Best Bars In Chalong / Rawaii / Nai Harn And Kata For The Sake Of It

snamos

LIK I think you date yourself there though, as that is a WW2 expression.

My Aussie pal calls me Cranky Yank.

Not really, just that I've watched a lot of American movies about WW2. Sceptic would be my generation, but saying that someone is full of shit would attract a bunch of fives ... ;)

This could quite easily go off topic - me thinks rolleyes.gif

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deep Bar is the blue bar jap.gif

Freebird bar full of Thais now & up for sale @ 3.2 mill Baht

The original Freebird bar is not 'full of Thais', it's the regular haunt of many ex-pats of various nationalities. Always a good night there.

The New Freebird is next door, has live music most nights (Thai band) and has a mix of Thai and farang punters. This is the one that's up for sale.

It was a regular from the bar that told me & I also saw it advertised, but from memory I cannot remember the particular details of which bar -It just said Freebird bar.

I apologise if I gave wrong info, but Rawai rumours I suppose jap.gif

It's true, FreeBird original is only the outside bar with the massage and pool table area. Next door is "FreeBird ïnside" and the Freebird restaurant. Used to be and mexican? eathouse.

As advertised, the "Inside freeBird and Restaurant are for sale.

3,5 mill for free bird, i go past quite a few times a day/night and not many people there, you really have to sell some food or beer to make money out of that place

Is there a bar in the Rawai area that really has value (forgetting building assets) or the WOW factor - that would make you think about buying ?? - None for me jap.gif

I think he means Herman the German

Ahhh !!! - think you could be right. I must of been in one of them good bars and got confused with all the good beer - Herman the German (does he own a bar in Rawai as well ??)rolleyes.gif

3,5 mill for free bird, i go past quite a few times a day/night and not many people there, you really have to sell some food or beer to make money out of that place

I cant believe people still buy bars,

go rent a building for 15k a month and create one for a fifth of the price, or do what most thais do with varying degrees of success.... rent an empty block of land and put a bamboo hut on it

How can you tell there are not many people inside just by driving past? X-Ray specs? The new Freebird is completely enclosed!

i think you mean "last paradise bar" Little place with rooms oppsoite ya nui 1?

Last Paradise & Paradise beach bar - 2 different bars jap.gif

So where exactly is it? Im confused

Take the Cape road at the end of Rawai beach.Turn left at the orbitor's go about 1 km Paradise bar is on your left.You have to park (if drive a car) on the road and walk down to it bikes you can take down

Thought this was thread was about bars in Rawai, Nai Harn Chalong & Kata ????

Mee Bar is the ONLY bar i ever drink at in Kata. Reasonable prices, friendly staff. Clientele are mainly ex-pats - teachers, diving instructors. I go early (6.00/7.00p.m.) but if you want a wilder atmosphere late night weekends are rocking. Location off Kata beach road in the soi with Malissa Suites. Look for Yellow bank kiosk on right corner on entrance to soi. Avoid all the touristy bars/resaurants en route. Mee's is about halfway down on left side.

Mee Bar is the ONLY bar i ever drink at in Kata. Reasonable prices, friendly staff. Clientele are mainly ex-pats - teachers, diving instructors. I go early (6.00/7.00p.m.) but if you want a wilder atmosphere late night weekends are rocking. Location off Kata beach road in the soi with Malissa Suites. Look for Yellow bank kiosk on right corner on entrance to soi. Avoid all the touristy bars/resaurants en route. Mee's is about halfway down on left side.

Sorry but I would rather associate with tourists than drink with teachers and dive instructors

Last paradise has no view at all and is a dump.

Paradise beach bar, go along the Rawai Beach front til the Or Bor Tor office, turn left and then take the next left, go up the hill for 1km and it is signposted on the left.

Go down the hill and sit there just before sunset.

Stay for two hours until the lights come on over Rawai.

Heaven, forget the girlie bars for a while.

And Annie the host is lovely.

Paradise beach bar, go along the Rawai Beach front til the Or Bor Tor office, turn left and then take the next left, go up the hill for 1km and it is signposted on the left.

Must go & see Annie some time then whistling.gifrolleyes.gifjap.gif

Not a dump if you want one of the best burgers around :)

Thats true the burgers are good there.

Thats true the burgers are good there.

lost paradise is not a dump.....

interesting place at the base of a mossy hill with a stream running along the back of it good spot

also in the past i could sit around and enjoy the pool from the guest house next door when in service but pool not open last few times i went there.....have fun

Sherman is lymric for German....

Box Head would be the derogitory term as i recall :jap:

Sherman is lymric for German....

Box Head would be the derogitory term as i recall :jap:

Sherman is abbreviated Cockney rhyming slang for an American.

Sherman Tank = Yank.

You are correct with the box-head term.

apparently Herman the German not same same jap.gif