Logic Question, Farang Guy And Thai Lady

a confusing question for sure..so here is a confusing answer..lol

it occurs to me that many of us Farangs view HI-SO as any girl that does not need to gain income from hard work be it in a bar,on her back or....The girl has perhaps Chinese lineage with "money" and maybe has been to university or is high born in the European sense....Am I mistaken???

That said, from a Farangs point of view, they would seem an attractive long term partner and worth the search?..

.Sounds just a bit like a bar girl looking for a Farang partner don't it?

Re ..lets call 'em "ordinary" girls...it must be hard without haunting those places where Farangs "hunt" unless they work or move in a Farang environment. The simpler option then, if their goal is to "catch a Farang", may only be a dating site ..

I know a very sweet woman who works in a massage joint, I asked her how she was at my last visit and she told me "very lonely, Farangs no like me, pass me by..I lock my heart now"...she is a long time friend of my wifes and is probably about 40 now with a very pleasant face,figure and disposition....very sad..

... yes wifey did that for years and that is where we met.. as did my German BIL meet her sister.. :whistling:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a confusing question for sure..so here is a confusing answer..lol

it occurs to me that many of us Farangs view HI-SO as any girl that does not need to gain income from hard work be it in a bar,on her back or....The girl has perhaps Chinese lineage with "money" and maybe has been to university or is high born in the European sense....Am I mistaken???

Actually, that's not a bad description. A Thai's definition of a hi so girl would be similar to those of a farang hi so girl in the west. It's been somewhat distorted on farang forums. On TV for example, a hi-so refers to a Thai girl who's not interested in a farang. That explains why there seems to be so many more hi-so girls in Thailand than there actually are. And of course, TV members would insist that they're not interested in hi-so girls....even if they can actually get a date with one.

This is a funny post considering that it is just about money. I will tell you about my situation. I met a lady last February at the MBK center. We liked each other pretty well. She was the owner of a monument store in BKK. I came back to Canada after a few weeks. She is now engaged with an American guy. I accept her decision. We are very friendly and talk everyday. I dont know about her financial situation and I actually dont care. We are so close she presented me her young sister. A very pretty 28 years old lady. She is a model and work pretty hard everyday. She own a condo in Huaykwang district. We love each other pretty much and are about to get involve in a serious relationship. Her monthly salary, I dont know and I dont care. My monthly salary, converted, is about 120000 BAHT a month. She dont know and she dont care.

What I am saying here is that we dont care about our financial situation. I just love her the way she is. She is not a bar lady. I just had a good friend and she taught I was good enough to present me to her sister.

This is a funny post considering that it is just about money. I will tell you about my situation. I met a lady last February at the MBK center. We liked each other pretty well. She was the owner of a monument store in BKK. I came back to Canada after a few weeks. She is now engaged with an American guy. I accept her decision. We are very friendly and talk everyday. I dont know about her financial situation and I actually dont care. We are so close she presented me her young sister. A very pretty 28 years old lady. She is a model and work pretty hard everyday. She own a condo in Huaykwang district. We love each other pretty much and are about to get involve in a serious relationship. Her monthly salary, I dont know and I dont care. My monthly salary, converted, is about 120000 BAHT a month. She dont know and she dont care.

What I am saying here is that we dont care about our financial situation. I just love her the way she is. She is not a bar lady. I just had a good friend and she taught I was good enough to present me to her sister.

Just to clarify a few points. You are in Love with a woman you never met in person? She speaks and writes English and does not have a degree? You met a lady at a shopping centre who also speaks English but does not have a degree? You don't speak or write Thai? How long ago did you migrate to Canada?

Just to clarify a few points. You are in Love with a woman you never met in person? She speaks and writes English and does not have a degree? You met a lady at a shopping centre who also speaks English but does not have a degree? You don't speak or write Thai? How long ago did you migrate to Canada?

Sawadee Khap!

sa bai dee mai? Moi ca va tres bien, Arigato!

Yes, I am in love with a lady I never met. Someone I talk with since a few months and I like so much. She is also the sister of one of my good Thai friend. She speaks and write in English and have a University degree same as her sister. I met her sister a few month ago in Bangkok while travelling. They are well educated ladies and have good values. I am a Canadian citizen so I can come to my homeland as much as I can. Other things you would like to know or another language I shall speak?

