Visatrip To Sihanoukville For A Double Entry Tourist Visa

...and start explaining that I didn't pay for a customs stamp and that it was THB 300, so I owed him THB 300...

I guess, he really made a loss with you :D . When I was on the way back, there are 2 counters from the Khmer Immigration (with 3 officers inside that time). But they took only passports at one of these counters, although there were 15 foreigners or even more waiting. But some of the touts got money from foreigners and gave their passports to the second counter, where they didn't take passports, with some money inside. So they got the stamps, even without their last "innovation" - the fingerprint scan; while the money moved below the desk :D

I've never seen another border checkpoint in Southeast Asia with more scams then Koh Kong - on the Cambodian side of course. In a way, I felt happy, when I was back in Thailand...

And in 3 months I have to go there again, with all my belongings (furniture, motorbike etc.). So I wonder now already, what kind of surprises waiting for me :( But good luck, it's really only Koh Kong. In Sihanoukville I never got scammed like in Koh Kong. Not more at least then anywhere else in Asia... :)

I just made the trip to Sihanoukville. I made it from Mae Sot, so totally about 1.500 km's.

I had 2 double entry tv's in my passport, both from last year. But I only got a single entry because (honestly a joke) I had a overstay of 2 days (first time ever I had overstay).

But it's ok for me, as I want to leave Thailand anyway, as I'm tired of all that border- and visaruns. I lived in Cambodia before and I just came back to Thailand to do my (Thai) ex gf a favor. But anyway we finished and I want to leave. I just thought, double entry give me more time to arrange things.

But now I could arrange everything in Cambodia (rented a house already and also can start working again and immediately at a friends office) so enough time to prepare for moving :)

The visa itself: all they asked, was a bank statement from a Thai bank.

Why I write this:

If someone wants to make the same trip (but anyway I guess, Poipet is the same), just some warnings about the scams in Koh Kong.

They really found some new methods and really everyone, I had contact with at Koh Kong, tried to scam me. Everyone - incl. Khmer immigration.

If you just want to apply for a 30 days tourist visa (you can't extend it in Cambodia), I really suggest, apply for it online (E-Visa). It costs $25 and within 3 days you get it. At the border the immigration ask for 1.100 Baht, what is about $36.

If you use a motor-taxi, don't pay more then 50 Baht (they will ask for 100) and another 20 Baht for the toll fee (which is in fact only 1.000 Riel).

Tell them, you want to go straight to the bus terminal, otherwise more problems start: they ask you, if you go by bus and they also tell you, they are not sure, if they (agents, bus companies) are willing to take Thai Baht. And so they suggest you to exchange some money. I read of even more worst scams, but usually they try to explain '1.000 Baht is 100.000 Riel'. That's wrong! They say, since the war the Thai Baht went down so much. And many tourists are not sure and change their money. And start Cambodia with some nice losses (1.000 Thai Baht is usually about 130.000 Riel).

And anyway you never need Riel. You can change money in Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and Sihanoukville w/o any problems and scams. And you will get US-$ (and Riel just like coins), because the bus companies also take Thai Baht of course.

But pay directly at the bus to the driver - never use an agent. I went to Sihanoukville and such an agent asked for 550 Baht ($18) while the normal price is between $7 (travel agency) and $5.50 (bus company).

So, make an e-visa ($25), go straight (for 50 Baht plus 1.000 Riel or 10 Baht for the toll fee) to the bus terminal without any money exchange (as not needed) and pay the ticket fee to the bus driver only.

I met many people who believed the taxi drivers the war/Thai Baht story and they got scammed for amounts between $100 and $200. Also don't buy cigarettes atthe border as they are more expensive then in an average supermarket.

If you decide to stay in Koh Kong, go straight to your hotel or guesthouse w/o money exchange (anyway they use Thai Baht in Koh Kong) and don't believe the exchange quote of 1:100 (1.000 Baht is 100.000 Riel). It's a scam!

On Airasia there is a promotion currently , i booked my flight to Phnompenh for a total of 2570 bath (roundtrip-flight) it is an early booking for as my double entry + extensions end....

Subject: Your AirAsia booking has been confirmed.

To:

Date: Wednesday, 14 September 2011, 15:25

Booking Confirmation

Thank you for choosing AirAsia.

Your booking has been confirmed and your travel itinerary will be emailed to you very soon.

Booking Number: Booking Date: Wed 14 Sep 2011

Guest Details:

Name

Flight Information:

Date Flight Depart Arrive

Wed 29 Feb

FD 3616 BKK (BKK) 15:15 PNH (PNH) 16:20

Thu 08 Mar

FD 3617 PNH (PNH) 17:05 BKK (BKK) 18:15

Inflight Services:

FD 3616 BKK-PNH

Guest Seat SSR Information

FD 3617 PNH-BKK

Guest Seat SSR Information

Total Fare Price : 2390.00 THB

Total Fees : 180.00 THB

Total Amount : 2570.00 THB

Payment(s)

Date Type Amount

14Sep11 Master Card : 2570.00 THB

Balance Due : 0.00 THB

• 2 months later...

