Online Payment Systems For Hotels In Thailand

A couple of clients who run hotels are interested in receiving online payments, but which company would you advise getting a merchant account from?

There are way too many horror stories about Paypal these days, and from a previous thread on here, it appears merchants in Thailand are hamstrung with extra conditions.

Others like 2checkout specifically exclude the travel biz.

So any recommendations, personal experience, horror stories, etc?

A couple of clients who run hotels are interested in receiving online payments, but which company would you advise getting a merchant account from?

There are way too many horror stories about Paypal these days, and from a previous thread on here, it appears merchants in Thailand are hamstrung with extra conditions.

Others like 2checkout specifically exclude the travel biz.

So any recommendations, personal experience, horror stories, etc?

Hi Organic,

I would recommend http://www.thaiepay.com as an easy solution, I have used them for about 6 months and no problems at all. However to get a internationl trusted solution lookt at http://www.worldpay.com out of Singapore. I find more people are willing to trust this company with CC details and therefore more booking (sales in my case).

Stephen

We use authorize.net/Bank of America. No need to deal with a Thai bank whatsoever if these aren't large hotels. All transactions can be done via virtual terminal or customers can use any of hundreds of blind/secure shopping cart solutions available for less than $250 one time setup.

:o