Gym With Leg Press

tomahawk

I guess, the most modern training equipment including leg presses you'll find at the 700 Year Stadium. All training equipment is adjusted hydraulically, very well maintained. Supervised by sports students, very helpful.

Annual membership, I think.... is only 500 b! Per usage 50b under 50y , over 50 or handicapped ( not sure) 30b.

Note= there are 2 different gyms, the 2nd one is cheaper and has not much nor very good equipment.

California Wow at Airport plaza has 2-3 machines for leg press or another one with free weights that you add weight to....also they have a smith machine which could be used so 4 at least...nicest gym in CM for sure

I pay about 1800 baht a month to work out there...nicest and best in CM for sure as I looked at them all as well as hotel gyms...cali wow is the closest to an American full service club

The gym at Centara Duang Tawan Hotel has some leg press machines. I don't know the specifics; I use only their upper body machines, since I get my lower body workout thru the aerobics machines and swimming in their very good pool.

If you want to avoid the rip-off, factory-like, look-at-me gyms, op, have a look for City Gym (between the Super and Lanna Golf Course). Used to be 500 baht a year, 20 baht a time (40 for non-members). They had a leg press, leg extensor, hamstrings, calves, and smith machine. Mostly locals.

/Btw, does the 700 year stadium have a Concept II resistance rower yet?//

Edited by jackr

Thanks everyone. I would never expect there to be so many gyms. I will check out all of the ones suggested. Just some information, Home Fitness near Big C has leg press but has maximum 200 lbs. which is not much for leg press.

youtube

bulgarian split squat

reverse lunges

pistol squat

step ups

singleleg romanian deadlift

deadlift

pullthrough

good morning

front squat

goblet squat

swings

dont use leg press, leg ext, leg curl :rolleyes:

Thank you finy. I already do pistol squats and also do hindu squats every day. However due to disk injury I no longer do deadlifts or barbell squats. Basically I prefer these to leg press but the leg press is safer for back.

I went to gym at 700 year stadium today and I think it is great. Only 30 baht and it had leg press machine and many other good machines and free weights. I went in morning and only 1 other person was there. It is perhaps not as nice as some other gyms but it is definitely a good value for the money.

Thanks everyone. I would never expect there to be so many gyms. I will check out all of the ones suggested. Just some information, Home Fitness near Big C has leg press but has maximum 200 lbs. which is not much for leg press.

Do you think that might be 200kg? That's the limit of the machines at Centara Duang Tawan (I checked today). That's something like 440 pounds, which should be enough for just about anyone.

Do you think that might be 200kg? That's the limit of the machines at Centara Duang Tawan (I checked today). That's something like 440 pounds, which should be enough for just about anyone.

I disagree, but it would be enough for some.

Tomahawk, while you search for a "proper" leg press station, think about using a bench press station. We use that sometimes to vary our leg press routine. Lying on a bench also protects your iffy disc. Quite easy to "unhook" the bar with a slight twist of your soles, then push upwards + away! Of course, you'll want shoes with non-slip soles or just wrap non-slips around the bar.

Thank you I will try this idea with bench press machine. Leg press at 700 year stadium goes up to 140 kg and I lifted this and it seemed heavier than the 200 at Home Fitness, so I assume the 200 was pounds and not kgs. However they were different kinds of machines so perhaps the Home Fitness machine had better leverage or something.

... perhaps the Home Fitness machine had better leverage or something.

Yes, tweaking the incline/angle/rep offers our jaded muscles a fresh new routine. It's a pleasant surprise when you notice a spurt in muscle growth by doing it differently.... or involve kinetic techniques e.g. instead of the usual "push away for x reps" (leg press) Try to stagger the return i.e. for each rep, push away. Then don't come straight back to a bent leg. Stop halfway (or stop twice so you break the return into 3 short movements) Try this tactic with other muscle groups. It helps with monotonous reps.... and tricks the muscles into working better.