Cheap Restaurant In Pinklao With Executive Chef

Flex2791

There is a new restaurant in the Pinklao area near the southern bus terminal not to be missed. It is called Uncle Chuan. It is run by an executive chef who use to work for the Mandarin Oriental, Sheraton USA, Sheraton UK, and many other high end restaurants/hotels around the world. (the only reason I know this is because his resume is on the back of the menu). It is a small place with great food and crazy low prices. In my 6 years living in Bangkok, this has now become my favorite place to eat. To give you an idea, my chicken breast came on a bed of mashed patatoes, a few onion rings, vegetables and dipping sauce. Price was 75THB...I thought it was a misprint. They have pasta, steaks, salmon, chicken, etc and of course Thai food all cooked by the executive chef....amazing flavor. Most of the western food plates are under 100THB. The only plate around 200THB is the salmon and steak which i haven't tried yet. I am not affiliated with the place but I do recommend you try it for yourself. it is located on Thanon Phuttha Monthon Sai 1. Can find the road on google maps or send me a message if you need more info. Bon appetit.

Ever wonder where he might be sourcing his 75 Bhat Chicken meal from?

Yes it may be cooked perfectly and taste great but excuse me for being a cynic.

lets break it down

Selling price 75 THB

30% Profit 30% food Cost 30% Rent,gas, wages etc..10% Tax etc..

makes a food Cost price of the meal 22.5 THB

Chicken breast 180-200 gm

Mashed potato 70-85 gm

Sauce 10-25 ml

vegetables 50-75 gm

This meas your 180-200gm of chicken will have been bought at the cost of no less than 5 THB and no more than 10 THB.... or 27.75 to 55 THB per Kilo,....

I'm sorry but I just cannot think of any Hygienic sources of chicken at that price..

Did the Chicken smell of formalin by chance?

http://www.thaivisa....n%3B-thai-food/

Edited by dutchweller

Ever wonder where he might be sourcing his 75 Bhat Chicken meal from?

Yes it may be cooked perfectly and taste great but excuse me for being a cynic.

lets break it down

Selling price 75 THB

30% Profit 30% food Cost 30% Rent,gas, wages etc..10% Tax etc..

makes a food Cost price of the meal 22.5 THB

Chicken breast 180-200 gm

Mashed potato 70-85 gm

Sauce 10-25 ml

vegetables 50-75 gm

This meas your 180-200gm of chicken will have been bought at the cost of no less than 5 THB and no more than 10 THB.... or 27.75 to 55 THB per Kilo,....

I'm sorry but I just cannot think of any Hygienic sources of chicken at that price..

Did the Chicken smell of formalin by chance?

http://www.thaivisa....n%3B-thai-food/

Please calculate things better if you make a calculation.

Sauce and vegetables like 5bt that means 17.5 bt for the chicken multiply that by 5 (not divide by 5) There are 5 portions of 200 gram in a kg. That maks it 90 bt a kg. That is not far off real word prices.

Besides this normally profit margin goes down if you sell cheap products but you make up in quantity. This is all basic economics.

I have never been to the place but just don't like calculations that are off.

<br />Ever wonder where he might be sourcing his 75 Bhat Chicken meal from?<br />Yes it may be cooked perfectly and taste great but excuse me for being a cynic.<br />lets break it down<br /><br />Selling price 75 THB<br /><br />30% Profit 30% food Cost 30% Rent,gas, wages etc..10% Tax etc..<br /><br />makes a food Cost price of the meal 22.5 THB<br /><br />Chicken breast   180-200 gm <br />Mashed potato   70-85 gm<br />Sauce                 10-25 ml<br />vegetables            50-75 gm<br /><br />This meas your 180-200gm of chicken will have been bought at the cost of no less than 5 THB and no more than 10 THB.... or 27.75 to 55 THB per Kilo,....<br />I'm sorry but I just cannot think of any Hygienic sources of chicken at that price..<br />Did the Chicken smell of <font face="arial, sans-serif"><font size="2"><i>formalin </i></font></font>by chance?<br /><br /><a href=' class='bbc_url' title=''>http://www.thaivisa....n%3B-thai-food/</a><br />
<br /><br /><br />

