Cable Tv Programme Changes

Valentine

At first jaksat service is good, but give it time and then service drops off. They picked up a box of mine at least a year ago and it has never been returned,and in fact I saw the principal 3 weeks ago and advised him of this and all I got was, "I'll ask my staff". Repeated messages have gone unanswered and the dreambox is still MIA. I would have saved a ton of dough if I would have just gone with UBC years ago

Called them (Jaksat) and HD Rider's contact last week. Jaksat giuy told me he was in Krabi so could not give any information now ??, but send an email and I'll get back to you. I sent an email but they never got back to me. Mel, the other guy, was quick and informative, so easy choice.

At first jaksat service is good, but give it time and then service drops off. They picked up a box of mine at least a year ago and it has never been returned,and in fact I saw the principal 3 weeks ago and advised him of this and all I got was, "I'll ask my staff". Repeated messages have gone unanswered and the dreambox is still MIA. I would have saved a ton of dough if I would have just gone with UBC years ago

Called them (Jaksat) and HD Rider's contact last week. Jaksat giuy told me he was in Krabi so could not give any information now ??, but send an email and I'll get back to you. I sent an email but they never got back to me. Mel, the other guy, was quick and informative, so easy choice.

So who is Mel?

Yeah, HD, who is Mel? I''d like to add astro to my set up.

Mel is a guy who can ably assist in setting up a satellite system as he has the knowledge & backup through a Thai company & the price he gives you is direct from the Thai guy who he highly recommends as providing good service & backup (Mel does not take any commission, a labour of love really). He normally reads these posts & may send you an SMS. If not PM me & I will send you his number.

• 3 weeks later...
As a result of this thread I have changed, and am now using the contact HD Rider gave. So far good and quick service, now wait how it holds up over time.

And it is not holding up over time, and that time has been short. Very often no reception because 'the server has to be reset', 'there is a problem with the internet at our server', and things like that. Takes about 20 minutes and then programming continues, and of course this only happens at moments you don't want it to happen. Today 3 times, and nothing seems to be done about it.

had astro now for about 5 months, FANTASTIC! 15 HD channels inc axn, axn beyond, hbo, star movies, sundance, nat geo, discovery, history, lifestyle, star sports, plus many others. Picture quality better than UBC I suspect UBC broadcast some kind of lower grade signal and don't just mean on HD, holds on longer in the rain also. Plus apart from the one off set up charge it's cheaper than true moves/UBC top package.

AND no thai channels or comercials, bliss!

Shame I go out so much and you need to remember the 1 hour time diff when looking at the menu.I can however say this is the way to go, I do have local cable but the house rule is it is not on until I am out.