Sawadee Khap!

Yes, I am in love with a lady I never met. Someone I talk with since a few months and I like so much. She is also the sister of one of my good Thai friend. She speaks and write in English and have a University degree same as her sister. I met her sister a few month ago in Bangkok while travelling. They are well educated ladies and have good values. I am a Canadian citizen so I can come to my homeland as much as I can. Other things you would like to know or another language I shall speak?

It is good she has a degree. English fluency without one is suspect. Good luck. The online thing is a minefield. And so is taking a Thai woman out of Thailand or trying a part time marriage.

Sawadee Khap!

It is good she has a degree. English fluency without one is suspect. Good luck. The online thing is a minefield. And so is taking a Thai woman out of Thailand or trying a part time marriage.

You know, I am someone who think that we have to take risks in life to enjoy it and get better. Maybe is it a mistake I am doing. Future will tell it to me. I try to be as positive as I can. We grow by learning from our mistakes! Anyway, I will tell you about that once I am back in Thailand in 3 weeks.

I also steer clear of Thai women who have lived in the west.

That we can agree on.

Ok, so my first post, and ever so slightly off-topic from the OP, but I am curious as to why quite a few posters say that they would steer clear of a Thai woman who has lived in the West? And also (as mentioned later on in the thread, I think) of 'hi-so' girls?

Edited by marisa808

That we can agree on.

Ok, so my first post, and ever so slightly off-topic from the OP, but I am curious as to why quite a few posters say that they would steer clear of a Thai woman who has lived in the West? And also (as mentioned later on in the thread, I think) of 'hi-so' girls?

I have had the opportunity to date women from the West and other countries while living in Thailand. I declined. I didn't come to Thailand to find the girl from next door. Western culture is all pervasive and can easily overwhelm a Thai woman who has lived there. Not that there is anything wrong with Western woman and Western culture, just not my thing. That's why I moved to Thailand. Hi so women? I don't know. Let one of the posters who thinks he has met one define that.

That we can agree on.

I have had the opportunity to date women from the West and other countries while living in Thailand. I declined. I didn't come to Thailand to find the girl from next door. Western culture is all pervasive and can easily overwhelm a Thai woman who has lived there. Not that there is anything wrong with Western woman and Western culture, just not my thing. That's why I moved to Thailand. Hi so women? I don't know. Let one of the posters who thinks he has met one define that.

I see...what do you find distinctive about Thai culture as opposed to Western culture? I am genuinely interested to hear an opinion on this, although I know it cannot be so readily simplified into an easy answer. I am particularly interested, as whilst I am Thai, with very traditional Thai parents, I was born, educated and currently reside in the West.

My parents gave me a very strict Thai upbringing, at odds with the very liberal Western culture in which I grew up. I would genuinely not be able to say whether I am more 'Thai' or 'Western' culturally - I think the aspects of both cultures inform my outlook, personality and beliefs. I think I am culturally confused, at best, lol!

I know one falang rich guy, you know why he love's bar girls? because he likes abnormal sex!!! and sometime shear sex with his lady and many bar girl the same time, ask yourself if you can do the same?

ewwwwwwwwwwww X(

i press LIKE for ur comment above! good for you! :)

HMMMMMM

I see...what do you find distinctive about Thai culture as opposed to Western culture? I am genuinely interested to hear an opinion on this, although I know it cannot be so readily simplified into an easy answer. I am particularly interested, as whilst I am Thai, with very traditional Thai parents, I was born, educated and currently reside in the West.

My parents gave me a very strict Thai upbringing, at odds with the very liberal Western culture in which I grew up. I would genuinely not be able to say whether I am more 'Thai' or 'Western' culturally - I think the aspects of both cultures inform my outlook, personality and beliefs. I think I am culturally confused, at best, lol!

Thailand has few psychiatrists. From my point of view it is because the culture does not drive people crazy. It is difficult to answer the question more specifically and stay within the parameters of Thai Visa posting rules.

Thailand has few psychiatrists. From my point of view it is because the culture does not drive people crazy. It is difficult to answer the question more specifically and stay within the parameters of Thai Visa posting rules.