I've been a bodybuilder for over 20 years and I eat chicken everyday so I think I know good chicken when I find it. I don't really care where he gets it as long as the taste and quality are good. The chef has over 40 years experience in the kitchen. If he cant source good chicken in Thailand, then who can? Better you stick to KFC chicken.

Sorry if I sounded Hostile towards your post

It was not my Intention.

What I was trying to point out was caution when buying food in Thailand cheaply it is not always the best option

you would be surprised the Chemicals that the local food stuff producers pump into food to increase a profit from cheap quality food.

And there is next to No checks done on these producers.

They can put what they like in the food as long as no one dies.

If the place you posted about is providing good food that your happy about then Bon appetit.

And No I would Not eat KFC

Edited by dutchweller

Sorry if I sounded Hostile towards your post

It was not my Intention.

What I was trying to point out was caution when buying food in Thailand cheaply it is not always the best option

you would be surprised the Chemicals that the local food stuff producers pump into food to increase a profit from cheap quality food.

And there is next to No checks done on these producers.

They can put what they like in the food as long as no one dies.

If the place you posted about is providing good food that your happy about then Bon appetit.

And No I would Not eat KFC

You wait until you get to my age, then you too will actively look for any foods with preservatives in!

Alan

<br />Sorry if I sounded Hostile towards your post<br />It was not my Intention.<br /><br />What I was trying to point out was caution when buying food in Thailand cheaply it is not always the best option<br />you would be surprised the Chemicals that the local food stuff producers pump into food to increase a profit from cheap quality food.<br /><br />And there is next to No checks done on these producers.<br />They can put what they like in the food as long as no one dies.<br /><br />If the place you posted about is providing good food that your happy about then <font color="#1C2837"><font size="2">Bon appetit.</font></font><br /><br />And No I would Not eat KFC<br />
<br /><br /><br />

We all know that most food preparation and storage in Thailand would not meet most western standards. A quick walk in any market would horrify and possibly traumatize a western food safety inspector. I eat in restaurants everyday. Most are around Silom and Sathorn. The prices are quite high but the food is good. The small restaurant I mentioned above stands out simply because they are serving the same dishes you would get a places like the Manderin Oriental for a fraction of the price. Most of the small thai restaurants in Bangkok all taste the same. Usually bland and poorly cooked. It was nice to find a new place with properly cooked food and great flavor. I was there again today and had 3 different dishes and one green tea. The bill was under 200THB.

<br />
<br />Sorry if I sounded Hostile towards your post<br />It was not my Intention.<br /><br />What I was trying to point out was caution when buying food in Thailand cheaply it is not always the best option<br />you would be surprised the Chemicals that the local food stuff producers pump into food to increase a profit from cheap quality food.<br /><br />And there is next to No checks done on these producers.<br />They can put what they like in the food as long as no one dies.<br /><br />If the place you posted about is providing good food that your happy about then <font color="#1c2837"><font size="2">Bon appetit.</font></font><br /><br />And No I would Not eat KFC<br />
<br /><br /><br />You wait until you get to my age, then you too will actively look for any foods with preservatives in! <br /><br />Alan<br />
<br>

That was funny.

I have worked in the hospitality industry in various roles for nearly 20 years and can count on one hand the number of executive and head chefs who have ANY comprehension of how to run a business and how to price items. That probably explains why the failure ratio of restaurants is so high in the first 2 years. Most have ZERO idea about cost management & pricing. This sounds like another great example of someone who has not got his sums right. Great for the customer, but get it while you can as he will be closed in about 3 months, or he jacks up the prices and everyone stops going.