Ed Visa....Am I Missing Something Or Is It Cheaper Than Doing Visa Runs?

sorry but they make tests. Simple one but they do it, and for 2nd year u have to go for an interview at ministry of education.

I dont see the interest to pay for a thai language school for learning to speak thai and not doing it !.

About the times passed to go to school every week with walen school, u can have class, via skype 2 times a week and its working perfectly.

That's fine, my Thai isn't that bad anyway.

As I mentioned before the reason I've paid for it is the convenience over doing visa runs.

Every other post mentions Walen School. Is this some sort of spam?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry but they make tests. Simple one but they do it, and for 2nd year u have to go for an interview at ministry of education.

I dont see the interest to pay for a thai language school for learning to speak thai and not doing it !.

About the times passed to go to school every week with walen school, u can have class, via skype 2 times a week and its working perfectly.

As I mentioned before the reason I've paid for it is the convenience over doing visa runs.

no need of spam, or advertizing.

Just use it and have no reason to complain about anythings with them.

Thats all

... a basic Thai test when people go for there extension, that would appear the easy solution, if you have a few extensions you should be able to speak Thai

Except that some people use ED Visa to learn Thai box, or even English language... B)

with Walen it is possible to study totally for free.

How can you study for ' free' at a commercially run school?

It was once developed in a discussion that I can't find anymore ??

They have a kind of pyramidal system: talk to your friends and in all Internet forum "how good W***n school is" and get some candid guys to pay for a course in that school; you will get a commission on what he paid, and on what will pay other people he can latter enroll in this school.

It's one reason why you can't trust any testimony about this school in forums... :(

To extend your stay for education you always require a non immigrant visa entry at a cost of 2,000 baht single entry.

I presume you're saying 'You need an Ed-visa, which is a non-immigrant visa, in order to extend your stay for education'.

Not that all non-immigrations visas, O, B, etc etc can be extended for the purpose of education, which your post reads like.

To extend your stay for education you always require a non immigrant visa entry at a cost of 2,000 baht single entry.

I presume you're saying 'You need an Ed-visa, which is a non-immigrant visa, in order to extend your stay for education'.

Not that all non-immigrations visas, O, B, etc etc can be extended for the purpose of education, which your post reads like.

Out of context yes but my post was in response to below from the OP where it was said an ED visa (meaning extension of stay) was cheaper than a tourist visa run to Vientiane by not taking into account he still has to obtain the original non immigrant visa at a cost of 2k.

My recent visa run to Laos ended up costing 3000bt for 2 month toursist visa

Out of context yes but my post was in response to below from the OP where it was said an ED visa (meaning extension of stay) was cheaper than a tourist visa run to Vientiane by not taking into account he still has to obtain the original non immigrant visa at a cost of 2k.

You're still not making yourself clear.

There are many non-immigrant visas, to extend one based on furthering education the original non-immigrant visa has to be granted for education, yes? Non-Im Ed. or whatever the abbreviation is. It cannot be any other non-immigrant visa, based on marriage, retirement, work etc. It has to be originally granted as a non-immigration visa based on Education right?

An extension to stay based on Education cannot be granted on a non-im visa based on marriage (O), business (B ) etc?

Edited by hehehoho

Yep, it's coming. And if I were running a Thai language school, I'd be putting pennies in the bank for the time when this fraudulent business is all going to dry up.

Especially if some schools could later not be able to even teach you the lessons you paid for, punishment for going with the cheapest service available! Your choices guys. If you go with Walen you cannot go wrong. We have plenty of money to deliver on the lessons we promised. Despite being the most expensive Thai school (the only way to beat Walen is to undercut us with 2-3k) we have positively the most students. Some of the ones choosing the cheapest service might weep bitterly one day but don't complaint to Walen then. But of course you know better and we are wrong.

There is no such thing as discounted quality! By the Way with Walen you can study totally for free. Interested?

Walen School - study for free!

