Anyone Know The Name Of This Fern?

This plant, although spore bearing, is not directly a fern, but belongs to the Lycopodiales, family Lycopodiaceae. I believe in English they are called club mosses. Its scientific name is Lycopodium nummularifolium. It is found in the south of Thailand. In Nakorn Srithammarat it is called ยมโดยเกล็ดหอย while in Pattani it is called ระย้าเกล็ดหอย. It was first decribed by Blume from Java in 1827 who named it after the shape of its leaves (nummularifolium = leaves like coins).

Erwin

This plant, although spore bearing, is not directly a fern, but belongs to the Lycopodiales, family Lycopodiaceae. I believe in English they are called club mosses. Its scientific name is Lycopodium nummularifolium. It is found in the south of Thailand. In Nakorn Srithammarat it is called ยมโดยเกล็ดหอย while in Pattani it is called ระย้าเกล็ดหอย. It was first decribed by Blume from Java in 1827 who named it after the shape of its leaves (nummularifolium = leaves like coins).

Erwin

Haha, That's a better answer than i could have ever hoped for, thanks very much. If i was wearing a hat i'd take it off to you sir!laugh.gif