Re Previous Post,Dont Get Married

strikingsunset

Just been reading the replies to the post " Dont get Married" with interest.

To say in advance- having been married and divorced twice in the UK,I have no intention of ever- ever getting married again.

My question is,why do so many guys come to Thailand and get married ?,is it pressure from the g/f or are the financial implications limited to ones assets in Thailand only ?,(so the financial hit on divorce is much less than in one,s home country)

Or is there another reason ?,I suppose "love" could come into it

I read some time ago the divorce rate between thai,s and foreigners is over 70%,I would have thought thats a good enough reason not to go the marriage route.............but I have crashed and burned already.

I don't think the devorce rate is any better in the Uk 70% is about the norm

Yes I did marry a Thai after my Divorce many years before from my UK wife

Best thing I have done. I did not want to live out my life out on my own.

I now have a wonderfull careing wife. Married now for over 3 years

Maybe i was lucky

Hopefully we will stay married But if the s**t did hit the fan I would not try again I am 99% sure.

But I have lived long enough not to say 100%

Yes there are good and bad everywere. You have to sort the weat from the chaff It's not easy to get it right all the time

Things that were important to me were Personal and general, Is she clean in her self and around the house. Can she cook ect

Her looks came into the mix but only Do I find her attractive.

Not that long ago I was realy ill and I can only say my Wife was up there with the best I will not forget how good she was with me

Good luck to enyone who is contemplateing Marrage to a Thai lady. Think with your head and not your brains in your boxers

Got married after 4 1/2 of living together, always said I'd have to be with someone full-time for 5 yrs before taking the plunge, but hey, she's lovely so I sped it up a bit. :rolleyes:

Edited by hehehoho

You get the same non-answers when you ask a woman why she wants to have children. You get a blank stare and then the usual idiotic responses.

The only real reason to get married is if you want children. Then you must ask yourself, why do you want children in the first place.

You get the same non-answers when you ask a woman why she wants to have children. You get a blank stare and then the usual idiotic responses.

The only real reason to get married is if you want children. Then you must ask yourself, why do you want children in the first place.

I agree I have got 2 kids, i have tasted the horror and loneliness of marriage,never again will i give up my priceless freedom.

OP

I agree I have got 2 kids, i have tasted the horror and loneliness of marriage,never again will i give up my priceless freedom.

OP

It's possible to have kids, wife and freedom but i know what you mean.

maybe start a thread about not having kids.

I,ve been married and divorced in the UK . shit happens ,but have now been happily married to my Thai wife for 17 years ,first living in the UK and now here for 5 years.

just as many happy marriages between westerners and Thais as any marriages.

I think that marriage can actually hinder or destroy a relationship. It creates unnatural, unwanted and forced obligations.

Most people who are fair and reasonable have a sense of responsibility when relationships get a bit strained. I see no purpose in marriage other than to force together two people who may, after some experience with each other, decide they are not compatible.

If two people genuinely love each other, they don't need a marriage ceremony. The problems arise when they don't genuinely love each other, but think a marriage will fix that.

I don't think the devorce rate is any better in the Uk 70% is about the norm

Yes I did marry a Thai after my Divorce many years before from my UK wife

Best thing I have done. I did not want to live out my life out on my own.

I now have a wonderfull careing wife. Married now for over 3 years

Maybe i was lucky

Hopefully we will stay married But if the s**t did hit the fan I would not try again I am 99% sure.

But I have lived long enough not to say 100%

Yes there are good and bad everywere. You have to sort the weat from the chaff It's not easy to get it right all the time

Things that were important to me were Personal and general, Is she clean in her self and around the house. Can she cook ect

Her looks came into the mix but only Do I find her attractive.

Not that long ago I was realy ill and I can only say my Wife was up there with the best I will not forget how good she was with me

Good luck to enyone who is contemplateing Marrage to a Thai lady. Think with your head and not your brains in your boxers

You have written pretty much what I would have!

I'm blessed in that my wife was a professional cook, so always have great meals.

I made her wait 2 years before going ahead to be as sure as is possible, but she was becoming pretty unhappy, as people at "home" thought she was a bar girl ( we used to live in Pattaya ).

PS I did pay Sin Sod, but her mum gave it back, so it was just for show.