Pa

Walen School is not a spam, we are just number one Thai school in the Thailand (probably in the world). Free lessons, just try before you buy. Bangkok ( two locations), Chiangmai, Pattaya, Phuket and online anywhere in the world!

Walen School - here to serve u

... a basic Thai test when people go for there extension, that would appear the easy solution, if you have a few extensions you should be able to speak Thai

Except that some people use ED Visa to learn Thai box, or even English language... B)

with Walen it is possible to study totally for free.

How can you study for ' free' at a commercially run school?

It was once developed in a discussion that I can't find anymore ??

They have a kind of pyramidal system: talk to your friends and in all Internet forum "how good W***n school is" and get some candid guys to pay for a course in that school; you will get a commission on what he paid, and on what will pay other people he can latter enroll in this school.

It's one reason why you can't trust any testimony about this school in forums... :(

Sure you can trust us, being the most popular does not mean you cannot trust us, just the opposite, if you don't trust us who will you trust?

Walen School - become part of it!

What a scam. It's only a matter of time before the S hits the F with this little fraud.

Why would you say that? We have been around for 10 long years! Matter of time, another 10 years? It is totally legitimate. We are the most expensive and still the most popular. Try us and you will not regret. We do what we promise. If you go for our cheap competitors do not complain later. Saving 1-2 k can be a lot more expensive mistake.

Walen School - you can trust us

What a scam. It's only a matter of time before the S hits the F with this little fraud.

Not if the proper people are receiving their little envelopes on time. :rolleyes:

We are here to do our best for Walen students so do not worry, If it can be done Walen can do it!

Walen School - peace of mind

Not if the proper people are receiving their little envelopes on time. :rolleyes:

First mistake of many a people who have ended up in jail.

These Walen people claim to have the most students of any school in Thailand. What percentage of them are actually taking classes, I wonder? And how long will it take for the authorities to sit up and take notice that what they are doing is no better than a diploma mill? My guess...not long.

First mistake of many a people who have ended up in jail.

These Walen people claim to have the most students of any school in Thailand. What percentage of them are actually taking classes, I wonder? And how long will it take for the authorities to sit up and take notice that what they are doing is no better than a diploma mill? My guess...not long.

Richar4849, we actually do teach Thai, you must have not visited us yet, on top of that we do not have a reputation of only the most expensive school but also the most difficult school as you have to learn Thai in Thai, so if you are a baby karaoke you are up for a big surprise. The best way is to test it, isn't it? We offer free lessons, you can talk to teachers, students, staff and even me. When authorities sit in our lessons they will have not a shadow of a doubt that we are a real Thai school, not so sure about other 'visa schools' with no students in classes but super cheap ED visas. We run classes from morning to evening.

You need to try better if you want to discredit the Walen School of Thai, it is evident that no matter how much I try I will not be able to have only friends here, you could be anybody, a competitor for example. If we are so bad just come to our lessons, it will quickly become evident if we are a real school or just a 'visa mill'. We do nothing wrong therefore we have noting to fear.

Walen Shool - test us before you make negative comments

Edited by MacWalen

I ask again: what percentage of your students actually show up for classes?

Great majority, those who miss sometimes must have good reasons. All schools are very busy, new schools in Ladprao and Phuket are still growing.

And what is your point? Perhaps I am missing something. Still no feelings hurt, if you want to study Thai at Walen you are most welcome. We will provide you with the very best service.

Walen School - the friendliest school - the friendlies teachers

Ps. I am in Angeles City right now (the Philippines), just wondering if there would be any interest in learning Thai here. I am sure some of you would know this place. We have the ambition of teaching Thai beyond the Thai borders.

Add me on facebook if you want to be up to date with what we do. Mac Walen (profile with a picutre).

Who said I needed to go? :P

I do not wish to give the mistaken impression that I might be seconding the many posts that are a general denigration of all Thai language schools that are cheaper than the most expensive one, but I consider it necessary to address your above flippant statement.

