New Swiss Restaurant In Surin?

hanuman2543

I was in there a few days ago with a couple of friends of mine. They had both been before, and enjoyed it.The place is a single shophouse type unit, very nicely decorated and very clean. The owner is actually back in switzerland at the moment, and his lady is running the place alone. she is a very friendly lady, and she actually remembered both of my friends name from their previous visit, which i thought was impressive. As for the food, it was very good, i had homemade lasagne and a homemade rosti, my friends had a sirloin steak with rosti, and the other a dish called black and white which consisted of a piece of pork fillet, and a piece of beef fillet served with a sauce and a rosti.we all agreed the quality was very good and the service excellent, on the whole well worth a return visit soon. By the way she also bakes her own bread which gives off a beautiful aroma as soon as you walk in the place. One slight problem, if you want a chicken dish it seems you have to order the day before, no idea why.

I was in there a few days ago with a couple of friends of mine. They had both been before, and enjoyed it.The place is a single shophouse type unit, very nicely decorated and very clean. The owner is actually back in switzerland at the moment, and his lady is running the place alone. she is a very friendly lady, and she actually remembered both of my friends name from their previous visit, which i thought was impressive. As for the food, it was very good, i had homemade lasagne and a homemade rosti, my friends had a sirloin steak with rosti, and the other a dish called black and white which consisted of a piece of pork fillet, and a piece of beef fillet served with a sauce and a rosti.we all agreed the quality was very good and the service excellent, on the whole well worth a return visit soon. By the way she also bakes her own bread which gives off a beautiful aroma as soon as you walk in the place. One slight problem, if you want a chicken dish it seems you have to order the day before, no idea why.

do you have the name of the road it is on, or which hospital (as there are more than 1 ) or directions pls, i would like to try it

do you have the name of the road it is on, or which hospital (as there are more than 1 ) or directions pls, i would like to try it

Lorenzino'S Swiss Cuisine is located at 30/26 Lak Mueang Rd.

Amphur Muang, Surin, Thailand 32000

GPS: N14.87479 E103.50681

post-16220-0-77754500-1310127566_thumb.j

Edited by bartomeer

If they should ever put "Original-Swiss-Fondue with all the trimmings" on the menu: Per weight, there is hardly any sort of food that contains more calories. So, if you rather have your wife stay "slim and trim", do not recommend "Fondue".

On the other hand: If you think your wife is underweight, this might be the way to take care of the problem.

As always, all in good humor.

Cheers.

I went there yesterday and can only agree with your post. Only the portions, especially the amount of meat was quite small but the rest, like you already said, really worth a visit :)

Thanks for the info, I will check this place out. If this place is good they might just make it. Seems there are more and more expats in Surin over the past few years. I used to go to Big C 4-5 years ago and be lucky if I saw another expat, now days I go there and expats are everywhere. Is everyone moving out of BKK? LOL.

Does anyone know any other good western restaurants?

• 2 weeks later...

Been there a few times now, the lasagne is superb and pasta too. First time we went in there the lady was very nice and friendly and we told her we would come back at the weekend as it was my wifes birthday. Anyway when we returned she had bought her flowers, she had only spoke to her for a short time and its nice to know she was listening and wanted to make her birthday special.

The bread is superb there and they have parma ham which I love which is freshly sliced when you order. Everything seems home made and it is delicious. Id say this and Sydney seasons are the 2 best farang shops in surin city at the moment.

i went here today for lunch, and it was superb. I had the lasagne. the lady owner is very friendly and is passionate about her cooking and to try out new, home cooked, recipes.

i even made a suggestion to her about introducing a nice home cooked shepherd's pie to the menu ( ok maybe not Swiss, but lovely if home cooked ).

she wants to keep the menu small, so everything can be fresh.

a definate thumbs up from me. I like it. for me, the best western orientated restaurant in Surin, just for the quality of the food.

edit - we were given a roast chicken with herbs, to try as a tester. the owner wanted to know if we like the combination, together with an apple / cake desert. these were both very nice. i also bought a freshly cooked stick of bread from there

Edited by kunash