How Low Can You Get

dave111223

This guy decided to stop and steal a pair 10 year old dirty flip flops (you know the kind that cost like 60baht when new). They belonged to an employee that he uses cleaning behind the shop; I wouldn't touch these things with a stick; he puts them straight into his backpack...

I just don't get it, can someone be so hard up they have a steal something like this?

(Sorry for the bad video quality, i wasn't sure how to convert the .DAV security videos to .AVI, so had to use a screen capture program)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V51MaOeGwLI

http://youtu.be/V51MaOeGwLI

Edited by dave111223

I think to some, steeling is more about the thrill than the prize. Just read the newspaper, everyday some individual with means is caught shoplifting.…………Maybe he some perv and he likes the smell, or taste.

Edited by Tonto21

No good for you to identify the thief - considered printing some stills up of local light poles?

The value of the flip flops is less than the cost of printing 1 color page.

When i watched the video i fully expected to see one of those cardboard collecting bum types, or someone carrying 5 cats put the flip-flops on as ear muffs... but this dude seems to be reasonably dressed, sneakers and backpack i just can't figure out his deal...

I just hope he doesn't have the misfortune of walking back pass the shop and getting spotted by the aggrieved employee...

Edited by dave111223

Looks like he left a pair, didn't he...?

It's actually a hose pipe (i thought it was another pair of flip flops too at first).

The shoe rack itself, the garden hose and even one of the plants have more value that the flip flops (i guess those things wouldn't fit into the backpack?).

I think to some, steeling is more about the thrill than the prize. Just read the newspaper, everyday some individual with means is caught shoplifting.…………Maybe he some perv and he likes the smell, or taste.

like some perv like the smell of used underwear....some others might like this smell....

I see from the video captured video pixels that you have plenty of room to build a hide. Once this is complete, arm yourself with a net and a cattle prod. When the [would be] thief comes back for another pair, he will you know, jump out of the hide and net the bugger.

Once you have the thief well and truly tied up, you can then proceed with the cattle prod to pry the whereabouts of the first pair of thongs from the thief. Don't forget to document all the proceedings with a stick on mini HD head cam.

Good luck. :jap:

Edited by RogueExpat

I agree that it's all about the juice. Consider that flip-flops are much more comfortable to wear after awhile, and you can always wash them. However, for 60 baht, it's a little looney. Think big. Like Winona and Lindsey (I think).

I wonder what his sign-in name is on Thai Visa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V51MaOeGwLI&feature=player_embedded

got to be Ulysses G.

i often wondered what you looked like and what you did in your spare time in Chiang Mai when not looking after the business outlets and posting on TV. biggrin.gif

or could it be a major competitor or ex employee you rubbed up the wrong way. laugh.gif

Edited by tigerfish