One Of A Thai Girl I Know Got This E-Mail

dunkin2012

So what do you guys think? i guess this is from a dating website.

unfortunately her personal info. can't be shown. h

i don't have any data on how much Thai girls has been trapped.

th.9e1583cc95.jpg

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/9e1583cc95.jpg

Sweet,40.gif

How are you doing,hope fine.Well i intend to give you a surprise visit there in ur country

but an emergency erupted for me i am among a team of Marine Engineers sent to go into the high sea and recover a wrecked Submarine for my Country, Although i ve not told you,i am a Marine Engineer of ten years standind but i left for buisness when i lost my Daddy, to manage his inventions. The gifts i bought you are,

One Diamond Necklace and Bangle,

One Diamond Wrist watch,

One Leather Handbag,

One Laptop Computer.

I opened the batery cage and put in ten thousand British pounds(gbp10,000.00) please use half of this money for yourself and give half to orphans and less privileged in your area also remind them that i will be coming to see them after my trip and they should pray for me seriously as i am undertaking a dangerouse venture for my government its just that it is a matter of national secuirity and compulsory.

As i am going into the high sea i would not be able to access the internet only calls,so when you get this parcel do call me with this my roamed number (+447908418887)or (+447031911713). i will send this gifts as a parcel l have forwarded you informations to them,they will contact you when they arrive in ur country.

sweet Loving,

Willims

Edited by sbk
email removed per forum rules

although not in answer to your post but related. my gf's friend uses a thai dating site, and has had emails from two different men. the emails are from ''engineers' in the uk, who it would seem are very successfull, but are looking for love. they send pictures, and everything appears to be normal. well, normal to a thai person reading them. i could tell after reading the first email from them, they are not who they seem. their emails are so sweet, everything a woman might like to hear. but the man never answers any questions and never goes on msn. they just copy and paste a pre written response and send that to the girl. i am not sure what they are after. money~? but if they are ''successfull'' in the uk how can they expect to get money from a thai girl. it is quite sad of the man - to raise the hopes of these girls.

there was a report on a Thai new site yesterday warning of this type of email - the next step is the man contacts the recipient saying there is tax/VAT that needs to be paid before Customs will release his gift . . . and to transfer the money into an account . . .

EDIT: there's a thread on this forum already running on the topic

Phuket Customs warns of foreigners cheating Thai ladies

Edited by Atmos

So, this person wants your friend to accept a parcel full of 'goodies' with something hidden away in the battery compartment? The English style of writing reads, to me, as if it's been written by a Nigerian person.

What exactly is your friends relationship with this person?

This has got 'scam' or 'smuggling' written all over it!

A pal of my gf got something similar from a well known dating site, no names but initials TLL shortly after the message the package got held up in Malaya and she was asked to send 33000 baht to release it, the original was from a purported guy in the USA, it took me ages to convince her it was a scam as he had been communicating with her for 3 or 4 weeks, she actually tried to borrow the money to send , at first I thought Nigerian scam but it was a bit complex for them so I thought.

although not in answer to your post but related. my gf's friend uses a thai dating site, and has had emails from two different men. the emails are from ''engineers' in the uk, who it would seem are very successfull, but are looking for love. they send pictures, and everything appears to be normal. well, normal to a thai person reading them. i could tell after reading the first email from them, they are not who they seem. their emails are so sweet, everything a woman might like to hear. but the man never answers any questions and never goes on msn. they just copy and paste a pre written response and send that to the girl. i am not sure what they are after. money~? but if they are ''successfull'' in the uk how can they expect to get money from a thai girl. it is quite sad of the man - to raise the hopes of these girls.

they are not from nor are they in the uk

So, this person wants your friend to accept a parcel full of 'goodies' with something hidden away in the battery compartment? The English style of writing reads, to me, as if it's been written by a Nigerian person.

How can you tell? Are you a resident? :rolleyes:

I can tell you this is a scam. I'm in the British Royal Navy. Everything that happens to a sub or a ship will be in a newspaper within 24 hrs. I can tell you there has been no rescue missions of any subs or ships for some time.

Plus if you read the email properly you will notice words that someone from the uk will very rarely use. Unless they are about 6 years old. Bit more beliveable if it was from an american. Don't mean to affend. Words i'm talking about are Daddy or high seas.

Next thing he says he can't be contacted by email only phone. What year does he think it is. Obviously he will be on a big ship if he is going out to the high seas (as he puts it). Most ships have satellite communications. You can get tv and internet via this. Also used for calls. It would be pointless trying to contact him at sea on his mobile. If you can't sea land you will not get signal. Sometimes even if you can see land you will struggle to make a call. I should know, the amount of times i have tried to make a call when i can see land but will not connect. You feel like throwing your phone over the side.:angry:

That email has been edited by someone who's not from a british speaking place. He says," i have forwarded you informations to them." Plus who uses the word erupted in an email anyway. Unless they are talking about something erupted in there pants.:lol:

Maybe its from Prince William and thats why its to do with national security.:rolleyes:

Anyway my two pence worth. :jap:

Huhuhu, he might be a native.

