Phone Thailand From Us?

sunee

Hello,

I want to know what kind of phone service you use from Pennsylvania, United States to Thailand? Or your family? I feel my phone is very expensive so I am wondering.

Please excuse my English! I am a student and learning.

Thank you,

Sunee

I use the EasyAnywhere card from www.thaitel.com

Good sound quality and good price. 

kenk3z

Have to agree on the EasyAnywhere. I used it in the USA for a number of years and it seemed to me to be the best deal going for a cheap, decent quality phone call to Thailand. :o

A PIN number is a good thing because it helps prevent possible fraudulent charges if someone intercepts your card number somehow (via the E-Mail message path). You can keep the same PIN number with EasyAnywhere for a long time, just keep the card (re)charged.

I seem to remember the last time I added credit to the EasyAnywhere card, there was some kind of foreign exchange fee involved. Apparently the charge is booked in Thailand and credit card companies are making more profits these days on international charges.

We also use the card sometimes for a few domestic calls because we have a long distance carrier that is a little more expensive (but charges no monthly fee).

EasyAnywhere doesn't seem to have an expiration date, at least not on the recharges, so it works quite well for light calling.

Tried several others, and settled on this one as the best deal for the type of calling we do to Thailand.

kenk3z

Edited by kenk3z

Hello,

I want to know what kind of phone service you use from Pennsylvania, United States to Thailand? Or your family? I feel my phone is very expensive so I am wondering.

Thank you,

Sunee

I haven't used any phone cards that I've liked (although, I haven't tried EasyAnywhere as others have suggested). The quality was just too poor. I settled on Pingo (www.pingo.com). It costs $0.05/minute to a Bangkok land line, or $0.06/minute to mobiles or any other phone in Thailand. The quality is much better than any phone card that I've used.

Some of the features I like are it's nice professional looking web page, its pin-pass feature allows you to enter telephone numbers you can use Pingo from without typing in the pin, it can be used to call the US from Thailand (although at a MUCH higher rate, but good for emergencies), and I like that I can easily view my call log. This last feature was especially nice when applying for my wifes fiancée visa as evidence of a bonafide relationship.

Edited by daveh

Hello,

Thank you,

Sunee

Phone cards in the US are dependent on what state you are in so a card good in PA is not necessarily good in Ohio. Although not ideal, Skype or MSN or Yahoo or Google all have free PC2PC voice but that depends on the speed of the line in Thailand more than anything else, and that depends on the time of day..

Hello,

Thank you,

Sunee

Phone cards in the US are dependent on what state you are in so a card good in PA is not necessarily good in Ohio. Although not ideal, Skype or MSN or Yahoo or Google all have free PC2PC voice but that depends on the speed of the line in Thailand more than anything else, and that depends on the time of day..

I would reccomend Skype. It seems to work for me. Clarity generally is great. Price works as well. :o Broadband connection as kidtongue suggeted for your recipient would be helpful.

I've used iDPhoneCard for a couple of years. One nice feature is that you can set up several numbers in your profile. I use my U.S. mobile, and my fixed line. Then when you ring the iDPhoneCard 8xx number it recognizes your CPID (calling party id, i.e. your phone number) and bypasses the whole PIN thing. You can of course call another 8xx access number form any phone, and deal with the PIN thing.