Pheu Thai: Thailand To Overcome Poverty By 2020

webfact

PHEU THAI PARTY

Thailand to overcome poverty by 2020

By The Nation

Thailand is projected to overcome poverty by 2020 when a university graduate will earn Bt30,000 per month for entry job and the minimum wage is expected to rise to Bt1,000 per day, if Pheu Thai wins the July 3 vote.

Pheu Thai candidate Yingluck Shinawatra has unveiled her party's Vision 2020 Statement, posted for the first time on her Facebook page coinciding with the home stretch of campaigning.

"I present Vision 2020 with the hope to help my fellow Thais to form a decision ahead of election day," Yingluck said yesterday in her Facebook message.

She said Pheu Thai, if elected to administer the country, would strive to achieve some 20 targets within the next nine years or two terms of office.

Key targets include the followings:

- Gross national income to reach Bt24 trillion enabling every Thai to live above the poverty line, every family to own a home and every farmer to own a plot.

- Salary for entry job to start at Bt30,000 and daily minimum wage at Bt1,000.

- Good public health care for every Thai, freed from illicit drugs.

- World-class education instilled with moral and ethics.

- Numbers of business proprietors to double.

- Bangkok commuter transport system to complete with 10 train routes fuelling the development of satellite towns.

- High-speed train and rail transport services to complete nationwide, cutting logistic cost by 25 per cent.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-06-30

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All completely believable promises.

Doing what no western nation has been able to achieve - everyone living above the poverty line, AND everyone owning house and land.

Minimum wage increases of on average 16% per year, and graduate salaries increasing 10% per year.

Does the current Health care system provide illicit drugs?

A Red school in every village teaching "morals" and "ethics". :blink:

Number of businesses to double ... not if they have to pay those wages.

All completely believable promises.

Doing what no western nation has been able to achieve - everyone living above the poverty line, AND everyone owning house and land.

Minimum wage increases of on average 16% per year, and graduate salaries increasing 10% per year.

Does the current Health care system provide illicit drugs?

A Red school in every village teaching "morals" and "ethics". :blink:

Number of businesses to double ... not if they have to pay those wages.

Will anyone dare to call these people liars when it doesn't happen? Anyone for a (at this inflationary rate at least) 1,000,000,000,000,000 baht defamation suit?

After the 1929 economic crisis the Nazi mouvement started in the same way. Longtime supported by the people, the big companies and other respected institutions (Vatikan) - results= Holocaust, Second World War.

No comparision with Thailand, but I remember history.

Of course, it's just lies to grab total power, and this time, never to let go. Sure all politicians lie but no educated public in a real democracy would actually fall for the super BIG lies of these promises. Well, I take it back, sometimes they do, but it always ends in tears.

Edited by Jingthing

"Salary for entry level job to start at Bt30,000 "... well considering that is the BASE salary level for foreigners (NATIVE SPEAKERS) (with experience and at least a master's degree as a requirement) teaching in a government university and has been at the same level for about five years at least...will the salary for the foreigners teaching also finally rise or will only the Thai salary for entry level workers rise to this level ?

Or do they expect, " with their world class education", they will not need anymore native speakers to help them learn to speak English? I guess they expect they will have learned all they need by the time the ASEAN 2015 provisions are in place.

My friends with Thai children are waiting to get their free IPADs also...

The "policies" the PT keep unveiling are going from crazy to extremely ridiculous. Do they really believe the population is that stupid or ignorant to buy into their fantsies? I guess we will find out on July 3 the answers to this last question.

- World-class education instilled with moral and ethics...

:blink: That will take longer than 9 years...

Always good to aim for the stars, but c'mon!

2 or 3 bogus promises usually come out of all campaigns but they just threw caution to the wind. But, I bet lots of folks believe it 100%. :unsure:

TheWalkingMan

The "policies" the PT keep unveiling are going from crazy to extremely ridiculous. Do they really believe the population is that stupid or ignorant to buy into their fantsies? I guess we will find out on July 3 the answers to this last question.

Sure they believe it. I do too. Sigh.