I see – but do you not think that perhaps it could bebecause psychiatric illnesses are less recognised in Thailand, rather thanbeing less of a problem? Could you elaborate a bit more than you have done,whilst staying within the forum rules..?

I believe that there is an over-diagnosis of psychiatricproblems, sometimes in Western culture, in comparison to Thai culture. Doctorsare more likely to quickly diagnose and dispense drugs to deal with ADHD or OCDetc. Whereas what I see in Thailand is a general attitude of ‘deal with it’ or ‘justlet it go’ or ‘you don’t have a problem’, unless you have a very severedehabilitating mental illness, such as schizophrenia.

One mental illness in Thailand and in Asia which I wouldventure to be very under-diagnosed compared to the West is eating disorders. Itis ‘okay’ or ‘normal’ for Thai (and Asian) women to regularly skip meals, totake (often dangerous) dieting pills and become very unhealthily obsessed withtheir weight, in such a way which would be classed as ‘eating disordered’ inthe West. Especially since these women are not more than 50kg in the firstplace. This is particularly a problem in middle-class and higher-class Thais.However, this is not exclusively so, as in the past decade, there have beenmultiple deaths of Thai girls from poor, rural backgrounds dying from takingdangerous diet pills, often containing amphetamines or other unregulatedsubstances.

I believe that the mentality of conformity and ‘saving face’also makes the people suffering from mental illnesses less likely to admittheir illness to themselves, much less to others. There is great stigmaattached to mental illness in Thailand – it seems that people are often afraidthey may be simply cast off as a hopeless ‘khon baa’ (crazy person).

However, I do think that Buddhism, a large part of Thai culture,is perhaps helpful in some regards, to those who may be on the slippery slopeto mild depression or other mental illnesses – the transcendence of self, ofthe material world, and the awareness of others, of harmony and of karma may bea therapeutic source of comfort and hope to some. I also believe that the strong family unit makes individuals feel less isolated or alone in the world, as perhaps one might do in the West. Are these perhaps some of the reasons you mean when you say that Thai culture is less prone to drive people crazy?

men that meet women in bar are not good people same as the women that are there also, why would any man want to marry a bar girl is crazy because any man can have her for 500 bhat,,, I'm a falang and married with a thai woman, she works in a hospital and has good education,so we are both just normal peolpe, also im not a "rich falang " just normal, money in not everything happyness and love is what is important ok. i have never been too a thai bar and have not intest in them, any man and woman that goes too bar do not know the word hounesty.

Thank you for the lecture, meanwhile going to the bar doen't make you a dishonest person, probably you should try the bar girls, you might end up letting your wife go...

I tired to make a good girl out of a bar girl. I tried for three years. I took her to a different town and bought her different clothes and hung out with different people. It didn't work. Not saying it wasn't fun because it was; expensive but fun. After three years she missed the action too much and she now runs her own little bar close to Phuket.

Recently I have become enamored of a Thai lady who has a mid level executive position with an international company. She goes to work and I stay home and cook. When she gets home I have dinner on the table. Her English is very good and we can watch TV together. We do more of the everyday things together like going to the Wat and shopping without buying new tattoos.

One difference I have noticed is the family. The bar lady introduced me to her family the first week we met, they were in Bangkok. The second has only briefly mentioned me to her family and I keep quiet when she is on the phone nightly to her mother.

This is clarify the image of educated girl and bar girl in my head

As a Thai girl who has been discipline with Thai old fashion way of thinking, I still think that some of bar girl are not good enough to have a relationship with.

I am Dee Jai for you kerryk, you have a nice date :)

I see – but do you not think that perhaps it could bebecause psychiatric illnesses are less recognised in Thailand, rather thanbeing less of a problem? Could you elaborate a bit more than you have done,whilst staying within the forum rules..?

I believe that there is an over-diagnosis of psychiatricproblems, sometimes in Western culture, in comparison to Thai culture. Doctorsare more likely to quickly diagnose and dispense drugs to deal with ADHD or OCDetc. Whereas what I see in Thailand is a general attitude of ‘deal with it’ or ‘justlet it go’ or ‘you don’t have a problem’, unless you have a very severedehabilitating mental illness, such as schizophrenia.

One mental illness in Thailand and in Asia which I wouldventure to be very under-diagnosed compared to the West is eating disorders. Itis ‘okay’ or ‘normal’ for Thai (and Asian) women to regularly skip meals, totake (often dangerous) dieting pills and become very unhealthily obsessed withtheir weight, in such a way which would be classed as ‘eating disordered’ inthe West. Especially since these women are not more than 50kg in the firstplace. This is particularly a problem in middle-class and higher-class Thais.However, this is not exclusively so, as in the past decade, there have beenmultiple deaths of Thai girls from poor, rural backgrounds dying from takingdangerous diet pills, often containing amphetamines or other unregulatedsubstances.

I believe that the mentality of conformity and ‘saving face’also makes the people suffering from mental illnesses less likely to admittheir illness to themselves, much less to others. There is great stigmaattached to mental illness in Thailand – it seems that people are often afraidthey may be simply cast off as a hopeless ‘khon baa’ (crazy person).

However, I do think that Buddhism, a large part of Thai culture,is perhaps helpful in some regards, to those who may be on the slippery slopeto mild depression or other mental illnesses – the transcendence of self, ofthe material world, and the awareness of others, of harmony and of karma may bea therapeutic source of comfort and hope to some. I also believe that the strong family unit makes individuals feel less isolated or alone in the world, as perhaps one might do in the West. Are these perhaps some of the reasons you mean when you say that Thai culture is less prone to drive people crazy?

My thoughts are not so universal and apply only to me. Today I am doing what I want to do. Yesterday I did what I wanted to do and tomorrow the same. I do what I want to do every day.

Living in Thailand makes that possible. Very few Thai people want to leave Thailand. Doctors and dentists in Thailand could make a lot more money in other countries but stay in Thailand. Sure some would have to go back to school for a bit but for the most part the reason they don't leave is because they don't want to leave Thailand. I have seen too many American and British diplomas on Thai doctors walls to doubt this fact.

Half the men in the West are on some kind of anti depressant medication. I wouldn't even know where to buy anti depressant medication in Thailand.

That is the what. The why is best answered individually. Thailand has many answers for many people.

or

Because everyone here totally crazy already

Annilicious,

Your friend or any Thai woman of substance must show she is interested in a man. Whether the man is Falang or Thai. Often times they will no approace a woman they think is "Unapproachable".

If a Thai lady is interested in a particular Falang, she should show an interest and even can ask the man to call her or go for some coffee or food.

Annilicious,

Your friend or any Thai woman of substance must show she is interested in a man. Whether the man is Falang or Thai. Often times they will no approace a woman they think is "Unapproachable".

If a Thai lady is interested in a particular Falang, she should show an interest and even can ask the man to call her or go for some coffee or food.

This makes me laugh. I'd never been approached by any farang strangers in my life. Last night, a farang tried to hit on me and i was both scared and happy. Must be something wrong with me :lol:

Annilicious,

This makes me laugh. I'd never been approached by any farang strangers in my life. Last night, a farang tried to hit on me and i was both scared and happy. Must be something wrong with me :lol:

So why didn't you go out with the Farang? What did he do wrong?

Annilicious,

Well, he's 46, married, lives in Hong Kong. Don't think it's a good idea. :D

Annilicious,

Well, he's 46, married, lives in Hong Kong. Don't think it's a good idea. :D

Good thing you got scared. Imagine the poor lady married to this man... it was not you, probably someone else. Just to tell you that there is good farang okay :)

That we can agree on.

I think kerry and I are both generalizing a bit and we do owe you an explanation. Actually, Thai girls that were educated in the west but have returned to Thailand are fine. I know a few. Very traditional Thai in most respects. But the Thai girls (or pretty much any Asian girl) living in the west tend to be a bit phony, in my view. They seem to try so hard to fit in, or become "farang." I don't think they want people to even notice that they're Asian. Perhaps ashamed of their heritage to the point that they try too hard to be something they're not. So even though western educated Thai girls living in Thailand are predominantly not like that, my first impression (if they speak English too fluently) is to think that they are. I'm often wrong. By the way, being able to speak English is not an important criteria for me when it comes to Thai girls. Since I speak Thai, I'm fine with a Thai girl who doesn't speak English. Actually prefer one that doesn't.