Cable Tv Programme Changes

Valentine

I have cable TV from KPP & one channel I liked to watch on occasion was Crime Investigation Network. It has now disappeared & been replaced with Fox Crime which is pretty lame IMO. Just about everytime I check it out there is something about tough police women. Like True the cable companies just change their programming at their whim. True always used to say they changed their programming based upon customer surveys but despite being with them since they arrived on the island as IBC I have never once been asked to take part in a survey.

Back to KPP. There are only a few channels I like to watch such as the sport channel when the rugby is on, Universal, SyFy very occasionally, BBC, Al Jazerrah, Australian Network, CI Network which now appears to be gone, the movie channel which could be much better if they published a list & times of upcoming movies (PA cable does show times in between movies but I feel the rest of their programming is inferior to KPP).

Satellite may be the way to go as Astro look to be run fairly professionally but not sure on guarantee of service if they decide to somehow block the service to Thailand as it seems it is actually pirated unless somebody can tell me how to get a truly legit service. I have said this before but my main concern in the near future is the upcoming Rugby World Cup as I have no real desire to watch it sitting on a bar stool.

Malaysian satelite (dam_n south africans blocking their signals!) is as good as it can get here.. after that is the illegal thai satelites with 100 channels

I personnaly will never pay for TV again in thailand.. I kept losing channels and quality on phuket cable untill its been unwatchable with no good choices.. now i just never open my TV unless im using my xbox or media center.

Edited by seriouseats

6 years never had a problem with Astro. They don't take channels away, they actually give you 1 or 2 new ones every year. Recently added ITV Granada. Talk to Joe at Jaksat.

Do you have a program list? and who is Joe mand where is Joe :)

I have alway liked UBC (i know i must be the only one) but now i think its time to change, they are getting worse, will miss animal planet, discovery, history, NGC.

6 years never had a problem with Astro. They don't take channels away, they actually give you 1 or 2 new ones every year. Recently added ITV Granada. Talk to Joe at Jaksat.

I have alway liked UBC (i know i must be the only one) but now i think its time to change, they are getting worse, will miss animal planet, discovery, history, NGC.

They have everything. Check out http://www.astro.com.my/epg/guide.php

I am interested in knowing who/where Joe/Jaksat is too. I know that there is an Astro agent down past Zoo turnoff and wonder if it is the same - would feel reassured if it is as the shop seems very disorganised!!!

Are all packages or channels available in Thailand ( Phuket ) as mentioned on their website?

Also does anybody have a price idea as to what it cost ?

Setup is around 16500 and that include 1 year free subscription after 1 year around 600B a month, what you see on Astro website is what you get

PM me if you want a contact number

Are all packages or channels available in Thailand ( Phuket ) as mentioned on their website?

Setup is around 16500 and that include 1 year free subscription after 1 year around 600B a month, what you see on Astro website is what you get

Would be interested to know if available in Issan?

Price quoted by HD is from a Phuket supplier so you would have to find a local supplier. You could check JSat to see if they have any agents upcountry.

Edited by Valentine

As well as CI it look as though we’ve also lost Baby TV, shame as my daughter is 5 months old.

That is exactly what I was talking about. Fox Crime is not a patch on CI. There is no guarantee with the cable providers for continuance of programmes that you have when you first sign up. When they were using Multichoice it was so frustrating as they would randomly switch the sports channels. Even though True do occasionally change they do have some semblance of stability in their programming.

• 4 weeks later...

I cant see any mention of the English Premier League....can anyone confirm?

On the Malaysian ASTRO sat. system the English Premier League is shown on ESPN & Star Sports for the earlier kick-off game on Saturday/Sunday and the regular 3pm UK time games. If there is a late game on Saturday night this is usually shown on the AstroSport-3 channel.

On the Malaysian ASTRO sat. system the English Premier League is shown on ESPN & Star Sports for the earlier kick-off game on Saturday/Sunday and the regular 3pm UK time games. If there is a late game on Saturday night this is usually shown on the AstroSport-3 channel.

Ah, thats good. I just read:

ESPN STAR Sports (ESS), Asia’s biggest sports content provider announced today that they have secured a new three-year agreement with the FA Premier League (FAPL) for exclusive rights to Barclays Premier League (BPL) in Malaysia. As a part of this arrangement, for the first time, all 380 matches of BPL will be available to be shown live on ESPN, STAR Sports and Astro channels.

So does that mean that the Astro Super sports and ESPN that are currently airing on Phuket cable will be showing the Premier League matches or are they a separate feed from a far away land? I'm sure that will definitely irritate UBC if cable starts airing Premiership football.

I would assume that Astro's satellite foot print (Malayasia) only covers the far south of Thailand. No doubt members in the north will correct me if they already have service.

Signal extends at least as far as Buriram to my knowledge. Needs at least a 6 foot dish though.

As a result of this thread I have changed, and am now using the contact HD Rider gave. So far good and quick service, now wait how it holds up over time.

Ah, thats good. I just read:

ESPN STAR Sports (ESS), Asia’s biggest sports content provider announced today that they have secured a new three-year agreement with the FA Premier League (FAPL) for exclusive rights to Barclays Premier League (BPL) in Malaysia. As a part of this arrangement, for the first time, all 380 matches of BPL will be available to be shown live on ESPN, STAR Sports and Astro channels.

So does that mean that the Astro Super sports and ESPN that are currently airing on Phuket cable will be showing the Premier League matches or are they a separate feed from a far away land? I'm sure that will definitely irritate UBC if cable starts airing Premiership football.

Not likely. TrueVisions have a true monopoly and don't allow cable companies to show the EPL. Sometimes it appears but not usually for long.

As a result of this thread I have changed, and am now using the contact HD Rider gave. So far good and quick service, now wait how it holds up over time.

How is the picture quality and is all the channels that you see on the website there?

Will have a few weeks before i can get it, UBC is already cancelled :)

How is the picture quality and is all the channels that you see on the website there?

Will have a few weeks before i can get it, UBC is already cancelled :)

Quality is good, service is good (they even return phonecalls), etc.

Only problem so far is that when they have a server problem it has to be reset. And if nobody notices that can take a while.

At first jaksat service is good, but give it time and then service drops off. They picked up a box of mine at least a year ago and it has never been returned,and in fact I saw the principal 3 weeks ago and advised him of this and all I got was, "I'll ask my staff". Repeated messages have gone unanswered and the dreambox is still MIA. I would have saved a ton of dough if I would have just gone with UBC years ago