There are no policies. They don't debate the political issues. They have no ideology. But they offer bribes and promises.

This country gets what it deserves and rightly so. We are often told it is not our business or concern so lets just watch as the place continues its down spiral to annihilation.

This cult of personality, we had one Thaksin now there's another of the blood line, and yet the neighbours and history shows this is not the way to go.

The people are ignorant and ill informed. Therefore, are easily led.

If the false promises wins them over then they deserve what they get.

At the end of the day does anyone really care? The place is backward from top to bottom.

Slow internet, no broadband, power cuts, water cut off, crap roads, endemic corruption, superstitious tree fearing people etc etc.

It's third world heading for fourth.

Next.

- World-class education instilled with moral and ethics...

:blink: That will take longer than 9 years...

Always good to aim for the stars, but c'mon!

2 or 3 bogus promises usually come out of all campaigns but they just threw caution to the wind. But, I bet lots of folks believe it 100%. :unsure:

TheWalkingMan

2 OR 3 Bogus Promises. A week???? :ph34r:

Of course, it's just lies to grab total power, and this time, never to let go. Sure all politicians lie but no educated public in a real democracy would actually fall for the super BIG lies of these promises. Well, I take it back, sometimes they do, but it always ends in tears.

German people did. Teachers, Doctors, Professors (Martin Heidegger, world wide known as Guru of Existentiel Philosophy) worked in the Nazi system.

I hope Thai people are more intelligent than the German Elite at that time.

A direct palgiarism of the Malaysian government's Wawasan (vision) 2020. And that was started back in 1991, giving 29 years to achieve it. Now Yingluck tells us she'll do it in 9. Thaksin copies, PTP acts.

2 OR 3 Bogus Promises. A week???? :ph34r:

Hub of Bogus Promises ? ! :D

One wonders if this is an example of what Ms Yingluck learned, while running her brother's company, in-training/cloning for running the country. <_< Big-business must have changed since my day. :lol:

Edited by Ricardo

A direct palgiarism of the Malaysian government's Wawasan (vision) 2020. And that was started back in 1991, giving 29 years to achieve it. Now Yingluck tells us she'll do it in 9. Thaksin copies, PTP acts.

Has anyone noticed there have been NO pro reds answering this topic to date, are they shy about losing face, or is it that they cannot agree with the unthinkable ????

9 years to eliminate poverty???

He's slipping... it used to be 3 years.

Defiant Thaksin refuses to budge

Ubon Ratchathani — Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra Monday told an election rally in this northeastern province that he would not resign as called on by his opponents.

Thaksin told the rally that he had done nothing wrong and he was elected and mandated to run the country by the "People's Constitution".

Thaksin also denounced the rallies against him in Bangkok as being financed and organised by those who had lost interest because of the government's policies.

Thaksin asked the voters to empower and give him mandate again by voting for the Thai Rak Thai in the April 2 election.

Thaksin said he would go on serving the country as the prime minister and would try to eliminate poverty within three years.

Source: The Nation - 13 Feb 2006

Numbers of business proprietors to double

I'm not sure how she came up with that forecasted value (probably plucked out of thin air instead of statistical analysis and research), but I think what is actually likely to happen is the Shinawatra's business empire to double in size.

Edited by hyperdimension

and 4 months before that he was also going to eradicate slums in 3 years...

Thailand will be 'slum-free' by 2008, says PM

BANGKOK: -- The government plans to declare Thailand a 'slum-free' country over the next three years, according to Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

--TNA 2005-10-05

- Gross national income to reach Bt24 trillion enabling every Thai to live above the poverty line, every family to own a home and every farmer to own a plot.

2010 gdp 9.5 trillion baht. So to get to 24 trillion baht, it requires 10% growth per year for the next 10 years. VERY LIKELY just need to vote Thaksin

I particulary like the "freed from illicit drugs"

One could suggest based on what I have read in the OP that the person coming up with this rather impressive list was actually indulging in said drugs at the time of writing

We know all politians are pathological liars, but this has to rank somewhere in the top 3 world ranking of political porkies.

Thailand - a regional hub of broken promises