi. Nothing gets said of course.

As Robb said, they can't sort their garbage so no chance really.

Running here is not a pleasant experience. Every road is covered in dog shat and various forms of garbage. I find myself having to hold my breath a lot, which makes my poor running form even more difficult :D . Often a whole new pile of garbage will appear over night and slowly get dispersed along the road. It's an utter disgrace.

same old story tut tut, y our in thailand, the likes of you probably got thailand introducing these no smoking in bar laws etc etc, if you dont like it then p***s off back to england , problem solved

Quote: 'I know who owns a couple of the guilty dogs' Unquote

So, no, let me get this straight, ha ha, the DOGS are 'guilty', as opposed to the owner who hasn't toilet trained them. Scooped up their crap? - Contrary to general opinion here on this forum, did witness an elderly Thai man doing just that.

What about elephants? Birds?

You describe yourself as a 'runner'? You're in the tiniest minority here. Go 'ome.

<deleted>!!

I realize it's not the dogs fault, jackass. You're saying I should go home because I don't like dog sh*t everywhere, or because I'm a runner? You need to up your medication I'd say. I've never had a problem with elephant dung, but have occasionally been hit by bird crap, but not to the extent that it slowed my running any.

WTHell!!!

there is no dog's yellow pud........

all are yours..... Please enjoy or move your as****s over to your Je*******rking home country then. dude....

1306672810-12.jpg

I think you got the wrong turn, your destination was actually Switzerland (judging by your standards)... It's just down the road from UK, don't bother to stop on the way in France they have too many old people and poodles.

You might find that your standards do have a price and your money won't last long there ...

Dog shit ? Here in Chiang mai i almost never saw it. There is an army of cleaner every morning that clean everything, it rare to even see a cigarette butch. But when i was in Bangkok every street smelled like raw sewage with pile of old garbage on every corner. I guess it depend where u live.

I pretty much never see it in Bangkok either. Pretty much never see any of the problems he constantly moans about in Pattaya.

Always been curious how there can be so many stray dogs in Bangkok, but you almost never see any dog poop anywhere. I know dogs love to eat poop, maybe they scarf it up. But that just makes more, so where does it end up

a faster 'cure' than neutering is the dog collection/recycling service in many rural areas; we have a property in south Sa Kaeo province and every 10-14 days a collection pickup does the rounds; we were told they go way up north (Sakhon Nakon?) as part of the local diet.

It seems to be tradition that if a dog has pups, and 'owner' doesn't want them, then just dump them a few km along the road, or near the local temple.

Dog shit ? Here in Chiang mai i almost never saw it. There is an army of cleaner every morning that clean everything, it rare to even see a cigarette butch. But when i was in Bangkok every street smelled like raw sewage with pile of old garbage on every corner. I guess it depend where u live.

I pretty much never see it in Bangkok either. Pretty much never see any of the problems he constantly moans about in Pattaya.

Always been curious how there can be so many stray dogs in Bangkok, but you almost never see any dog poop anywhere. I know dogs love to eat poop, maybe they scarf it up. But that just makes more, so where does it end up

That's strange, because I've spend plenty of time in Bangkok and it's surroundings and experienced all the same issues that p*ss me off so much. I have a friend living in Bangkok with all the same problems but to a greater degree. Do you come out of your condo much? Every part of Thailand I've visited is much the same on varying levels. I've only lived in Pattaya a month or so by the way. My other gripes were about elsewhere. Much as everyone likes to think Pattaya is the only part of Thailand that's a bit of a mess, it's not true. Pattaya is full mainly of Thais not ferrang, and it is they who make the mess.

I have 2 small dogs (Toy Poodle and a Shitzu) neither are allowed out my front gate off a leash nor unsupervised, a neighbor 3 doors down has a couple of Labrador cross small horse type dogs and they freely roam the Moo-Ban, every morning I had to deal with huge piles of dog shit from these animals at my gate, fookin disgusting but as they were still steaming I knew they were fresh so I started waking 30 minutes earlier every morning so I could sit on my veranda having a quiet coffee with a loaded air pistol, only took a week and now the bastards shit elsewhere.

Edited by Spoonman

The only saving grace about dog poop in Thailand is it dries out pretty quickly.

Then it turns into dust and gets blown everywhere, and we breathe it in. Parts of Thailand are very dusty, and I live in a dusty area of Bangkok. Unfortunately it has a lot of stray dogs.I have a throat infection right now, and it has the symptoms of a bacterial infection rather than a viral one.

