Best Bars In Chalong / Rawaii / Nai Harn And Kata For The Sake Of It

snamos

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think you mean "last paradise bar" Little place with rooms oppsoite ya nui 1?

Last Paradise & Paradise beach bar - 2 different bars jap.gif

So where exactly is it? Im confused

Take the Cape road at the end of Rawai beach.Turn left at the orbitor's go about 1 km Paradise bar is on your left.You have to park (if drive a car) on the road and walk down to it bikes you can take down

Also known as home to RBFC (Rawai Beach IGFA Fishing Club) the only IGFA Sponsor Club in Asia

Yes Dukes is more than good cold beers and happy hour everyday with great prices. Also drink of the day. Great sevice always. Kung Ling bar is fun, for that late night drink and maybe meet someone special with pool table, darts and Foos ball table ask for drink special.

• 2 weeks later...

Last paradise has no view at all and is a dump.

Paradise beach bar, go along the Rawai Beach front til the Or Bor Tor office, turn left and then take the next left, go up the hill for 1km and it is signposted on the left.

Go down the hill and sit there just before sunset.

Stay for two hours until the lights come on over Rawai.

Heaven, forget the girlie bars for a while.

And Annie the host is lovely.

Not a dump if you want one of the best burgers around :)

Thats true the burgers are good there.

lost paradise is not a dump.....

interesting place at the base of a mossy hill with a stream running along the back of it good spot

also in the past i could sit around and enjoy the pool from the guest house next door when in service but pool not open last few times i went there.....have fun

Sherman is lymric for German....

Box Head would be the derogitory term as i recall :jap:

Where is it? Last Paradise website is parked, so no map. Would like to try a burger.

Not a dump if you want one of the best burgers around :)

Thats true the burgers are good there.

lost paradise is not a dump.....

interesting place at the base of a mossy hill with a stream running along the back of it good spot

also in the past i could sit around and enjoy the pool from the guest house next door when in service but pool not open last few times i went there.....have fun

Sherman is lymric for German....

Box Head would be the derogitory term as i recall :jap:

Where is it? Last Paradise website is parked, so no map. Would like to try a burger.

It's on the road to Ya Nui Beach. If you go past the Or Bor Jor office and are headed toward Promtep, go straight instead of left toward Promtep, go past the Ya Nui Resort . Keep going towards the beach and on it's on the left by the last right curve in the road before the beach.

Well there is a real lack of entertainment this side of the island...might be the opening for a smart lad. Id like to see a good live music venue. Or a decent sports bar

Edited by snamos

Or a decent sports bar

Snamos, have you checked out Dukes in Kata?

Multiple flatscreens and a sports schedule board so you know when the event you are after is on. Free popcorn as long as you are buying drinks. From Kata Center head on the road up toward the PTT station, Dukes is on your right 50 meters up. Best sports bar this end of the island.

Or a decent sports bar

Snamos, have you checked out Dukes in Kata?

Multiple flatscreens and a sports schedule board so you know when the event you are after is on. Free popcorn as long as you are buying drinks. From Kata Center head on the road up toward the PTT station, Dukes is on your right 50 meters up. Best sports bar this end of the island.

Taina Road, Thanon Taina in Thai :)

Well there is a real lack of entertainment this side of the island...might be the opening for a smart lad. Id like to see a good live music venue. Or a decent sports bar

a good live music venue with draft beer and JackD in Kata, I would spend more than 10k baht a month for sure :P

a good live music venue with draft beer and JackD in Kata, I would spend more than 10k baht a month for sure :P

People have tried 'live music' venues and all the put on is Colin Hill, most people that frequent that type of venue have heard him to death. The problem with Rawai/Nai Harn is national - lack of tourists. Even Patong is quiet, but there are crowds there and if a bar has a few bodies inside it creates and atmosphere which encourages more people into the bar. Again, not enough numbers in Rawai/Nai Harn, which is a shame cos there are some good bars there. jap.gif

Edited by LivinginKata
Remark about moderation removed

People have tried 'live music' venues and all the put on is Colin Hill, most people that frequent that type of venue have heard him to death. The problem with Rawai/Nai Harn is national - lack of tourists. Even Patong is quiet, but there are crowds there and if a bar has a few bodies inside it creates and atmosphere which encourages more people into the bar. Again, not enough numbers in Rawai/Nai Harn, which is a shame cos there are some good bars there. jap.gif

It doesnt matter if there are tourists or not there are plenty of expats, for a mid size venue the difference between a good night and a bad night can be 50 customers, I dont think its that big an ask for someone with time and a bit of dash (i dont have the time rolleyes.gif), if they could get a regular gig with a half decent band 3 nights a week it would be great...put it this way if I had "the green man" it would be a perfect venue and Im sure they arent over run with customers at the moment. The Filipino bands down at Patong go allright....its just a shame they are so far away.

It doesnt matter if there are tourists or not there are plenty of expats, for a mid size venue the difference between a good night and a bad night can be 50 customers, I dont think its that big an ask for someone with time and a bit of dash (i dont have the time rolleyes.gif), if they could get a regular gig with a half decent band 3 nights a week it would be great...put it this way if I had "the green man" it would be a perfect venue and Im sure they arent over run with customers at the moment. The Filipino bands down at Patong go allright....its just a shame they are so far away.

Sorry - I should of said people instead of tourists

I agree a change is as good as a rest and different type of music could be good, but if a bar finds a good angle then all the rest follow and it becomes too saturated again. Is freebird bar (inside) still having a Thai band every night ?

Hope I do not offend any one with my comments jap.gif

plenty of live music in Kata. Looking for GOOD live music, Thai or foreign music and artists

Until then, I guess I will continue passing one of the surrounding mountains a couple of nights a week :)

I remember when groove doctors played in Joo Kool every Thursday, very good dont know why it stopped,, maybe because we came on our loud Harleys :)

The bikers stopped coming when the new GM decided to make it a non-smoking venue and as I recall, none of the bikes had straight through pipes.

I remember when groove doctors played in Joo Kool every Thursday, very good dont know why it stopped,, maybe because we came on our loud Harleys :)

The bikers stopped coming when the new GM decided to make it a non-smoking venue and as I recall, none of the bikes had straight through pipes.

yes we had, 3 of us :)

Best bar for meeting new people and socializing is the Sh'bang bar in Chalong.

Really?

Yes....really.

There is no loud music and anyone that comes in is greeted by the owner and customers and included in the conversation.

Weird, I know.......but, it's true.

• 4 months later...

Anyone care to offer an update on bars in Rawai/Naiharn area ? Will be spending a bit of time there over the next few months.

With the high season almost upon us, maybe something new has popped up ?

Although not looking for a wife I would prefer something with a few female staff at hand.

Dont like Kata, its too much like Patong in the high season, nowhere to park the car !

I was down at Chalong pier road last night...it was heaving

REALLY? mostly girls and staff not many punters spending money..they now have 50 bars from the top of the road to the light house area,and less punters.dont add up,watch them close and wait for new renters.......only one winner,the owners who rent them out...if you want to lose money get yourself a bar[unless you are lucky and can sell it...]:lol: