Premier League

rgs2001uk

Well thats it then. Because Paulo played for West Ham he must be a top bloke.....

He's a sporting hero of mine despite some dubious politics, but he's no nazi.

fascist / nazi, potato / pohtahto. he's a right wing idiot and self-confessed fascist who gave nazi salutes to the lazio fans. cracking hero right there.

Well thats it then. Because Paulo played for West Ham he must be a top bloke.....

fascist / nazi, potato / pohtahto. he's a right wing idiot and self-confessed fascist who gave nazi salutes to the lazio fans. cracking hero right there.

Tiy'd like to think we've crept past the banana era but this is just a reminder as is the muppet on the Lpool forum of late. Happily they are a dying breed. wink.gif

I'm not going to try and educate the ineducable any more, but the fascist salute pre-dates the nazi movement by thousands of years. It has it's origins in ancient Rome , where Paolo happens to come from.

Tiy'd like to think we've crept past the banana era but this is just a reminder as is the muppet on the Lpool forum of late. Happily they are a dying breed. wink.gif

So I paste something factually correct and that makes me a banana chucker?

Nope wans't referring to you or Mr Di Canio...more the reference to the same as reported by our wonderful press in order to sell more newspapers regardless of the truth. Same goes for the July <deleted>.

Apologies for any confusion.

Nope wans't referring to you or Mr Di Canio...more the reference to the same as reported by our wonderful press in order to sell more newspapers regardless of the truth. Same goes for the July <deleted>.

Apologies for any confusion.

I see, sorry I misread it..

I'm not going to try and educate the ineducable any more, but the fascist salute pre-dates the nazi movement by thousands of years. It has it's origins in ancient Rome , where Paolo happens to come from.

don't worry, i'm quite aware of what the origins of the fascist salute are. i'm also aware of who nice cuddly paolo was giving the salute to, those lovely not-racist-in-any-way lazio ultras. what a charming, culturally refined bunch of romans they and he are. sorry, he's a <deleted>.

• 2 weeks later...

Done a bit of reading on Di Canio of late.

He's somebody who just happens to have political beliefs that you may or may not agree with.

When you read more on him in depth you get to see that the press have been quite selective in what they write about him, quelle surprise. For example: he didn't say that he admires Mussolini, rather he said he admired the good things that Mussolini did and then went on to comment on how vile his actions were. It's all rather twisted to sell papers.

There is a gulf between Fascism and Nazism

If people want to think he's a dick for what his thoughts on how to best run a country are then that's up to them but when that becomes intolerance then it smacks of hypocrisy. It also smacks of ignorance of the fact that countries like Italy are known for their extreme politics.

Anyway. The important thing (to many) is that he seems to be doing a great job so far at Swindon. Of course it's early days yet but it looks as though he'll be around for a bit longer yet.

Oh.

And this is the same Di Canio that wins fair play awards for doing things like kicking the ball out of play instead of scoring in an empty net because an opposition player was down injured.

Yet his politics make him a <deleted>?

Oh.

And this is the same Di Canio that wins fair play awards for doing things like kicking the ball out of play instead of scoring in an empty net because an opposition player was down injured.

Yet his politics make him a <deleted>?

I remember that, he actually caught the ball. Good sportsmanship.

I remember him best for 'pushing' ( that being an extreme exaggeration) the referee!! Cant remember the name of the ref, but the way he went down in stages, should have been awarded an oscar!!! :lol:

I know it is not PL, but the national team.

How about the national coach (FA know how to pick them) who brought in a healer to help the players?

Would love to see the faces of the players when they learned about that.

:D

And the same manager said that disabled people deserved it, because it was a punishment for the bad stuff they did in previous life.

:o

From Wiki:

installing supposed faith healer Eileen Drewery as part of the England coaching staff, which led to the team being dubbed "The Hod Squad".

"My beliefs have evolved in the last eight or nine years, that the spirit has to come back again, that is nothing new, that has been around for thousands of years. You have to come back to learn and face some of the things you have done, good and bad. There are too many injustices around."

"You and I have been physically given two hands and two legs and half-decent brains. Some people have not been born like that for a reason. The karma is working from another lifetime. I have nothing to hide about that. It is not only people with disabilities. What you sow, you have to reap."

"You have to look at things that happened in your life and ask why. It comes around."

—Glenn Hoddle, from Matt Dickinson interview

2- Matthew Simmons.

haha, aww rus. bless. he wasn't even the biggest arsehol_e involved in that specific incident.

Carragher wasn't standing behind him was he.....??

redrus

hehe. don't think so but that gobshite paul ince was certainly in the vicinity.

We both agree on that one then.... The Mouthy prick. (Don't get me wrong, I liked him at the time but, something changed my mind, now, what was it.........)

redrus

Strange that Hod's spiritual beliefs are under attack on a website devoted to Thailand (since 90%+ of the population here would align with them). I don't believe in all that stuff but I wouldn't attack anyone who does.

Unfortunately whereas I could have forgiven Hod for his beliefs I could never forgive the fact that he was a <deleted> manager :rolleyes: