Police Clearance For Pgce.

I have been told that I cannot get a Thai Police Clearance if I was working on a Tourist Visa. I was teaching in Bangkok for 5 years. However I only got a work permit in my last year. This leaves me in a predicament.

I have got a place on the PGCE in the UK. However this is on condition that I get a Police Clearance cert. form Thailand covering the time I was there. I have already informed them about only being able to get it for the year that I was working with a WP. However they have stated that I need it covering all 5 years.

I think that the Clearance has the dates that the person has lived in the country? Is this true? Anyone with any experience of this? Cheers.

July, 2010...I needed a police clearance to come and work in Hong Kong. I was on a tourist visa, but had previously worked in Thailand from 1998-2007. Went to the police HQ and it wasn't a problem. Think it took about 2 weeks to be ready.

The certificate doesn't say it covers any amount of time. Just says you aren't a danger to the state or something like that so pretty much covers the entire time you were in Thailand.

Edited by nottocus

In the past, you could get a police clearance from Thailand without a Work Permit. We have had teachers who had lived in Thailand and went to work as a teacher. They went to the Thai police and got a police clearance.

I don't recall any problems.

In the past, you could get a police clearance from Thailand without a Work Permit. We have had teachers who had lived in Thailand and went to work as a teacher. They went to the Thai police and got a police clearance.

I don't recall any problems.