It COULD be just "strep throat"....

Edited by Latindancer

There's a guy at my estate. Old guy, walks up and down the alley every morning sweeping up the place including dog poo and he don't even own a dog. He diligently does it everyday, just smile when he sees a neighbour and goes back to sweeping the road. That was 5 years ago, now everyone starts keeping the road infront of their house clean and this guy still walks up and down the road every morning like a health inspector but occasionally sweeps up the odd rubbish or 2 and no more dog poo.

The only saving grace about dog poop in Thailand is it dries out pretty quickly.

Then it turns into dust and gets blown everywhere, and we breathe it in. Parts of Thailand are very dusty, and I live in a dusty area of Bangkok. Unfortunately it has a lot of stray dogs.I have a throat infection right now, and it has the symptoms of a bacterial infection rather than a viral one.

Obviously, it has nothing to do with farang bodily intolerance of so many other things - it must be the dried dog poop that they have managed to ingest :rolleyes:.

I had a real problem with dog owners in the West that allowed their dogs to shit all over the place, without the owners cleaning it up.

Here? I rarely see dog shit (but then I'm lucky and live in a relatively remote area) and know that all the dog shit disappears v quickly - its so hot.

If I lived in a populated area where dog shit was around - I wouldn't complain, I'd just clear it up....

The locals come to the beach where I live every weekend. Do I complain about the mess they leave? No - I just clean it up.

Obviously, it has nothing to do with farang bodily intolerance of so many other things - it must be the dried dog poop that they have managed to ingest :rolleyes:.

I had a real problem with dog owners in the West that allowed their dogs to shit all over the place, without the owners cleaning it up.

Here? I rarely see dog shit (but then I'm lucky and live in a relatively remote area) and know that all the dog shit disappears v quickly - its so hot.

If I lived in a populated area where dog shit was around - I wouldn't complain, I'd just clear it up....

The locals come to the beach where I live every weekend. Do I complain about the mess they leave? No - I just clean it up.

Good attitude !

I used to live in St Leonards on Sea in East Sussex, England, I lived on Marina the seafront road, when I went for a run along the prom it was like a slalem avoiding the dogs shit, it was unbelievable.

I have lived in Thailand for 20 years and have never seen any amount of dogs shit on the beach road in Pattaya that could compare to the dog shit between St Leonards and Hastings.

geez rich, you seem pretty anti dog. two topics on the front page !?

I wasn't until I came here. Actually the other thread is from quite a while ago that got resurrected.

Yeah but you moan so much, its hard to keep track of any particular moan, its such a constant stream of misery and suffering.

The fact that you are still here is puzzling, I thought you wanted outta here last year, you hated it then, your suffering can have only been increased this year.

I wish you Gods speed with your return to the UK, I'm sure you'll love it in Englands Green and pleasant Land. smile.gif

Edited by GM1955

I used to live in St Leonards on Sea in East Sussex, England, I lived on Marina the seafront road, when I went for a run along the prom it was like a slalem avoiding the dogs shit, it was unbelievable.

I have lived in Thailand for 20 years and have never seen any amount of dogs shit on the beach road in Pattaya that could compare to the dog shit between St Leonards and Hastings.

Thats History mate,see my other Post on UK Regs now!

Also Its expensive now to let your Dog Foul our streets in England,and there is even a Hot Line to Report these lazy characters who won't clear up after their Dogs.

A post containing inflammatory derogatory comments directed at Thais has been removed as well as the replies to that post.

8) Not to post extremely negative views of Thailand or derogatory comments directed towards all Thais.

Oh yeah, St Leonards is terrible. If it's not the dog crap it's the electrical cables hanging at head height, and the terrible pavements. And I remember the stench from the drains too. God it was awful there! Plus the bloody home made motor bikes and side car driving the wrong way without lights on nearly hitting me. Then there was the holes in the road and pavement, and ridiculous obstructions like steel wire stretched across paths. I don't know how I ever managed! Oh, hold on, I'm getting mixed up. That was all in Thailand not St Leonards.

When exactly are you talking about? 1982? I've not noticed dog crap since then in the Uk. I remember there being the odd stray dog back then too, but never on anything approaching the scale of Thailand. Now I never ever see stray dogs in the Uk when there. As the other post said there are heavy deterrents in the uk now that actually work.

Try taking a walk on the roads just outside Pattaya and come back to me. I've spent little time on beach road so can't comment, but would hope that since it is the center of Pattaya's tourist district they would at least clear the dog turds, if nothing else.