100 Baht Went Missing From My Hotel Room

kunash

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're so worried about $3 you start a thread about it? You are worried that someone who probably makes less than that a day got one over on you? Something is seriously wrong with you. This sounds like a trollish comment, so sorry about that. I'm just amazed at the pettiness of the OP.

If you leave small change about in any hotel room, the staff will automatically assume it's a tip. I would think that applies in most countries, not only Thailand.

I agree 100% with that. That is how I do tip just leave the money out and available. Either on the bed ,dresser or tv. If you wish to wait till the end to tip leave the tip money you are collecting in a drawer I am sure it wil still be there when are ready to put it out.

This is a silly thread.

But you had to reply. :blink:

Wine and tipping is two of my favorite hobbies.. Or at least tipping is important if nothing else, and getting somebody fired is important (or maybe just plain old nice) not to do over 100 baht..

Edited by remiss

Kunash, you are kidding right? You actually went and reported 100 baht in coins missing from the high end hotel you are staying at? First off I would tip the cleaning person at a low-middle level hotel room at least that much. Second off its 3 U.S. dollars man! You want to run someone under the bus for that? IF they thought it was not just simply a tip and they actually did it as an act of stealing, well they needed it a lot more than you did, especially staying at a high end hotel.

Edited by wiscoman

I keep real valuables and cash in the safe. If I leave some pocket change on the table and it disappears, I would probably wouldn't think twice about it other than perhaps to assume that housekeeping thought it was a tip. I certainly wouldn't approach hotel management with it and take the chance of getting some poor hotel housekeeper fired. Even if it was a misunderstanding, she would probably be fired anyway as management would consider her an aggravation and expendable

In my hotel, the chambermaids have been told NOT to touch anything in the room, period.

So how would they clean anything??

Not sure why hotel workers get a bad rap in Thailand, . On one of our trips my wife noticed that when we came back to the States that she lost track of where she ;left her very expensive diamond broach on a 24k gold necklace. She did not remember where she had lost it, since it is to expensive to wear everyday. She last remembered wearing it in Koh Samui but we went to Koh Chang and Bangkok afterward, so she may have misplaced it at any of these locations . So when I got back to the States I e-mailed the last place she remembered wearing it an the hotel in Koh Samui and within twenty four hours they responded with pics of the necklace and sent the necklace promptly back to us via express mail at their cost. I usually never leave valuables in the room but on occasion with my forgetful mind have left valuables such as electronics in the room without ever having anything removed from the room. I guess it is just luck of the draw.