Membob, if your school gives you, after the first three months of signing up for a course, the documents for your application for extension of stay, including the necessary document from the Ministry of Education (MOE), without you ever having studied, this probably means that the school submitted a false document about your attendance record to the MOE, ie a school employee committed fraud, a criminal act, and you risk that the school may have been doing the same for other students and therefore could at any moment lose the MOE licence and thus be unable to give you the required documents for subsequent applications for extension of stay, although you already paid the school fee for one year in advance. What other, legal consequences, if any, this might have for you, I am unable guess.

I do not wish to give the mistaken impression that I might be seconding the many posts that are a general denigration of all Thai language schools that are cheaper than the most expensive one, but I consider it necessary to address your above flippant statement.

Membob, if your school gives you, after the first three months of signing up for a course, the documents for your application for extension of stay, including the necessary document from the Ministry of Education (MOE), without you ever having studied, this probably means that the school submitted a false document about your attendance record to the MOE, ie a school employee committed fraud, a criminal act, and you risk that the school may have been doing the same for other students and therefore could at any moment lose the MOE licence and thus be unable to give you the required documents for subsequent applications for extension of stay, although you already paid the school fee for one year in advance. What other, legal consequences, if any, this might have for you, I am unable guess.

In this case I would say he submitted a fake document. Although the document was not forged by him, it could be argued that he knew it was fake as he didn't study. And you do sign that the papers submitted are true.

There are many non-immigrant visas, to extend one based on furthering education the original non-immigrant visa has to be granted for education, yes? Non-Im Ed. or whatever the abbreviation is. It cannot be any other non-immigrant visa, based on marriage, retirement, work etc. It has to be originally granted as a non-immigration visa based on Education right?

An extension to stay based on Education cannot be granted on a non-im visa based on marriage (O), business (B ) etc?

*ahem*

Non-immigrant visas based on marriage, retirement, business etc. cannot be extended for the purpose of education, is this correct or not?

I'm on a non-imm O based on marriage, can this be extended for 12 months based on studying here?

In this case I would say he submitted a fake document. Although the document was not forged by him, it could be argued that he knew it was fake as he didn't study. And you do sign that the papers submitted are true.

It was done via a visa company here who I have used many times for visa runs.

They submitted all the paperwork and sorted everything for me but I know it's my name on the paperwork.

There are many other people doing the same and have been for years so I'm not too worried. I looked back at old posts on here and other sites and every year people mention they're "cracking down" on it soon.

I've not heard of any bad stories yet.

I guess I'm blinkering myself a bit and presuming if there are any consequences that they'll be minor and easy enough to sort out. Probably being a bit ignorant.

I knew this would raise the backs of a few people here but I thought it important.

Which ever way it turns out within the next year I'll be sure to update you all.

*ahem*

Non-immigrant visas based on marriage, retirement, business etc. cannot be extended for the purpose of education, is this correct or not?

I'm on a non-imm O based on marriage, can this be extended for 12 months based on studying here?

*ahem*

You can certianly try, while often there is no conversion from a tourist or visa exempt entry to an ED-visa, from a non-immigrant visa changing to the reason of study is something different. Especially if you have a Thai wife,I suspect that immigration will be sympathetic.

While it is no certaint that they will, you will lose nothing by trying.

Ah, okay, so it would probably require changing from a non-imm O to a non-imm Ed, then extending it based on education?

Do you usually have to pay for the new visa you're changing to, or is it changed over without you gaining any time on your visit (90 days from the day you arrived)?

With it changed to a non-imm Ed I could then get it extended for 12 months?

Although I would presumably have to book and pay for a 12 month course and have their documentation before I could change the non-imm O to a non-imm Ed?

Edited by hehehoho

If they allow it, there is no conversion. Only an extension of stay, now based on education. You just pay the normal 1,900 baht fee for the extension. (Which will probably be for 90 days, unless you study at university level).

Okay thanks.

So it would be pay for a course. Get the documentation. And hopefully extend for 90 days (1,900b).

Then repeat the extensions (1,900) every 90 days until the end of the 12 month course?

So about 12,500thb+ for a 12 month course, and say 4 x 1,900thb extensions?