Cant Afford Overstay Fee Due To Ripoff Scam

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE

I managed to sell some stuff and am now in the possession of 14500 baht so that is good. minus the airport taxi and a toasty from 711 for breakfast im looking at 14000 so hopefulyy i will be able to pull 6 grand out of my ass and leave in one piece. Many thanks to all who offered advice whether good, bad ir just plain crazy. I will post an update the next chance i get.

UPDATE

I managed to sell some stuff and am now in the possession of 14500 baht so that is good. minus the airport taxi and a toasty from 711 for breakfast im looking at 14000 so hopefulyy i will be able to pull 6 grand out of my ass and leave in one piece. Many thanks to all who offered advice whether good, bad ir just plain crazy. I will post an update the next chance i get.

Next time you visit Thailand, you should always have a plan B. Good luck. :)

UPDATE

next time if and when you revisit thailand,

pm me.... you are welcome to stay with us for a while, K?

good luck to you. you got the spirit to great success. :)

Feel sorry for you... US Embassy is the best bet. Take all your documents and explain your situation. The very best of luck.

Best to be avoided. As they generally have little sympathy concerning these matters. The possible help has a price...

For the pittance that he has to pay for overstay charges, he might look to borrow from a private party - family, friends, etc.

I am seriously freaking out. Will the embassy help me with this? Truth be told I dont have any real family. I left home at 14... Thats over 15 years ago now. Im just an independent nomad who is now caught in a web that seems impossible to escape from. Are there any other ways out of the country without a border? I cant even stand the thought of Prison. My flight leaves in 2 days and I have to be on it. I feel like I have no control of this situation. I just want to rewind to a week ago and be sat on the beach with a Singha. There is absolutely no way on earth to raise that kind of money in 2 days. I will have to go to the embassy tomorrow and pray my ass off.

I think there is a good, but not definite, chance that the U.S. Embassy will lend you money. A friend of mine got stuck in Europe without any money and they lent him money for a plane ticket. He had to pay it back and according to him it was quite expensive but it did get him back to the U.S.

Some things to remember are to dress as nicely as possible when you visit, be very polite, and commit to paying back the money, including signing any legally binding paperwork...

Good luck.

That is not a scam.<br><br>You messed with their apartment and they want you to fix it back to how it was before. You can't go painting rented rooms without explicit consent. <br><br>12,000 baht as emergency fund? How stupid can you be?<br><br>Not to mention working ILLEGALLY on tourist visa, and doing border runs for a year. Then you go to preach on about scams? You are not even operating inside the law yourself!<br><br>Now you want to avoid the fees for staying in Thailand ILLEGALLY? <br><br>Time to man up and be responsible for your actions in life mate. <br><br>Get the money and pay it before you get your ass tossed into jail. <br><br>It amazes me people can be this stupid in life. <br>

That is not a scam.<br><br>You messed with their apartment and they want you to fix it back to how it was before. You can't go painting rented rooms without explicit consent. <br><br>12,000 baht as emergency fund? How stupid can you be?<br><br>Not to mention working ILLEGALLY on tourist visa, and doing border runs for a year. Then you go to preach on about scams? You are not even operating inside the law yourself!<br><br>Now you want to avoid the fees for staying in Thailand ILLEGALLY? <br><br>Time to man up and be responsible for your actions in life mate. <br><br>Get the money and pay it before you get your ass tossed into jail. <br><br>It amazes me people can be this stupid in life. <br>

+ 1

Is anybody here in BKK? I do have stuff to sell or give as collateral. I have a taylor guitar and a HD waterproof video camera. I only need 10,000 more as I managed to sell my dive computer yesterday but its hard to sell stuff without a pawn shop. where can I sell stuff? im on khaosan now awaiting my fate. Im afraid to go to the embassy or the airport. Any ideas guys? AND thank you all for the sound advice. I need a valium..

At which point on ingesting Valium you've probably committed another offence unless prescribed from a quack !!

I would suggest that your tales of Diving etc are a ruse to gain sympathy and in fact quite simply you've overstayed (which many including me have done)

The fine may well be capped at 20k but don't rely on that being the absolute maximum penalty as its not.

Is anybody here in BKK? I do have stuff to sell or give as collateral. I have a taylor guitar and a HD waterproof video camera. I only need 10,000 more as I managed to sell my dive computer yesterday but its hard to sell stuff without a pawn shop. where can I sell stuff? im on khaosan now awaiting my fate. Im afraid to go to the embassy or the airport. Any ideas guys? AND thank you all for the sound advice. I need a valium..

"30 day extension... by travel agency... didnt work".... "rewind".... "Singha".... "valium".....

OP on 29th is flat broke on Koh Tao. One day later selling personal effects on Khaosan Road?

I understand the problem now.

Edited by NanLaew

"30 day extension... by travel agency... didnt work".... "rewind".... "Singha".... "valium".....

OP on 29th is flat broke on Koh Tao. One day later selling personal effects on Khaosan Road?

I understand the problem now.

Often wonder if people read posts ! The OP posted he had been living there and lost his money when leaving the place he had rented for almost a year.. also on the 29th he said he was in khaosan Rd BKK + his flight out was in 2 days from BKK

a divemaster,skint and overstayed,have you been muff diving ? next time try and keep your head above water,you want to hope customs in hawaii havent been reading this.

All these forums are monitored by agencies.

This I can personally Guarantee !!!!

Change heading to "Can't afford overstay due to lack of planning". It seems that Thailand is full of farangs who think they can break the rules and just pay some money to cover it. So for others already here, make sure you plan ahead a little, or you may end up in a situation like this one day. Overstay and maybe one day they will amend the rules and not let you back into Thailand again. If you want to be here then at least have the courtesy to follow the rules. Compared to most other countries the rules are very reasonable, so there's no excuse not to follow them.

Compared to most other countries the rules are very reasonable, so there's no excuse not to follow them.

at least compared to the neighbouring countrys the visa rules are very strict and not reasonable, so i dont see why it must be so much more complicated to live longterm in thailand with sufficient funds (ok the threadstarter is far away from this). at least in malaysia and in cambodia its more easy, didnt check laos...

good luck to the threadstarter!