-SCUBABUDDHA-

Phuketrichard is right, Food, Thaifood and Falang-Barangfood are easy to get in combination.

near the Lions Circle up to Sokha beach from an Austrian-German Restaurant-Schnitzelwirt Owner, Christian, with his Thai GF,

from the Austrian Beergarden Rest. in the middle of the town-main road, side-Soi, Roman with his Thai GF

from the German Freedom Htl Rest. in the middle of the town, side-Soi, Stefan with his Thai GF.

and some more.jap.gif

SCubaBuddha

Ana told me something strange before sending my passport off which I still don't understand. She said several times, "We can no longer get you a 6 month visa. You must understand that this is a 3 month visa only, NOT a 6 month visa." I asked if it was going to be double entry even showing her my used double entry TV, and she said, "Yes." So I explained to her how with extensions and properly timed border bounce it could be up to 6 months. She was adamant it was "Not like that." I assume she doesn't understand how it works, and that someone probably told her that "The visa has a 3 month validity" which of course refers to the fact that you must use the first entry within 3 months. Anyone has any ideas let me know. Anyway, the visa I got is a regular dual entry tourist visa. Nothing special.

---------------------

Look carefully at your dual entry visa. Is it stamped somewhere with something similar to "This visa must be used by (date)?

I think what she was trying to explain may be that BOTH of those two entries must be made by that date. Yes it is a double entry visa but it is only valid for that 2nd entry if it is used BEFORE that stamped date.

So one day before that date you make a border run to the nearest border, cross the border, then return. When you do you will get another 60 day stamp. That second 60 day stamp can be extended in Thailand at the immigration for 30 days....so that double entry visa becomes:

first entry-60 day stamp. But actually you do border run on day 59 so equals 59 days

second entry - 60 days so equals 60 days

extension on the second 60 day visa for 30 days so equals 30 days

-----------------------

total 149 days

Check your visa carefully if that is what it says.

If so, use that stategy I suggested to max your time.

I believe there is a 1900 Baht fee for that extension, but it's cheaper than another full blown visa trip to Cambodia.

:D

You're giving away 30 days doing it that way.

Get an extension on your first 60 days - total 90 days.

Do you second entry at 90 days just before the visa expires.

Total 180 days

• 2 months later...

SCubaBuddha

Ana told me something strange before sending my passport off which I still don't understand. She said several times, "We can no longer get you a 6 month visa. You must understand that this is a 3 month visa only, NOT a 6 month visa." I asked if it was going to be double entry even showing her my used double entry TV, and she said, "Yes." So I explained to her how with extensions and properly timed border bounce it could be up to 6 months. She was adamant it was "Not like that." I assume she doesn't understand how it works, and that someone probably told her that "The visa has a 3 month validity" which of course refers to the fact that you must use the first entry within 3 months. Anyone has any ideas let me know. Anyway, the visa I got is a regular dual entry tourist visa. Nothing special.

---------------------

Look carefully at your dual entry visa. Is it stamped somewhere with something similar to "This visa must be used by (date)?

I think what she was trying to explain may be that BOTH of those two entries must be made by that date. Yes it is a double entry visa but it is only valid for that 2nd entry if it is used BEFORE that stamped date.

So one day before that date you make a border run to the nearest border, cross the border, then return. When you do you will get another 60 day stamp. That second 60 day stamp can be extended in Thailand at the immigration for 30 days....so that double entry visa becomes:

first entry-60 day stamp. But actually you do border run on day 59 so equals 59 days

second entry - 60 days so equals 60 days

extension on the second 60 day visa for 30 days so equals 30 days

-----------------------

total 149 days

Check your visa carefully if that is what it says.

If so, use that stategy I suggested to max your time.

I believe there is a 1900 Baht fee for that extension, but it's cheaper than another full blown visa trip to Cambodia.

biggrin.gif

You're giving away 30 days doing it that way.

Get an extension on your first 60 days - total 90 days.

Do you second entry at 90 days just before the visa expires.

Total 180 days

Just came across these replies....Yes that is how I understood it. BOTH entries need to be before the expiration date. I did not explain that correctly.

• 9 months later...

Has anyone done a double entry visa service from Sihanoukville recently? Things in the visa world change fast and I'm considering this route but would hate to get there and find out they no longer allow this.

Thanks,

Mark

The Visa service will still work in Sihanoukville, if you want to know for sure, I can provide a Tel. Nr. PM me.

Or contact Ana Travel Visa service, http://www.sihanoukville-cambodia.com/sihanoukville-businesses/anainternet.html

But same its posted already, could be only 1 Entry. 2 entry still available in Vientiane, as far as I know.

Has anyone done a double entry visa service from Sihanoukville recently? Things in the visa world change fast and I'm considering this route but would hate to get there and find out they no longer allow this.

Thanks,

Mark

The Visa service will still work in Sihanoukville, if you want to know for sure, I can provide a Tel. Nr. PM me.

Or contact Ana Travel Visa service, http://www.sihanoukv...nainternet.html

But same its posted already, could be only 1 Entry. 2 entry still available in Vientiane, as far as I know.

Double entry tourist visas haven't been issued from Phnom Penh in over a year. Was over there a few weeks ago...only single entries.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I hadn,t paid attention to the dates...I am hoping to leave LOS soon and apply for a double entry tourist visa..is this possible?where do I have to travel to?I am an Irish citizen.Thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-I8262 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The only thing I can say is that your GF shouldn't have been charged.

Thai passport holders get 15 day entry stamp for nothing.

I thought it was 14 days. The 200 Baht fee is a so called "overtime fee" which basically means every minute the Cambodian official is working is overtime.

as to Cambodia tourist visa ( $20) it CAN be extended once for 30 days addtioanl

If u need more apply for an Oridnary ( business visa) for $25 ONLY availabe at the aiport and some borders,

The Evisa is ONLY a tourist visa ( you can not get a ordinary ) visa online and costs $25 +3 processing charge and NOT good for all borders. so check first

http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh/