Nothing Wrong With Pattaya

thaimate

the last time i entered Walking Street at night time was to accompany visitors from abroad whom i told after 10 minutes "you are now on your own. the driver will pick you up at the entrance not later than 10 minutes after you called him".

I assume that the multi-lingual gardener was home studying the markets on-line to provide you with hot stock tips... :unsure:

Edited by Ulysses G.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i live in Pattaya but east of Sukhumvit and think there is a lot wrong. but whatever is wrong does not affect my lifestyle. the last time i entered Walking Street at night time was to accompany visitors from abroad whom i told after 10 minutes "you are now on your own. the driver will pick you up at the entrance not later than 10 minutes after you called him".

why anybody living in Pattaya would mind whether Walking Street is crowded or ladyboys might try to pick-pocket you at 03.00 hrs on Beach Road and moves therefore to some godforsaken place is beyond my grasp. i have lived in a number of different places and nowhere was my wife able to shop the vast variety of goodies for the dining table that the shops in Pattaya provide.

i can however accept reasons such as "Pattaya is too expensive. accommodation, food, haircuts, lao kao, pussy and you name it is much cheaper in Nakhon Nowhere."

i can also accept reasons like "i prefer the quiet rural lifestyle with neighbours far away that i don't hear their farting or belching. for that i'm willing to forego eating french cheese, bavarian weisswurst, swiss bündner fleisch, italian salami, german bread and happily substitute those goodies with local delicacies e.g. deep fried woolly spiders, roaches and big bowls of rice."

:ph34r:

Yes I agree with that.

We have a second house out in the sticks some 50 km from SiSaket and I can manage 4 nights tops and I want to go home to Pattaya.

Walking Street?? Who wants to go there?? Overprized/over crowded no thanks I very seldom goes there anymore, there are many other places to go to for a night out.

I don't really like living near tourists. That is why I don't like living here. There are too many of them and they get in my way.

Needless to say, these people did not exist 5 years ago. The place is going down the drain. Used to be you could walk down WS without bumping into somebody and smelling horrible odors. Now the street is clogged and it takes an hour just to get past Tony's.

Can't stand it anymore, so enough is enough. I'll be leaving to Cambodia permanently in about 3 months.

Yeah, you can't stand Pattaya but you reckon you're be able to handle Cambodia permanently. Good luck finding your sweet smelling streets there.

It was that good i moved to buriram

Pattaya noy. Easier to control a farang in the village.

But seriously, if you have a family with young kids it's mcuh better to stay in Pattaya. Good schools, resturants, etc. Better for children to grow up in Pattaya than Isaan. That's my personaly opinion.

yeah and try letting ur wife go shopping in pattaya without a farang hassling her.. dont see it in buriram

yeah and try letting ur wife go shopping in pattaya without a farang hassling her.. dont see it in buriram

Is it really a problem? My wife always shops alone (at the markets) and comes back with a few stories of guys chasing her around, but we have a chuckle about it.

If you're retired age like me, just think how many men would be chasing your wife around back at home.

i live in Pattaya but east of Sukhumvit and think there is a lot wrong. but whatever is wrong does not affect my lifestyle. the last time i entered Walking Street at night time was to accompany visitors from abroad whom i told after 10 minutes "you are now on your own. the driver will pick you up at the entrance not later than 10 minutes after you called him".

why anybody living in Pattaya would mind whether Walking Street is crowded or ladyboys might try to pick-pocket you at 03.00 hrs on Beach Road and moves therefore to some godforsaken place is beyond my grasp.

Walking Street is remarkably easy to avoid. I live less than 1km from Walking Street and hardly ever see or hear it.

Its the best place in the World.......Pattaya that is.

Of course, and it could be perfect if it had at least one decent Mexican restaurant!

A DECENT Mexican restaurant?Belive me there is no such thing.

I know. In Pattaya, there is no such animal. So you can't really say there is NOTHING wrong with Pattaya.

Edited by Jingthing

Of course, and it could be perfect if it had at least one decent Mexican restaurant!

A DECENT Mexican restaurant?Belive me there is no such thing.

I know. In Pattaya, there is no such animal. So you can't really say there is NOTHING wrong with Pattaya.

