June 27, 201115 yr What does anyone think is the best fuel to run in the new Toyota Camry Hybrid.Any advice is welcome. Cheers.
June 27, 201115 yr Read your owner manual or look at the little sticker by where the fuel cap is I use the (green sign) 91 gasahol, but clearly up to you
June 27, 201115 yr Read your owner manual or look at the little sticker by where the fuel cap is I use the (green sign) 91 gasahol, but clearly up to you I have measured both Camry and Accord 2,4, and they achieve lower fuel cost on E10 than E20, due to higher consumption of E20. In Thai/US spec both are happy with 91, and no gain in using 95
June 27, 201115 yr Read your owner manual or look at the little sticker by where the fuel cap is I use the (green sign) 91 gasahol, but clearly up to you I have measured both Camry and Accord 2,4, and they achieve lower fuel cost on E10 than E20, due to higher consumption of E20. In Thai/US spec both are happy with 91, and no gain in using 95 Will this apply for the Prius Hybrid as well? (please, no flaming me for having one of these)
June 27, 201115 yr Read your owner manual or look at the little sticker by where the fuel cap is I use the (green sign) 91 gasahol, but clearly up to you I have measured both Camry and Accord 2,4, and they achieve lower fuel cost on E10 than E20, due to higher consumption of E20. In Thai/US spec both are happy with 91, and no gain in using 95 Will this apply for the Prius Hybrid as well? (please, no flaming me for having one of these) did you get it today? congrats would assume so, as E20 contains less energy, engine needs more of it to perform the same should have mentioned my measures are Highway only, speed usually 160kmh, with the occasional needed speed reductions followed by max power until cruise at 160kmh again consumption of E10 versys E20 could be the same if engine doesnt need to work hard
June 27, 201115 yr Read your owner manual or look at the little sticker by where the fuel cap is I use the (green sign) 91 gasahol, but clearly up to you I have measured both Camry and Accord 2,4, and they achieve lower fuel cost on E10 than E20, due to higher consumption of E20. In Thai/US spec both are happy with 91, and no gain in using 95 Will this apply for the Prius Hybrid as well? (please, no flaming me for having one of these) did you get it today? congrats would assume so, as E20 contains less energy, engine needs more of it to perform the same should have mentioned my measures are Highway only, speed usually 160kmh, with the occasional needed speed reductions followed by max power until cruise at 160kmh again consumption of E10 versys E20 could be the same if engine doesnt need to work hard As expected, didn't get it today. Latest promise is tomorrow but even then, without the accessories yet (skirts, alloys. parking sensors etc). I'm not altogether surprised, this being Thailand . I'm leaving for Europe for 10 days on Wed anyway so my missus will bring it back to them for the rest of the fits when I'm away. I won't be doing 160 km/h (no Highway Police sticker you see ). More likely, I will cruise around 110-120 kmh, maybe even less if I am not in a rush and want to see how economical this car really is, so I guess the saving of Thb 9 baht or so per litre between 95 and 91 is worth it.
June 27, 201115 yr I thought hybrid Toyota's ran purely on sunshine and an unapologetic love for all things Toyota.. Now you're telling me they need gas?? OMG! ;P
June 27, 201115 yr I thought hybrid Toyota's ran purely on sunshine and an unapologetic love for all things Toyota.. Now you're telling me they need gas?? OMG! ;P Good one!!
June 27, 201115 yr More likely, I will cruise around 110-120 kmh, maybe even less if I am not in a rush and want to see how economical this car really is, so I guess the saving of Thb 9 baht or so per litre between 95 and 91 is worth it. Can it hit 120KM/H Sorry had to ask
June 27, 201115 yr More likely, I will cruise around 110-120 kmh, maybe even less if I am not in a rush and want to see how economical this car really is, so I guess the saving of Thb 9 baht or so per litre between 95 and 91 is worth it. Can it hit 120KM/H Sorry had to ask Even better. Downhill, tailwind and drafting, possibly. Guess I'll have to console myself with spending only Thb 2,000 on an Isaan roundtrip that the Thb 3,500 in a Fortuner 3.0 litre Diesel, even if it will take me quite twice as long. Just have to smell the flowers (fertilizers) along the way
June 27, 201115 yr More likely, I will cruise around 110-120 kmh, maybe even less if I am not in a rush and want to see how economical this car really is, so I guess the saving of Thb 9 baht or so per litre between 95 and 91 is worth it. Can it hit 120KM/H Sorry had to ask Even better. Downhill, tailwind and drafting, possibly. Guess I'll have to console myself with spending only Thb 2,000 on an Isaan roundtrip that the Thb 3,500 in a Fortuner 3.0 litre Diesel, even if it will take me quite twice as long. Just have to smell the flowers (fertilizers) along the way That is exactly how it works. If you want to go at 160kmh Fortuner speed you may use more money on fuel than Fortuner
June 27, 201115 yr More likely, I will cruise around 110-120 kmh, maybe even less if I am not in a rush and want to see how economical this car really is, so I guess the saving of Thb 9 baht or so per litre between 95 and 91 is worth it. Can it hit 120KM/H Sorry had to ask Even better. Downhill, tailwind and drafting, possibly. Guess I'll have to console myself with spending only Thb 2,000 on an Isaan roundtrip that the Thb 3,500 in a Fortuner 3.0 litre Diesel, even if it will take me quite twice as long. Just have to smell the flowers (fertilizers) along the way That is exactly how it works. If you want to go at 160kmh Fortuner speed you may use more money on fuel than Fortuner Very true, but then I would save on speeding fines so that would offset each other I guess I can really say only after having had the car for a month or so, whether it is the right decision or not. If not, I will let the missus keep it and maybe buy the Camry Hybrid
June 27, 201115 yr More likely, I will cruise around 110-120 kmh, maybe even less if I am not in a rush and want to see how economical this car really is, so I guess the saving of Thb 9 baht or so per litre between 95 and 91 is worth it. Can it hit 120KM/H Sorry had to ask Even better. Downhill, tailwind and drafting, possibly. Guess I'll have to console myself with spending only Thb 2,000 on an Isaan roundtrip that the Thb 3,500 in a Fortuner 3.0 litre Diesel, even if it will take me quite twice as long. Just have to smell the flowers (fertilizers) along the way That is exactly how it works. If you want to go at 160kmh Fortuner speed you may use more money on fuel than Fortuner Very true, but then I would save on speeding fines so that would offset each other I guess I can really say only after having had the car for a month or so, whether it is the right decision or not. If not, I will let the missus keep it and maybe buy the Camry Hybrid Plenty of seconhand Camry Hybrid around as owners have sought other solutions. If only the batteries and charging had ben enough to make a schoolrun, but their empty just around the corner, and what you have left is a detuned 2,4 with like 200kg Hybrid stuff to carry around and spend fuel on pulling
June 27, 201115 yr That is exactly how it works. If you want to go at 160kmh Fortuner speed you may use more money on fuel than Fortuner Very true, but then I would save on speeding fines so that would offset each other I guess I can really say only after having had the car for a month or so, whether it is the right decision or not. If not, I will let the missus keep it and maybe buy the Camry Hybrid Plenty of seconhand Camry Hybrid around as owners have sought other solutions. If only the batteries and charging had ben enough to make a schoolrun, but their empty just around the corner, and what you have left is a detuned 2,4 with like 200kg Hybrid stuff to carry around and spend fuel on pulling Yeah, read that on this forum which is why I went for the Prius instead. I'm sure you knew I was joking right? Eventual second car would be something like a 325D convertible if finances allow.
Create an account or sign in to comment