Quick Question About My Shifting Light

Wondering if anyone can answer this question for me, I have 2 R1's, a road bike and a track bike, the road bike's shift light comes on right before you hit the redline, but the track bike comes on (i notices yesterday) at 7k rpm, i never noticed that before. Now the bike has had some work done tunning it up etc, but i dont remember it telling me to shift so early, is there something wrong with the engine or whats going on? Maybe some one can help me out so i dont have to take it to the mechanic, unless is really bad. Thanks.

I dare say that your battery has been disconnected and the dash has reset itself to the factory defaults. Just go back and reset the shift light parameters using the owners manual. Simple as that.

Yes, i recently changed the battery, so thats what happpen :rolleyes: . Thanks guys. Its greatly appreciated.:jap:

You didn't say what year model you have, but there are lots of variables you can program into the light: max shift point, max rpm point, light pulse or continous and background lighting etc.

Yes, i recently changed the battery, so thats what happpen :rolleyes: . Thanks guys. Its greatly appreciated.:jap:

You didn't say what year model you have, but there are lots of variables you can program into the light: max shift point, max rpm point, light pulse or continous and background lighting etc.

The track bike R1 is a 04 model.....and does anyone know where i can get "angel eyes" lights put on for my road bike here in bkk? Thanks

Best part is that its no big thing and you get to customize how it reacts. Let us know how you get on :)

Best part is that its no big thing and you get to customize how it reacts. Let us know how you get on :)

It worked like a charm. Thanks :D