Actually I had a much broader spectrum in mind :)

Lost count of how many threads there have been knocking Pattaya,

Personally I have not spent a lot of time there,

but it's all a question of accepting and respecting each others choice of lifestyle,

nobodys forcing us to go there,if it's not to our personal taste.

"Each to their own" as the saying goes.

Edited by MAJIC

...and decent public transport like Taxis which use meters.

Yawn - this subject has been done to death from both ends so many times.

Double yawn... people who complain about threads yet they still read them and even post on them.

Don't listen to that ole bore..biggrin.gif

This is a great thread....city officials should book themselves a jolly to Nha Trang and see how a city beach should be....that's Pattaya's big let down for me. Also the crime and grime is unpleasant but it goes hand in hand with the filth which of course I adore....cool.gif

i can also accept reasons like "i prefer the quiet rural lifestyle with neighbours far away that i don't hear their farting or belching. for that i'm willing to forego eating french cheese, bavarian weisswurst, swiss bündner fleisch, italian salami, german bread

I would certainly rather have distant quiet neighbours than easy access to any farang food. I can easily live without that.

Trouble is, I dont think there is anywhere in Asia that has distant quiet neighbours, unless it is half way up a mountain where you probably dont have access to any food at all, other than fermented yak fat and boiled weeds.

i enjoy both. an extremely quiet neighbourhood, no traffic noise but farang goodies. i don't live in a condo or a shophouse located in a crowded area of Pattaya.

Great place........................has just about everything one could want whether that be a single guy or family man.....beach isnt much to talk about but hey, really howoften do you go to the beach when you live near one.

Trafic noise doesnt bother me. What I dont like is the noise of people. Asians are a noisy lot in general, and many Thais speak (shout) in a particularly piercing way. Add to that the inevitable barking dogs and I would much rather be in a condo than out in the sticks. If you choose the right condo you dont get any traffic noise either, even in Pattaya.

There are even a few condos that are themselves out in the sticks, and some of those are really excellent for someone who appreciates silence. I have my eye on a couple at the moment.

I don't really like living near tourists. That is why I don't like living here. There are too many of them and they get in my way.

Needless to say, these people did not exist 5 years ago. The place is going down the drain. Used to be you could walk down WS without bumping into somebody and smelling horrible odors. Now the street is clogged and it takes an hour just to get past Tony's.

Can't stand it anymore, so enough is enough. I'll be leaving to Cambodia permanently in about 3 months.

Walking Street has been crowded and smelly the 16 years I've lived here, it's not a new phenomenon from the last 5 years.

...and decent public transport like Taxis which use meters.

And an enormous structure such as an eiffel tower or taj mahal. And a metro. And a parliament. And a broad river. And mountains. And a world-class football team.

I know - ridiculous foolishness... but you started it.

SC

Possible names for this world class football team?

Pattaya Sexy-men

Pattaya Punters

Pattaya Ballbangers

Pattaya Jetskis

Pattaya Mafiosi

Pattaya Yabas

?????

Patta-yabas

Pattaya Bandits?

Dynamo Pattaya? Dynamo Jetski?

Walking Street Cowboys?

Hansum City?

Gentlemen and Players?

SC

Thaimate, If you think Pattaya is a good choice place to bring up children, you're quite ill.

And your a fool ,my son doesnt hang around walking street ,we live in a quiet area with quite well off Thai neighbours ,and he mixes with other boys from his school , dont judge what you dont know.

Lots of Pattaya knockers out there but who cares what other people think anyway.

Easy to get around and with heaps more facilities than similar tourist places in Thailand it still wins hands down to me.

It is also relatively cheap and close to Bangkok.

You can live in Nakhon nowhere if you like but I couldn't last 5 minutes in rural Thailand. Heck most of the Thais I know are busting to get out of rural Thailand.

Lots of Pattaya knockers out there but who cares what other people think anyway.

Easy to get around and with heaps more facilities than similar tourist places in Thailand it still wins hands down to me.

It is also relatively cheap and close to Bangkok.

You can live in Nakhon nowhere if you like but I couldn't last 5 minutes in rural Thailand. Heck most of the Thais I know are busting to get out of rural Thailand.

I couldn't last a minute in rural Thailand myself. The knockers always fail to come up with a suitable alternative where everything is perfect.

For me the choice is either Pattaya or find another country.