June 24, 201115 yr Are deposits on new cars refundable in Thailand? It's not mentioned either way in the contract.
June 25, 201115 yr Let's move this over to the motor forum. What kind of car do you have the deposit on???
June 25, 201115 yr Some dealers refund for any reason you want to cancel. some do not refund no matter your reason Ask your dealer politely with a big smile, and we will see
June 25, 201115 yr Rather long ago.. 2004 wanted a car, already had a pickup, pickup is almost always full of boxes of parts, so a car appeared idea for the odd special occasion. Honda Jazz was just in Thailand, but Thai friends said to wait as a new Toyota was about to arrive called the Avanza.. Few weeks later got a Party invite to Toyota showroom, the Avanza looked OK, of course in a show room is a bit different looking with 100's of other guests then driving. Put down a booking/deposit fee, 2 months later they were ready for the road so was invited back to test drive and order colour and trim.... For me it was not the right car after a test drive, and bought a Jazz instead.. I did get the booking/deposit fee back after many phone calls and 10 months wait.
June 25, 201115 yr I just got 66% ofmy deposit back from Toyota in Au Udom. Getting my other 33% back in 2 weeks. Caught them out in a scam and mentioned that I was going to the MD of Toyota Thailand. Money was transferred to my bank on a Sunday afternoon, never went to the dealership once, all done by phone
June 25, 201115 yr I just got 66% ofmy deposit back from Toyota in Au Udom. Getting my other 33% back in 2 weeks. Caught them out in a scam and mentioned that I was going to the MD of Toyota Thailand. Money was transferred to my bank on a Sunday afternoon, never went to the dealership once, all done by phone What sort of scam?
June 25, 201115 yr I just got 66% ofmy deposit back from Toyota in Au Udom. Getting my other 33% back in 2 weeks. Caught them out in a scam and mentioned that I was going to the MD of Toyota Thailand. Money was transferred to my bank on a Sunday afternoon, never went to the dealership once, all done by phone What sort of scam? as a mod, I have to remind you all about the rather strict laws of naming and shaming in Thailand. If its not made public by police or issued warrant, it cant be shared in public. Thus against Forum rules to post. Sharing it in PMs is also illegal, but usually nobody notice
June 25, 201115 yr Last November I placed a deposit on a Honda Brio. After the Auto show I was not so sure I wanted it any more. Then I got a letter from Honda due to the problems in Japan it could be months (12) before I got mine. I went to the dealer and received my deposit back. Not in the week they said but after 6 weeks. This is also true one other time with a Nissan Both dealers are in Chiang Mai
Create an account or sign in to comment