This Is Not Organic But!

I have a problem with clover and nutgrass in my yard. I went to the extreem of killing the grass, waiting a few weeks, killing the nutgrass, waited again, killed the new nut grass and then put sod down. The nutgrass came back anyway.

I also have clover which covers the grass and hurts the growing.

In the USA they have a nutgrass herbicide and a broadleaf herbicide that will not hurt southern grass.

Is this available in thailand? I go to the plant store and/or flower market and they look at me like I am daft. Why take out weeds from the grass, just pull them out by hand.

I am in the USA now and am considering bringing back some product with me. Easier if I can get it locally in Thailand.

Also weed preventer like Preen which prevents seeds from sprouting for a few months.

Tom

You're in Thailand and you have clover growing on your land?! Where are you? I'd love to have clover growing here. Are you sure it's clover, and not oxalis, which looks similar to clover, yet has a sour taste, and small yellow flowers.

As for preventing new seed growth, I've read somewhere on the internet that sprinkling corn starch before seeds germinate will prevent them from germinating. Haven't tried it though.

And, yeah, again, are you sure that's clover?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, it is oxalis that looks like clover. I have tried the starch and the corn meal preventer. I am now in the USA and will bring what I need with me when I come back. Only a pint of each which is enough for several years for my size yard.

Thanks for the reply

Tom

You're in Thailand and you have clover growing on your land?! Where are you? I'd love to have clover growing here. Are you sure it's clover, and not oxalis, which looks similar to clover, yet has a sour taste, and small yellow flowers.

As for preventing new seed growth, I've read somewhere on the internet that sprinkling corn starch before seeds germinate will prevent them from germinating. Haven't tried it though.

And, yeah, again, are you sure that's clover?