Meego 1.2 Harmattan

justsumhelp

Nokia recently announced the upcoming N9 (Engadget) featuring Meego with the Linux kernel 2.6.37 and Alien Dalvik which means it will run any Android applications. Having played with the n900 and maemo and being very impressed by having a full fledged linux computer in my pocket, the n9 is certainly something im excited about. Anyone else thinking about hopping on the meego train?

Yes, I had a look at the announcements yesterday and thought too that it looks very appealing and promising were it not for the fact Nokia just joined forces with MS, hopping onto the Win7 bandwagon. Still may get one when they come out. Just hope somebody with more foresight sees the potential of Meego and carries the torch...here's hoping.

very intrigued. we had a lot of discussion about the downfall of nokia a few months ago at the linux meeting, and pretty much all agreed they would bury themselves with the move to m$soft. given that i hate iPhones (because everyone loves them) and i don't trust google to run my os, plus the fact that i am very satisfied with my current nokia hardware (e71) despite the fact that there are no unix networking tools for symbian, i might just have to start saving up my satang. sadly though it isn't listed on the thai nokia website, it looks like it may only be available in europe, at least at first. please post if you hear any more!

k

This looks like it could be alot of fun http://labs.qt.nokia...-to-the-qt-sdk/

very intrigued. we had a lot of discussion about the downfall of nokia a few months ago at the linux meeting, and pretty much all agreed they would bury themselves with the move to m$soft. given that i hate iPhones (because everyone loves them) and i don't trust google to run my os, plus the fact that i am very satisfied with my current nokia hardware (e71) despite the fact that there are no unix networking tools for symbian, i might just have to start saving up my satang. sadly though it isn't listed on the thai nokia website, it looks like it may only be available in europe, at least at first. please post if you hear any more!

k