Friend Of Mine Does Not Stop For Police, Just Keeps Driving

WebBangkok

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<br />Russian is probably better - there is a real fear of Russian's here I heard - mostly due to watching too many Mafia movies I guess. Put ona  Russian accent and say "Da" and "Dasvidania" a lot - or if you are sure he doesn't speak Rusky (which is very unlikely) then try "yob t'voyu mat"<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Tak не говорят. Just imagine if the Thai cop, I know it is a long shot, what if he understands Russian?

Russian is probably better - there is a real fear of Russian's here I heard - mostly due to watching too many Mafia movies I guess. Put ona Russian accent and say "Da" and "Dasvidania" a lot - or if you are sure he doesn't speak Rusky (which is very unlikely) then try "yob t'voyu mat"

There are Russian Mafia movies?dry.gifcool.gif

I take the bus down Sukhumvit everyday, took last night too, did not see any chasing but saw a girl giving a head at the back of a Taxi ...whistling.gif,

Sorry but you get bored in a bus in traffic, so you start looking around rolleyes.gif

Anyhow, just wanna say :watch out for buses when doing your private matters

Sorry off-topic, I go now ...

A great story is never off topic!

:cheesy:

My wife (thai) always tells me to just keep going whenever a 'buffalo' tries to wave us down. generally I stop, when she is driving she just keeps going, one time a cop stood in front of the car outside central bang-na, she knocked him over and kept going, I was expecting gunshots, but nothing happened.

My wife (thai) always tells me to just keep going whenever a 'buffalo' tries to wave us down. generally I stop, when she is driving she just keeps going, one time a cop stood in front of the car outside central bang-na, she knocked him over and kept going, I was expecting gunshots, but nothing happened.

Ah now - you need to teach her how to back up quickly.

Actually my friend was stopped on his motorcycle, when he was getting his license out the officer thought he saw a British embassy card and goes to him "You work at British Embassy?" My friend goes "hmmmm yeah I work at the British embassy". The police apologised to him and let him go.&lt;deleted&gt; is with that?

That is the 'working for the government' factor.

You work for government, you can do whatever the hell you like, if I stop you and find out you've done something wrong, it's embarrassing. Sorry, I didn't know, please don't be angry with me!

Maybe it just made him think about diplomatic immunity. I'm sure all plod are taught that to some degree.

i new a cheeky chappy here years ago who had business cards that said he was head of security for the british embassy. funny thing was he used the same exact paper type, format and font as the real embassy. police stops never went further than a furnishing of the card.

Please obey traffic rules it makes it safer for others.

:D :D :D :D :D

The BIB does not only stop you if you make a mistake. They often just want money. Especially if your on a motorbike.

So follow the rules and you wont worry about getting stopped. Crazy idea huh?

Exactly how long have you been here?

If you use a proper helmet you will never face any problems with the Thai police again.

Here some pics of my helmet:

I dont give 100 Baht!

img0581jw.th.jpg

Cockroach

img0580os.th.jpg

555 :lol:

img0582kn.th.jpg

With this helmet the police can clearly see that I am unwilling to pay any money.

And where does one find this helmet sold? In 4 yrs living here, I have never seen these for sale anyway in my shopping travels.

• 2 weeks later...

And where does one find this helmet sold? In 4 yrs living here, I have never seen these for sale anyway in my shopping travels.

There are several shops for police accessoires in Bangkok. Unfortunately they dont sell guns. But you can get anything else to be a real looking Thai Police guy. Uniforms, helmets, vests, handcuffs...

I really can imagine:

"Hey, Somchai! Lets get a police uniform there and rob some cars."

"Wow. Good idea!"

Everybody can go in and buy this stuff. But I was told by some locals that I shouldn,t use the royal thai police emblem. Anyway this is a very dangerous part of the helmet. There is some kind of nail to fix this emblem to the helmet. And this nail inside the helmet is not safe. Just some mm in front of your forehead. You can suggest what will happen in an accident.

The people in this shop are very nice. I think I paid about 350 baht for the helmet and also got a free Thai police sticker for my bike. :lol:

The shop is located at the end of Chalermprakiat Rd. / On Nut. GPS: 13.720562,100.697762

Always carry a little stash of money in your wallet, to pay off cops, no need to run from them, it is an accepted farang payment when pulled over. It is also a lot cheaper then having your tires shot at, not to mention much safer :jap: Only in "Amazing Thailand"