As the expat on Nigerian or African affairs on this board, he might be right.

there was a report on a Thai new site yesterday warning of this type of email - the next step is the man contacts the recipient saying there is tax/VAT that needs to be paid before Customs will release his gift . . . and to transfer the money into an account . . .

EDIT: there's a thread on this forum already running on the topic

Phuket Customs warns of foreigners cheating Thai ladies

You beat me to it. I was going to mention the same thing. The email is definately a scam.................

I personally know two Thai girls who have fallen for this type of scam. One actually borrowed about 50,000 baht and sent it to some bank account. I managed to stop the other one from sending anything.

In another situation, which I am sure is a scam, another Thai girl I know who is a Muslim has met a young Nigerian man. She says he's polite, rich and very handsome. He wants to marry a Thai Muslim and start up a business.

I don't know what his game is but I have warned her to stay clear of him. She is madly in love with him and won't listen to me. I just hope that she wakes up at some point before being hurt.

Of course I could be wrong and he is a legitimate guy.

"This has got 'scam' or 'smuggling' written all over it!".............................................No flys on you, are there.

What are you trying (wrongly) to prove Semper? I think you are after the award for ''reverse racist of the year''.

Nauseating post.

Her sister forwarded her e-mail to me as they were surprised with the action of this William Phillip. I personally know the girl but she didn't come to me before her sister. Both of 'em have quite poor English so she wanted to find out why he had to send her many valuable things plus some Pounds even though they have never seen each other. Then i try to get many ideas from this forum to back up my decision. She is in love with this guy. Full of hope !!!... This breaks her heart though. They are not poor and not wealthy somehow they have proper jobs and earn enough to look after themselves. They might be dreaming of luxurious lives somewhere. I dunno. Thank you all for your time making comments. I will tell her to keep away from this guy. I will try.:(

This is not a very tricky one but as some forum fellows said some girls had actually lost money from this sort of scam. they were temporarily blind then. poor thing!!!! this Ni------n guy is still fishing......... (Thai) Humm.....

Edited by dunkin2012

I really do not believe he is american either. I have only heard on man call his dad "daddy" in my whole life. I have never heard anyone say they are in the "high seas" either. It might be a Nigerian.

I can tell you this is a scam. I'm in the British Royal Navy. Everything that happens to a sub or a ship will be in a newspaper within 24 hrs. I can tell you there has been no rescue missions of any subs or ships for some time.

Plus if you read the email properly you will notice words that someone from the uk will very rarely use. Unless they are about 6 years old. Bit more beliveable if it was from an american. Don't mean to affend. Words i'm talking about are Daddy or high seas.

Next thing he says he can't be contacted by email only phone. What year does he think it is. Obviously he will be on a big ship if he is going out to the high seas (as he puts it). Most ships have satellite communications. You can get tv and internet via this. Also used for calls. It would be pointless trying to contact him at sea on his mobile. If you can't sea land you will not get signal. Sometimes even if you can see land you will struggle to make a call. I should know, the amount of times i have tried to make a call when i can see land but will not connect. You feel like throwing your phone over the side.:angry:

That email has been edited by someone who's not from a british speaking place. He says," i have forwarded you informations to them." Plus who uses the word erupted in an email anyway. Unless they are talking about something erupted in there pants.:lol:

Maybe its from Prince William and thats why its to do with national security.:rolleyes:

Anyway my two pence worth. :jap:

Huhuhu, he might be a native.

As the expat on Nigerian or African affairs on this board, he might be right.

mmmm interesting - scammers trying to scam scammers lol

Never trust these websites - the only ones not scamming are gullible old guys who can't see that its just another means by which poor Thai girls can hook in a live one.

Her sister forwarded her e-mail to me as they were surprised with the action of this William Phillip. I personally know the girl but she didn't come to me before her sister. Both of 'em have quite poor English so she wanted to find out why he had to send her many valuable things plus some Pounds even though they have never seen each other. Then i try to get many ideas from this forum to back up my decision. She is in love with this guy. Full of hope !!!... This breaks her heart though. They are not poor and not wealthy somehow they have proper jobs and earn enough to look after themselves. They might be dreaming of luxurious lives somewhere. I dunno. Thank you all for your time making comments. I will tell her to keep away from this guy. I will try.:(

This is not a very tricky one but as some forum fellows said some girls had actually lost money from this sort of scam. they were temporarily blind then. poor thing!!!! this Ni------n guy is still fishing......... (Thai) Humm.....

Temporarily blinded huh? You mean that thing that happens to so many unfortunate western ("hansum") men, the first time they get a look at a way-to-young Thai hottie, fresh from Isaan, who acts (while naked, and bouncing up and down on their pale/hairy body) as if she really likes them, resulting in the immediate release of ridiculous amounts of cash? THAT kind of temporary blindness?? :huh:,

In terms of the fairness of Thai girls getting scammed by men (considering what kind of Thai usually uses the dating sites), I'd say it's all pretty much a wash.

Do warn her, dunkin, because this is 100% a scam. Sadly, it's almost always the poor, desperate girl who can least afford to lose money that gets scammed. Same with the Nigerian e-mails. I'd imagine that this sort of thing will keep going on because many will continue to fall for it. Sad, quite sad.