Posterior Capsule Opacification

Guderian

I had cataracts removed from both eyes 6 years ago. Over the last 2 or 3 years, one eye has gradually started to become a bit cloudy again. I was warned at the time of the surgery that this might happen, though they said that it would probably be within 6 months. Now the other eye is beginning to show the same symptoms, so I'm thinking it's time to at least get the first eye sorted out again. I've seen an ophthalmologist at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya, but it was already obvious what the problem is. She says I can have the laser treatment to fix the opacification any time I like, the cost is around 4000 Baht/eye.

Before deciding, I just thought I'd check if anybody else has had this done at BHP, and what their experiences were? It seems a procedure with very limited risk as no incisions are made, so maybe I'm worrying too much, but eyes are pretty important so I like to know what I am getting into.

Any experiences please?

Laser 10-20 seconds (not even continuous but 'in shots') each eye, maybe some discomfort by inflammation but a few hours later all back to normal and eyesight back to how it was ...

Edited by chakatee

Laser 10-20 seconds (not even continuous but 'in shots') each eye, maybe some discomfort by inflammation but a few hours later all back to normal and eyesight back to how it was ...

Thanks. Did you take anything for the inflammation, eyedrops or antihistamines?

I've read that this procedure can sometimes lead to elevated pressure in the eye. Did they check for that?