A New And Horrifying Experience

oscardog

Well I recently bought a small apartment in Pattaya as an escape from a busy life in Chiang Mai. Yesterday we stopped at a pizza shop LOCATION REMOVED. I don't know the name. I ordered a ham and mushroom pizza. shortly after the order was placed, a postage size pizza appeared. The sauce appeared to be nothing but ketchup and the ham was tiny slices of cold super marker prepared ham. Really I've lived in the south of France 20 km from Italy and i've lived in the states. I promise you this was inedible. I paid for it and left it uneaten . It's not possible that I business can produce this kind of rubbish and remain in business. There are so many wonderful restaurants in Pattaya and I'm sorry that I found a horrible one.

Edited by Rimmer
Location removed

so be warned: there is a place in Pattaya that serves postage size inedible pizza.

This warning is now incredibly helpful.

I am thinking about posting a guide on how to criticize a restaurant without technically saying anything bad.

After seeing how well-meant warnings get censored by moderation to be in line with Thai Laws on libel and defamation, I propose we compile a list of formulas to help people complain without technically saying anything bad at all.

Complain on taste/preparation:

- a welcome reminder of why another restaurant is your favorite

- the taste helps to keep a slim body

Complain on portion size:

- children will be happy because they won't have to share.

- portions allow to taste several dishes without leaving food on the table.

Complain on wait time:

- until the order arrives, you can comfortably get some work done on your laptop

etc.

Basically it is seeing the small positives and inflating them instead of telling the negatives.

Maybe you can come up with more examples?

What about this rewrite, would it pass moderation?

Well I recently bought a small apartment in Pattaya as an escape from a busy life in Chiang Mai. Yesterday we stopped at a pizza shop LOCATION REMOVED. I don't know the name. I ordered a ham and mushroom pizza. shortly after the order was placed, a pizza appeared that was perfectly sized for children who would be very happy not to share. The sauce was also children-friendly as it appeared to be ketchup which children like so much.

Really I've lived in the south of France 20 km from Italy and i've lived in the states. I promise you this pizza really will help you to keep a slim body.

I paid for it and left.

The place is a welcome reminder of the quality restaurants can sometimes deliver.

Edited by manarak

I regularly post both negative and positive reviews here and I sincerely hope people aren't cowered from posting negative reviews if that's how they feel. Reviews without names of the place are totally worthless. BTW, yes such places can indeed stay in business based on tourist one offs and then of course people with low standards in general.

Edited by Jingthing

What about this rewrite:

Well I recently bought a small apartment in Pattaya as an escape from a busy life in Chiang Mai. Yesterday we stopped at a pizza shop next to a country house or estate, esp. when large or luxurious. I don't know the name of the pizza shop or the market. I ordered a ham and mushroom pizza. Shortly after the order was placed, a pizza appeared that was perfectly sized for children with exceedingly small appetites. The sauce was also children-friendly as it appeared to be ketchup which children like so much.

Really I've lived in the south of France 20 km from Italy and i've lived in the states. I promise you this pizza really will help you to keep the weight off.

I paid for it and left, leaving the pizza behind as a tip.

The place is a welcome reminder of the quality restaurants can sometimes deliver.

Edited by Thailaw

so be warned: there is a place in Pattaya that serves postage size inedible pizza.

This warning is now incredibly helpful.

I am thinking about posting a guide on how to criticize a restaurant without technically saying anything bad.

:lol:

After seeing how well-meant warnings get censored by moderation to be in line with Thai Laws on libel and defamation, I propose we compile a list of formulas to help people complain without technically saying anything bad at all.

Complain on taste/preparation:

- a welcome reminder of why another restaurant is your favorite

- the taste helps to keep a slim body

Complain on portion size:

- children will be happy because they won't have to share.

- portions allow to taste several dishes without leaving food on the table.

Complain on wait time:

- until the order arrives, you can comfortably get some work done on your laptop

etc.

Basically it is seeing the small positives and inflating them instead of telling the negatives.

Maybe you can come up with more examples?

What about this rewrite, would it pass moderation?

Well I recently bought a small apartment in Pattaya as an escape from a busy life in Chiang Mai. Yesterday we stopped at a pizza shop LOCATION REMOVED. I don't know the name. I ordered a ham and mushroom pizza. shortly after the order was placed, a pizza appeared that was perfectly sized for children who would be very happy not to share. The sauce was also children-friendly as it appeared to be ketchup which children like so much.

Really I've lived in the south of France 20 km from Italy and i've lived in the states. I promise you this pizza really will help you to keep a slim body.

I paid for it and left.

when I sent in my observation of this restaurant, I didn't name it because I blanked out that information from my memory. I simple described the approximate location and the decor of the restaurant. It had pictures on the wall of a farang owner and his Thai wife That's all

If the thread is pointless then it can be easily closed but in the meantime I would draw your attention to the following rule:

(6) Not to post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

I hope we are all clear on this now.

If the thread is pointless then it can be easily closed but in the meantime I would draw your attention to the following rule:

(6) Not to post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

I hope we are all clear on this now.

Interesting thread and certainly a few laughs.

However I'm not sure a negative restaurant review could be construed as libel or defamation ?

Makes a change from the reviews in the local papers which seem to praise most places to the skies. Miss Tery Diner (ha ha !) for example !

Simon