Phone Interviews Now?

I have read in another forum that some embasseys are now doing phone interviews instead of personal interviews.

Does anyone know if this is happening in Bangkok Australian embassey?

I don't know if it's intentional, but at least if you know you are going to be interviewed you can prepare, if you suddenly get a phone call you could be caught off guard, even if the purpose of the call is to seek clarification of a point.

I don't know if a policy to do phone interviews has been introduced, or whether it just happens to be coincidental that some applications needed points clarified. However, I would not object in any way to applicants ( or sponsors ) being interviewed by phone. The current process of " evidence - based" decisions is imperfect. As we understand it, an ECO now has 8 - 10 minutes to make a potentially life-changing decision based on documents in front of him. Although the Embassy denies it, we are aware that on occasions, the ECO overlooks, or misreads, documents that are submitted. We ( and I collectively mean our office and some of the other agents in Pattaya ) all have evidence of this in some of the, what I refer to as, poor decisions by the Embassy. If the visa section has now decided that a quick phone call can clarify a point, rather than them just taking the "easy refusal " route, then I am very happy.

I don't know if a policy to do phone interviews has been introduced, or whether it just happens to be coincidental that some applications needed points clarified. However, I would not object in any way to applicants ( or sponsors ) being interviewed by phone. The current process of " evidence - based" decisions is imperfect. As we understand it, an ECO now has 8 - 10 minutes to make a potentially life-changing decision based on documents in front of him. Although the Embassy denies it, we are aware that on occasions, the ECO overlooks, or misreads, documents that are submitted. We ( and I collectively mean our office and some of the other agents in Pattaya ) all have evidence of this in some of the, what I refer to as, poor decisions by the Embassy. If the visa section has now decided that a quick phone call can clarify a point, rather than them just taking the "easy refusal " route, then I am very happy.

Sounds good to me in my opinion we are having some extremely poor decisions, & vital information is being missed. (example evidence of close contact some 1762 phone call records missed by the processing ECO.

It should be noted that the OP is asking about the Australian embassy.

You are of course correct, but I think the point that VP, TVE and I are making that any Visa Section might do this and it could throw any applicant who is called on the hoof, for all the right reasons So applicants should remember what they actually wrote when they submitted their application, especially when their sponsor has helped compile an application.

I've amended the topic title to show this.

Just to inform all would be candidates who have been refused a visa just because you address the original refusal the embassy can in fact find further issues with any new application.

What does that have to do with a phone interview?

I've amended the topic title to show this.

Just to inform all would be candidates who have been refused a visa just because you address the original refusal the embassy can in fact find further issues with any new application.