Fixed Term Deposit / Retirement Extension

erre191

If it is for a retirement visa, they want to see it in a normal Thai savings account.

I've renewed my retirement visa in Udon the past few years with a fixed account at Siam Commercial Bank. No problem.

I tried it in HuaHin a few yeras back and they said the money must be able to be accessed immediatly, like today.

The account I had meant I could only get the cash the day after I applied and that was unacceptable to them at that time.

Isn't there anybody out there, working with any of the many legal- , visa-companies, who really knows about this and can state a clear yes or no. So much conflicting info about this point. Thank you! ER

The problem is that there isnt a definite yes/no answer here. It all depends on the whim of the immigration official on the day, and how the local office chooses to interpret the law.

In farangland there would be specific rules that dictate precisely what is and what isnt acceptable, and every official in every regional office would follow exactly the same rules. But not here.