How Much

Scoop1

Depends where in Thailand. There is quite a difference in cost of living between Bangkok and rural Thailand.

If you want to live in a condo on Sukhumvit, No, 15K THB is not enough, but I guess in Nakon Nowhere it might allow you a comfortable life.

Depends on your lifestyle whether you want to guzzle by the gallon,,,you could quite easliy blow 5k + per night partying ,,,, or if you are into R&R, spending time at the beach, visiting temples ,,, etc every other week or so you could live like a lord on 15k per week,, also if you can live on Thai food you can probably reduce your food costs by 50% or more as opposed to eating western style food. Before, I lived in Chon buri with the wife and 2 kids on quite a bit less than 30k per month all in, and thats including running a car, bike and the weekly night out to a resteraunt (thai food) although I don't drink.(not now anyway) nor does the wife.

Many of us, who live in the scrub, live very comfortably on B 30,000 or less a month. I eat both western and Thai food, mainly Thai, western I have to cook myself, as we do not have much, well no restaurants here. For some that includes cigs, and beer,, Some own their own house, some rent.Our nearest supermarket is 80 kilometres away. I do a bulk buy every 3 months or so. Mainly at Makro. Can buy a lot of English food locally. Everybody has wheels of one sort or another. It is a most pleasant life we lead.

i will still have my super later on if i need it, i have just come back after 2 months and loved it so much i want to get out of this tax,tax,tax,tax country "Australia" where its becomming so expensive

Many of us, who live in the scrub, live very comfortably on B 30,000 or less a month. I eat both western and Thai food, mainly Thai, western I have to cook myself, as we do not have much, well no restaurants here. For some that includes cigs, and beer,, Some own their own house, some rent.Our nearest supermarket is 80 kilometres away. I do a bulk buy every 3 months or so. Mainly at Makro. Can buy a lot of English food locally. Everybody has wheels of one sort or another. It is a most pleasant life we lead.

you sound like you are doing what i want to do, do you work?

How in the world did you get a job making 15,000 baht a week off the bat????

i will still have my super later on if i need it, i have just come back after 2 months and loved it so much i want to get out of this tax,tax,tax,tax country "Australia" where its becomming so expensive

Some people are creative and internet working is the future.

About how much to spend, that is totally up to lifestyle. A friend of mine is doing well on 30k a month. I need more but the more i make the more i spend. When i had less to spend i did ok too. Its all about budget and if your not supporting a girl then its easy here.

I live comfortably on 30.000 baht a month..2000 baht a month rent on a 2bed bungalow i got myself a cheap little truck for a runaround...rolleyes.gif..life is so much cheaper in the sticks !!

Edited by welsh1

Let me explain, i was a news photographer for a major newspaper in australia and went on a shoot with a racehorse, and it 'WENT OFF ITS TREE" and nailed me into the fence and stuffed my back completly, and after all the treatment they come up with the conclusion that as no longer fit to be a news photographer, and shafted me after 30yrs of service and they have to pay me that much untill i die

well sorry that happened to you. Yes, you cna live pretty well on that, learn to budget. I had a buddy making 19,000 baht a month and saved 90,000 baht for the year.

Let me explain, i was a news photographer for a major newspaper in australia and went on a shoot with a racehorse, and it 'WENT OFF ITS TREE" and nailed me into the fence and stuffed my back completly, and after all the treatment they come up with the conclusion that as no longer fit to be a news photographer, and shafted me after 30yrs of service and they have to pay me that much untill i die

Absolutely not ,Splendidly retired. I own nothing in Oz. I could not live on the pension there. I would be homeless. Here, I have a very comfortable life, including supporting my G/F, and her 3 children, 2 of whom go to school. I did work , for about 20 years ,yes ,you guessed it teaching English.But , happily , those days are long gone.Rent a lovely 2 storey house, drink beer , reformed smoker,eat extremely well .

I live in a beautiful house in Korat which is 4 hours from Bangkok. My monthly expenses are 25,000 for everything except personal entertainment which for 2 nights out a week comes to another 12,000b a month. For that price i get horizontal activity twice a week with beautiful young asian girls.

I could never live this life anywhere else for so little.

I manage to save double what i spend everymonth from my investments.

For the record , i own a house that cost 2 million to build and i also own a Altis car outright. Myself and the wife also visit Koh Chang regularly for vacations.

On 60,000baht a month you could live well and still have spare!!!!!!!!

Absolutely not ,Splendidly retired. I own nothing in Oz. I could not live on the pension there. I would be homeless. Here, I have a very comfortable life, including supporting my G/F, and her 3 children, 2 of whom go to school. I did work , for about 20 years ,yes ,you guessed it teaching English.But , happily , those days are long gone.Rent a lovely 2 storey house, drink beer , reformed smoker,eat extremely well .

i can understand what you said, it is impossible for me to live in australia on that money and i am sure i could do it in thailand, and the best thing is they have to pay all medical expenses for the rest of my life, now the next problem is visas and the like

I live in a beautiful house in Korat which is 4 hours from Bangkok. My monthly expenses are 25,000 for everything except personal entertainment which for 2 nights out a week comes to another 12,000b a month. For that price i get horizontal activity twice a week with beautiful young asian girls.

For the record , i own a house that cost 2 million to build and i also own a Altis car outright. Myself and the wife also visit Koh Chang regularly for vacations.

where is your wife when you have horizontal activity???

where is your wife when you have horizontal activity???

Outback sharpening the machete?

it depends on where in LOS. with that budget in BKK and Puket is a little too low. I mean you can fit yeself in but the quality of life isn't too good though.

I am next to Pattaya. It 's much cheaper than those 2. Do my shoppin' once a week in Pattaya, foodland. 7/11s are a lot around. very comfy & easy life!! :) ! B15,000/30 = B500/Day is OK for a single dude in Chiang M,Chiang R, Korat, Konkaen,Udon, Ayuttaya, Rayong and so on.

a decent flat for rent is approximately B3-4,000 with or without an air con (Option) in general

a bowl of Noodle soup costs you no more than $30.

a ride with a bike-taxi = $10-15 minimum

per-min.-charges on cell-phones = B1.00-1.50/min ....

cloths are more than half cheaper than in western countries. G'luck...biggrin.gif

I have a small bungalow, Ford pickup and Honda mb, play golf 2 or 3 times a week, eat out a couple times a week and travel around Thailand regularly. My monthly income is approx. 60k a month, but I don't use booze or rent bar girls..... life's good.