Suggestion For New Improved Usabilty Feature ...

Jingthing

If this feature already exists, tell me where.

OK, here is what I would like to see.

Often I want to navigate to a single forum, such as this one, but there are SO MANY forums, it's rather a bother to need to scroll down the page, to manually find the desired forum.

I would like a shortcut.

For example, at the top of the page, a popup window (such as in the SEARCH window already) which shows the TITLES of the forums only; thus quicker navigation is enabled.

Thanks for your consideration.

Thanks for that. Good news, that it exists. Bad news, I can't find it. Using Firefox 3.6.18. OK, assuming I will find it someday, why is it on the bottom? What percentage of users do you think even KNOW about it? Shouldn't it be on the TOP?

Still can't find the feature. OK, maybe I am very dense, but I can't find it. Can someone help me find it?

There's a drop down right below the last post, right hand side, above the 'Add Reply' and 'Start New Topic' buttons, same place on every page except the forum main page for some reason.

Below here

:)

Thank you very much! Now I know where to find it, pretty much EVERYWHERE except where I expected to find it! (The forum main page.) I will revise my feature request. I think it would STILL be a usability improvement to put that same drop down near the TOP of the forum main page. Maybe it's a advert revenue issue for you guys or whatever, but it seems the MOST logical and useful place to place it, so ironic to me it isn't on that page AT ALL.

And now, a second suggestion, possibly even more useful for many.

The same drop down on the page that shows after you view new content.

I'm curious, have y'all discussed this before, and if so, may I ask why you rejected it?

Edited by Jingthing

Forum software is not developed by us? Some things come with forum software changes implemented by the IPB board.

Fair enough but I thought you had staff who could tweak most anything. Maybe you can request this option for the next version; I think it would be very useful to a lot of users.

Edited by Jingthing