This Is Not Organic But!

I have a problem with clover and nutgrass in my yard. I went to the extreem of killing the grass, waiting a few weeks, killing the nutgrass, waited again, killed the new nut grass and then put sod down. The nutgrass came back anyway.

I also have clover which covers the grass and hurts the growing.

In the USA they have a nutgrass herbicide and a broadleaf herbicide that will not hurt southern grass.

Is this available in thailand? I go to the plant store and/or flower market and they look at me like I am daft. Why take out weeds from the grass, just pull them out by hand.

I am in the USA now and am considering bringing back some product with me. Easier if I can get it locally in Thailand.

Also weed preventer like Preen which prevents seeds from sprouting for a few months.

Tom

Hey Tom,

There are many selective herbicides on the market here. I find taking a sample of the weed into the shop often helps. If you can get the active ingredients from a product in the US and send it over to someone here to check against the local stuff may also help. I doubt I would attempt to bring herbicides into the country in my baggage these days what with all the fertiliser bomb scares etc.. on a lighter note, enough fertiliser bombs exploding around here already pre-election.

IA