Septic Tanks ?

Simbo

Ok, I know this is a shitty subject, but maybe someone knows what a fair price would be to empty one.

I live over Sukumvit rd. I have been here 4 years, and have had mine emptied a few times. The first time, I was ripped off to the tune of 3500b. I wont let him over my threshold anymore, although he is cheeky enough to keep coming around. I have never paid the same price, but the last time, I paid 1.500b.

What kind of prices do members pay? I need something to work on when it's due next. My wife says she used to pay 150b up north.

As said the yellow trucks from the local District who you want and all it takes is a telephone call. Last time we called they came the next day. But if the tank is working ok it should really not need pumping out - we have had house for 31 years and the only pump outs have been due to construction work.

Those private trucks are well known for robbery and threats if you argue. Never use them.

I would have thought about 300 baht. When they do it make sure they pour a small bucket of bacteria into the tank. This is what breaks down all of the solid matter. In theory if the bacteria is breaking down the solids ,the tank should never need to be emptied but in practise this is not allways the case.

Normally you only have to empty the septic tank if there is to much solid waste inside.

Nowadays the bacteria get killed to quick by overdoses of cleaning products, be they shampoo or washing powders.

Never seen a bucket of bacteria yet, not sure how they look or how you should handel them safely :o

In the old days it was said that dumping a dead animal (roadkill) into the tank would keep the bacteria levels high for a long time!

Between 300 and 500 Baht should get it emptied by the orange city trucks.

Used to order them at the garbage truck depot between Soi Buakhao and third road, easy to find, they are behind the new fire department opposite Buffalo bar on third road...

While it’s true that many septic tanks are full of sh*t, it may prove very difficult to empty them of their contents. I find this particularly true of septic tanks in Thailand where they tend to fill up and retain said sh*t more than anywhere else in the world. This exponential increase in the level of sh*t they contain may be due to the hot weather, dodgy bottled water and of course the spicy food. But I don't think so - it is just of the natural order of things - septic tanks are generally full of sh*t. :o

How much yeast Tony ?

I believe you have to weigh all the families stools for 30 days and check the firmness of each stool with a pressure tester, then after you have done this for 30 days there is a mathmatical formula you can use to learn how many grams of yeast to how many kiloes of solids, of course you could always just chuck a handful of yeast down the toilet everyweek.

How much yeast Tony ?

I believe you have to weigh all the families stools for 30 days and check the firmness of each stool with a pressure tester, then after you have done this for 30 days there is a mathmatical formula you can use to learn how many grams of yeast to how many kiloes of solids, of course you could always just chuck a handful of yeast down the toilet everyweek.

Whatever you do don't add flour as well, they'll have to slice it out rather than suck it out.

Of course you could add sugar and end up with something resembling chang. :o:D:D

How much yeast Tony ?

how do you weigh a wet one???

How much yeast Tony ?

how do you weigh a wet one???

maybe you could weigh the evacuatee before and after.

Ok, I know this is a shitty subject, but maybe someone knows what a fair price would be to empty one.

I live over Sukumvit rd. I have been here 4 years, and have had mine emptied a few times. The first time, I was ripped off to the tune of 3500b. I wont let him over my threshold anymore, although he is cheeky enough to keep coming around. I have never paid the same price, but the last time, I paid 1.500b.

What kind of prices do members pay? I need something to work on when it's due next.  My wife says she used to pay 150b up north.

I paid 350 baht in sri Racha.

If you treat your septic tank correctly you should hardly ever need to empy it.

Now I don't know or understand the science behind it but I'm told that if you don't put stuff like tiolet tissue into it, it won't need emptying for YEARS. the one in Sri Racha was 12 years I'm told!

OK - I can't give up the opportunity to talk crap....

If you treat your septic tank correctly you should hardly ever need to empty it.

I'm told that if you don't put stuff like toilet tissue and other solids into it, it won't need emptying for YEARS.

The way it works is your crap etc is drained into a tank, the solids settle on the bottom (?) and the remaining water is passed out through to a soakaway area of some kind, where it may be dissipated into the soil, this water is relatively harmless, so long as the tank isn’t overloaded.

Solids are decomposed by anaerobic (no air) bacterial action....this reduces the volume of the solids….

Anything not decomposed by the anaerobic digestion eventually has to be taken out of the tank. How often you empty it depends on the amount of solids that the bacteria can’t handle…I believe that toilet paper is in particular, bad for this as it interferes with the bacteria.

As for temperature – the warmer the better for the bacteria so the tank should work really well in Thailand.

Warning! if you let it overflow it can ruin the pipes, soakaway area and various other things; but remember it’s not the liquid level you are worried about, it’s the sludge level – feel for it with a stick! – mmmmmm!

Using too much water can also back up the system, if your house is new, it’s an idea to find out what capacity it can handle.

Finished!....now where's the paper.....MAAAAM!

While it’s true that many septic tanks are full of sh*t, it may prove very difficult to empty them of their contents. I find this particularly true of septic tanks in Thailand where they tend to fill up and retain said sh*t more than anywhere else in the world. This exponential increase in the level of sh*t they contain may be due to the hot weather, dodgy bottled water and of course the spicy food. But I don't think so - it is just of the natural order of things - septic tanks are generally full of sh*t.  :o

What do the Americans call a septic tank

Edited by The Philosopher