Oz Tourist Visa Help

Hello,

Would really love some kind people to help me get my head around things! Wanting to get my Thai fiancée over to meet friends and family here in Australia. We are both 24, she has a good job in Chiangmai and I am employed here in Melbourne. We never talk via email however I've gathered many photos, WU slips and trying to get hold of old phone bills etc.

Would like to get a 12 month visa so she can come back multiple times (for a few weeks at a time) as her work permits. Is it common to not get the visa you applied for? i.e. could she be issued with a 6 month or 3 month instead? no big deal I guess.

Is it a bad idea to have myself listed as her "fiancée" in the application as it's a tourist Visa?

If we were to get married (in thailand) could we apply for a spouse visa whilst the tourist visa is active? Any reason for the Aus Government to get unhappy?

Would buying a return plane ticket help at all with the application? I'd say no and a bit risky...?

I'm currently living with my father (who is also writing a letter of invitation) any drawbacks?

Many thanks.

Dude please do a search or even go back a page or two here and you will find all the info you are after!

Schillaci,

I agree with Turboadam. This forum contains a wealth of information. Do a little bit of research yourself and you will find most of the answers on this forum. You have identified at least a dozen issues that I can see. Most people wont take the time to answer every issue you have identified if you cant at least do some research here yourself.

Bridge